Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 856
    edited August 31
    This queuing system is shit. I don't know why the British aren't up in arms about it.

If there's 90k tickets and you can get 4 each, and I joined the queue at 95k, and there's still 68k in front surely the tickets were all gone by the time I reached 70k?
    I suspect lots of people are like me. They get to the front, see the only ones left are £500 and then decide not to buy them. So might be worth sticking with it if you’d want platinum tickets. 

I would imagine (hope) they’ll be adding more dates. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    That's brilliant :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mattdavis said:
    mattdavis said:
    Now daughter booted out after we declined platinum tickets at a mere  £489 each. I’m not paying that.  
    Hopefully they’ll release more dates or at least tour again. Good luck to everyone else. 
    Almost sold out I think bud.
    Am I just being old and miserable? Would you have spent £1000 on a pair of tickets? That’s a very decent guitar! 
    No mate I wouldn't, me and Mrs Ed agreed to max out around 300 quid and no behind the stage or shit like that.
    Cheers. We set a similar limit. And even that is frankly bonkers! 
    RIGHT - officially given up... fuck it... will look forward to learning the new album, must remember G, Cadd9, Em7... that will do...

Everyone who got tickets, enjoy, well done :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1751
    mattdavis said:
    swiller said:
    grabbed only available for cardiff. platinum 800 for a pair, seated with good views.. ffs but its a one off, first of tour etc. You only live once etc.
    Fair enough. Maybe I’m being an idiot. 
    maybe i am as well. 400 sovs per ticket for a  gig ffs lol
    Dont worry, be silly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4890
    edited August 31

I’ve got to the front of the queue but it just says ‘something went wrong’ when it has checked availability.
    so assume it’s sold out.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9058
    How do I put this politely?

Cunts.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 536
    edited August 31
    It’s interesting watching this from another country, which completely removes the option of getting tickets and puts a totally different perspective on it. 

I completely get why people are going crazy and prepared to pay huge amounts for tickets - the nostalgia for older fans and the chance to see them for fans who were too young the first time around - I’m sure my 14 year old nephew will desperately trying to get his hands on some.  

But being removed from it all, I honestly don’t think I’d be bothered if I was in the UK - a combination of Liam’s voice being shot and it basically looking like NGHFB’s plus Liam, just doesn’t get me excited.  Or perhaps I’m just an old bastard now and stadium gigs just don’t do it for me anymore.  Having said all that though, I’ll definitely be following all the build up and reviews of the gigs and watching clips as they go onto YouTube!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    How do I put this politely?

Cunts.
    Will this be enough for someone to actually do something about it is the question?

I’ve got to the front of the queue but it just says ‘something went wrong’ when it has checked availability.
    so assume it’s sold out.
    I had that several times. Try platinum tickets if that happens. 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 5009
    Y'know - when G 'n' R reformed (Slash's divorce bill in that case  :)), everyone went nuts as it would be their only chance.  Then they played Download, then Glastonbury...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Y'know - when G 'n' R reformed (Slash's divorce bill in that case  :)), everyone went nuts as it would be their only chance.  Then they played Download, then Glastonbury...
    Good point...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5165
    edited August 31
    Zero joy in the pre-sale (was at work so couldn't access it on the phone properly), and none this am.

Still queuing for the queue which is mad, how many times and different artists do we have to go through this with before someone invents a better system? Honestly at least paper tickets at sales venues favoured the fans not shit house touts and bots.

Hopefully the band follow through and cancel the tickets that are being flogged for thousands and allow everyone another chance, I'm sure there will be more dates anyway.

Well done to those that got tickets, wish I'd favoured Heaton over Wembley now but life works out either way!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2789
    This is no surprise. Hype+kids+legacy fans+Ticketmaster = mysery. I hope all the Jakes and Mollies enjoy it.
    Exactly. This is the way popular culture is now we largely socialize and transact online.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1155
    Can they honestly cancel tickets being bought on 'unofficial' re-sale sites, or are these just empty threats?
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    Can this thread be moved to the Recent Scams thread?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6908
    Can they honestly cancel tickets being bought on 'unofficial' re-sale sites, or are these just empty threats?
    If it’s in the T&C’s that tickets can only be sold at face value, then I guess they can.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    You would think with the amount they charge in fees they would be able to afford a website that doesn't do this every single time big events go on sale.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5165
    edited August 31
    Finally into the actual website and into a queue (for shits and giggles), 372000 in front of me, fuck off.............. what a load of shite, send some to the independent record stores, I'd have gone and queued as would other genuine folk.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    I'm trying to understand this platinum thing. Whenever I've seen those listed on gigs I've assumed it was some sort of package deal maybe with a drink and goody bag included or something.
    I just googled it and on the Ticketmaster site it says it's not part of a package it's just a normal ticket that they've seen is 'in demand' so they've upped the price.
    Well they're all in demand aren't they? Its been in the news all week. So have they said that a ticket is £135 but then as soon as they go on sale they're pretending they didn't realise it would be this popular and actually they're going to have to be £400? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom