Manchester airport arrest

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24840
That policeman is going to get fired for certain and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get charged with ABH/GBH.  Thank God for phones that can record video.  In days gone past that asshole would have faced no consequences and would have continued that disgraceful behaviour unchecked. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c7259wpl1x9o

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6860
    edited July 24
    Please let this vile coward be arrested and sent to prison until he is too old to shit properly. Throw away the key.
    It looks like the victim has already been tased. FFS. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1278
    Have a look at the Crimebodge channel on YouTube if you want to see more police abusing their power.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6977
    I’d have more sympathy if he hadn’t just chinned 3 police officers including a female one…
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    Scum bag stamps on another scum bags head.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1697
    Iamnobody said:
    I’d have more sympathy if he hadn’t just chinned 3 police officers including a female one…
    I didn't see what went before, but surely somebody vested with the full power and weight of the law behind him should have the maturity and restraint not to attack a defenceless individual like that - no ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    So while they're kicking the shit out of him, there's a guy just chilling on the bench in the background =)
    I think he's sitting with his hands up in case he gets tazered as well..
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6977
    AK99 said:
    Iamnobody said:
    I didn't see what went before, but surely somebody vested with the full power and weight of the law behind him should have the maturity and restraint not to attack a defenceless individual like that - no ?
    Correct. From what you can see on the video it’s excessive force. 

Mind you, if I behaved that way and (allegedly) assault armed police. I’d expect to get a good kicking whether it’s right or wrong. 

That’s why I have little sympathy. I don’t say it was right. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7393
    The prisons are full up so tbh the guy the copper stomped would have probably got away with a community sentence for fighting in the airport then thumping 3 coppers trying to break it up.

Personally the thought of getting kicked in by a heavy footed copper would be a far bigger deterrent to me than the risk of a soft non custodial sentence so although it’s wrong I can see the benefits 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Iamnobody said:
    AK99 said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Correct. From what you can see on the video it’s excessive force. 

Mind you, if I behaved that way and (allegedly) assault armed police. I’d expect to get a good kicking whether it’s right or wrong. 

That’s why I have little sympathy. I don’t say it was right. 
    Yeah - coming from a relatively rough area as a kid, I'd have to say I'd probably expect similar :)

The cop in question needs to have his license to use that kind of force removed permanently though. (IMO of course)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1714
    Except the likely hood is such 2000ADeque justice is often given out regardless of guilt and rarely proportionately. 

See the report this week on Manchester police's behaviour with females.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8167
    Why was there no sound to the video footage?
    Was this so we couldn't hear police officers swearing, or was it so that we wouldn't be able to hear what the guy on the ground may have said that appeared to have prompted the sudden and vicious kick and stomp.
    Who is the person down at his side that has had his or her face fuzzed out?

I would like to see another video that has full audio, but I would say that if the cop can't restrain himself from kicking and stomping on somebody's head regardless of how enraged he may have been at the preceding attack on his colleagues, then he should not be in that job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    edited July 25
    There is some audio on this one. Plenty of video's on social media showing the build up, it all kicking off, etc.... 

https://news.sky.com/video/police-officer-kicks-and-stamps-on-mans-head-at-manchester-airport-13184467

Edit, not saying there aren't any out there but I've not seen any footage of any police officers being hit. 

I take back my initial comment. 
    edited July 25
    In the longer version of the video on the BBC website the officer the goes to the guy in the grey tshirt in the background. Shouting at him “sit down” while he is…sitting down. 

The guy somehow complies and proceeds to kneel on the ground with his hands behind his head. The officer proceeds to stamp his crotch/stomach so the guy leans forward. He grabs the back of the guys head and shoves him to the ground and follows up with slamming the back of his head with the taser. 

Later on, I’m unsure if it’s the same officer, but someone is seen kneeling on grey tshirts neck. 

At no point in any video I’ve seen is grey tshirt resisting, aggressive or non compliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArfashandiArfashandi Frets: 49
    i would venture there is more to this than meets the eye. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4017
    Iamnobody said:
    All three needed hospital treatment and one had a broken nose. Plus all three were firearms officers, and whilst they should have a greater degree of self control that a general officer, if someone attacks an armed officer there’s a reasonable risk that the officer’s weapon could be taken. So perhaps a greater degree of force is warranted, not that that excuses kicking the attacker once he was on the ground. 
    i would venture there is more to this than meets the eye. 
    The story doing the rounds is that the initial kick off was one of the men attacking another passenger because he had barged passed and knocked down their mother in the terminal. 

In the uncensored longer version of the video on the BBC, the smaller ginger officer appears in distress and while there is no blood on their face there is some dripping onto the floor in front of them. 

There is also a shot of the mother whose face is visibly swollen around her eye. 

Anyway can anyone tell I’ve been up since half four browsing Twitter because my boy has a cold?
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12505
    Provocation doesn't matter, the copper lost his shit. It is their job to be professional. I work with teens in care and have been kicked spat at and punched more times than I care to remember. If I hit back I'm done for and rightly so. Same for this copper. I understand the stress of the situation but it's no excuse.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437
    drofluf said:
    Iamnobody said:
    All three needed hospital treatment and one had a broken nose. Plus all three were firearms officers, and whilst they should have a greater degree of self control that a general officer, if someone attacks an armed officer there’s a reasonable risk that the officer’s weapon could be taken. So perhaps a greater degree of force is warranted, not that that excuses kicking the attacker once he was on the ground. 
    So why didnt one draw their firearm? Thats surely what they are for?
    edited July 25
    Gandalph said:
    There is some audio on this one. Plenty of video's on social media showing the build up, it all kicking off, etc.... 

https://news.sky.com/video/police-officer-kicks-and-stamps-on-mans-head-at-manchester-airport-13184467

Edit, not saying there aren't any out there but I've not seen any footage of any police officers being hit. 

I take back my initial comment. 
    Looks even worse in that.

The guy who had been on the seat gets pushed to the ground and then gets a couple of digs for good measure as well.

First time I noticed the two guys on the receiving end  - and also by the look of it what seems to be their mother - were non-white.