Manchester airport arrest

What's Hot

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437
    Offset said:
    euan said:
    So a lawyer representing the man who was stomped on the head is claiming that the victim has a cyst on the brain as a result. And also he has a brother who is an officer in GMP. 
    The lawyer or the twat who got kicked?
     victim is the word your looking for. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 526
    A little known fact - it’s ok to defer judgement until all the facts are presented.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12893
    Offset said:
    euan said:
    So a lawyer representing the man who was stomped on the head is claiming that the victim has a cyst on the brain as a result. And also he has a brother who is an officer in GMP. 
    We'll have to wait and see before we pass final judgement on that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10826
    edited July 26
    Offset said:
    Offset said:
    euan said:

Let’s wait before we call him a twat or a victim.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1087
    I have two thoughts on the matter.

1. Armed police shouldn’t get involved in these situations and it needs to be left to other officers. Imagine being the policeman knowing you have a gun with the potential of it being taken off you if you are overwhelmed. The very thought of this will mean you act differently. I think the review process will highlight the issue. 

2. Civil war on the way - there is clear divides and extremism between communities now and I think it will boil over as demonstrations happen afterwards and people take sides with one or the other. There is so many angles that are picked up on afterwards and threw around and it’s getting worse rather then better. It shouldn’t be seen like that, but it is, and it’s getting worse. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1118
    Rob1742 said:

2. Civil war on the way - there is clear divides and extremism between communities now and I think it will boil over as demonstrations happen afterwards and people take sides with one or the other. There is so many angles that are picked up on afterwards and threw around and it’s getting worse rather then better. It shouldn’t be seen like that, but it is, and it’s getting worse. 
    Absolutely, there are inflammatory 'spokespersons' on both sides of the fence who are just making matters worse. These are generally poorer area's with obviously higher associated crimes rates, and poking them with with sticks of division and hate helps no one.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12893
    edited July 26
    viz said:

Fair enough @viz .

* EDIT - that would normally be my approach but this one has touched a nerve with me.  I'll reserve judgement.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11621
    viz said:
    Offset said:
    Offset said:
    euan said:

Could well be both.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11621
    Gassage said:
    Both men have since been released without charge.

I just read an Evening Standard article that said that four were arrested.  Even if two have been released, that suggests there were two more who did probably do something to initiate the incident.

We don't know exactly what went on, but the fact that a policewoman has a broken nose is a bit of a giveaway that something went on.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10434
    Rob1742 said:
    I have two thoughts on the matter.

1. Armed police shouldn’t get involved in these situations and it needs to be left to other officers. Imagine being the policeman knowing you have a gun with the potential of it being taken off you if you are overwhelmed. The very thought of this will mean you act differently. I think the review process will highlight the issue. 

1. Armed police work in airports, if a crime happens they're going to attend. If they just ignored it and called less armed colleagues and someone got seriously hurt there would be outcry.

2. Mate, it's a scuffle in an airport. It won't lead to civil war, chill. 
  • joeW said:
    A little known fact - it’s ok to defer judgement until all the facts are presented.  
    You clearly hail from a time before 24 hour rolling news and social media. :)
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7445
    A lot of people seem to think that you have to pick a side between the police and the for want of a better term "suspects". I  don't think this is the case at all.

The people who were arrested should be charged for the crimes they committed, including presumably assaulting a police officer.

However, the officer in the video should *also* be charged.

In our society we don't empower the police with the authority to establish guilt, for good reason. So we need to hold them to a much higher standard and we as a society should have zero tolerance of police brutality.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    crunchman said:
    viz said:
    Offset said:
    Offset said:
    euan said:

Could well be both.
    Twictim? 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 422
    Without wishing to comment further, here's a link containing a lot more footage of the incident than I've seen elsewhere that I just saw on Singletrack forum.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1242
    Rob1742 said:

2. Civil war on the way - 
    Hahahaha 
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1697
    Jfingers said:
    Without wishing to comment further, here's a link containing a lot more footage of the incident than I've seen elsewhere that I just saw on Singletrack forum.

A lot to unpick there. 

According to that article, the two men arrested and still in police custody are related to the guy who took the initial footage in circulation, not the two chaps handcuffed and on the deck.

• joeWjoeW Frets: 526
    joeW said:
    You clearly hail from a time before 24 hour rolling news and social media. :)
    That’s pretty fair - i prefer to read Marcus Aurelius than X 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • redwedgeredwedge Frets: 19
    The Police should be treated under the law the same as everyone else. This Officer)officers rather than being suspended should be arrested, charged, remanded.  Because when you treat police as being above the law it results in issues.  If Couzens had been treated as a member of the public and not a police officer at least one woman would still be alive.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7445
    Jfingers said:

Looking at the background it looks like the police tried to wrestle one of the men to the ground first although the shot was obscured a bit. I'm guessing all that happened after the female officers nose was broken though. 

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7892

I can’t get on board with the logic that earlier un-filmed events might hold the justification as to why what we did see was ok, or shouldn’t lead to disciplinary or criminal action being appropriate against the officer.

Still less can I get behind the logic that it would be wrong to pursue it TOO far in case it meant someone lost their otherwise juicy pension.

Both of those things sound bonkers to me. 

Also, surely someone in the Police gets how it looks to the general public if not one of those officers turned on their body worn camera (I say ‘if’ - I’d like to think someone did, even if Manc-Homelander there wasn’t the sort to) 

Red ones are better.