Oasis Reunion

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
Stories that this is definitely (maybe) happening next year, for the WTSMG 30th anniversary.

Expected to do 10 nights at Wembley, instant ticket sell-outs...

Was inevitable eventually.. amazing what a divorce can do...
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10922
    If it was the original lineup then it would be something special. If it's just the brothers and a band made up of muso's they use now then I don't think it would be quite the same. I wouldn't be surprised of it sold out instantly. Liams the only real rockstar about and Oasis are popular with Millennials and  Gen Z let alone older people 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    Danny1969 said:
    If it was the original lineup then it would be something special. If it's just the brothers and a band made up of muso's they use now then I don't think it would be quite the same. I wouldn't be surprised of it sold out instantly. Liams the only real rockstar about and Oasis are popular with Millennials and  Gen Z let alone older people 
    Well you can certainly get Noel, Liam and Bonehead.  My money would be on Gem Archer joining on guitar as well - Noel doesn't play solos much these days!

The rest, mostly Liam's touring band I'd guess.
  • ALRALR Frets: 170
    I'd guess Gem on bass - Guigsy disappeared after he left, never to be heard from again. I gather Andy Bell isn't on the best of terms with Noel and is doing quite nicely back in Ride. If Bonehead is available it's really got to be him on rhythm. No chance Tony McCarrol will be there on drums, I'd say it has to be Alan White if the reunion is to be credible.

Massive Oasis/Noel fan here, but just not interested in this reunion at all. I found everything after SOTSOG to be turgid and reductive, I've enjoyed Noel's solo career and I'd be sad to think his next album will be put on hold while he does this.
    mhep mhep mhep!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1200
    ALR said:
    I'd guess Gem on bass - Guigsy disappeared after he left, never to be heard from again. I gather Andy Bell isn't on the best of terms with Noel and is doing quite nicely back in Ride. If Bonehead is available it's really got to be him on rhythm. No chance Tony McCarrol will be there on drums, I'd say it has to be Alan White if the reunion is to be credible.
    Gem will never be on bass. He is Noel's right hand man.

First thing I'll say is I'll believe it when I see it. Second thing is that I'd be very surprised as Noel's biggest mentors Weller and Marr never went back. But Noel has more ambition (especially in terms of cash) than both of them put together so it might well happen.

If it was to happen, I'd imagine it would be with Gem, Sharrock, and Russ on bass. The average punter won't give much of a shit about Bonehead, Guigs and Alan White. Could be Andy Bell on bass of course, but the rumours were always Noel and him didn't get on.

I'd be surprised and not surprised if it happened. Not really bothered either way.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    I will pay solid money if true. Oasis were always 50/50 whether they're have a bad night, but a good night was a sight to behold. 

I'd love to see White back on drums, and there's no reason not to have Bonehead and Gem both in the lineup on guitars. I don't mind about bass players if I'm honest - perhaps Gem on bass isn't a bad call

I hope Noel would slip back into guitar mode though. It's not Oasis is Noel's only playing rhythm. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1938
    Well looks like it’s true 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12803
    I’ve seen Oasis a lot, what with the dodging cups of piss, the tinnitus I got at earls court, nearly being crushed at finsbury park and my mate falling asleep at the wheel on the way back from Sheffield, I’m not sure I could survive another gig.  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    I’ve seen Oasis a lot, what with the dodging cups of piss, the tinnitus I got at earls court, nearly being crushed at finsbury park and my mate falling asleep at the wheel on the way back from Sheffield, I’m not sure I could survive another gig.  
    You’re giving me flashbacks to Glasto 2004. I was at the front for Kings of Leon and thought I was going to die that crowd was moving that much, so went to chill out at the back for Oasis. They weren’t good that day anyway, so no bother… 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8459
    munckee said:
    You’re giving me flashbacks to Glasto 2004. I was at the front for Kings of Leon and thought I was going to die that crowd was moving that much, so went to chill out at the back for Oasis. They weren’t good that day anyway, so no bother… 
    I was there, they were disappointing, and Liam was being an absolute tw@t, offering out people in the crowd.  You couldn’t pay me to go see them again. 
    TheMarlin said:
    munckee said:
    I was there, they were disappointing, and Liam was being an absolute tw@t, offering out people in the crowd.  You couldn’t pay me to go see them again. 
    Yeah - def not their best effort. Starkey's first proper show with them and there was just no energy. I suspect tempos were dead on to the records rather than the usually4-ish faster they played most things live. I saw them again in Milton Keynes the following summer and they were awesome.

I'll be going either way - they're the first reason I realised music was "a thing". I suspect thats true for a lot of people here
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1200
    I saw them twice in 2002 and they were awful. One indoor concert and one outdoor. I was bored stiff. And I was a massive fan back in the day. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4137
    I love them but can’t be arsed jumping on the ticket buying bandwagon nowadays. Hate big venues too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1332
    It’ll be full of nobheads unfortunately. I lost interest when the louts started going to their gigs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7350
    Gilly said:
    It’ll be full of nobheads unfortunately. I lost interest when the louts started going to their gigs.
    Agreed. I saw Noel recently and 10 pissed up twats were stood behind us shouting “Liam, Liam” at every gap between songs, drowning out Noel’s chat. Why did they bother to go?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 856
    If this turns out to be true, I really hope the tickets are not stupid money. 
    My son loves them at the mo so it would be nice to go to a gig we both would like. But I still have PTSD from trying and failing to get tickets for my daughter for the various super gigs of the summer (Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo etc). So many codes, and queues, and crap - easier to hack in to the Matrix. 
    edited August 26
    I'll be going either way - they're the first reason I realised music was "a thing". I suspect thats true for a lot of people here
    Certainly true for me, I remember early in 1996 hearing several songs that made music my "thing" all at once.  One of them was DLBIA, and the first two albums I bought were of course WTS and DM, I love them a ridiculous amount.

I think I'm going to have to go, I never saw Oasis live in their prime as I never had any friends who wanted to go!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5093
    I've got some Oasis albums and they did some great songs.
    I saw Beady Eye at The Roundhouse and they were really good; Liam Gallagher has probably got the most stage presence of anybody I've seen.
    Would I go and see them at an arena? No - it's a better experience to stay at home and watch it on a screen  than to pay money and invest hours into going and watching them on a screen at a venue.
    If they do a new album it might be worth a listen.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5724
    Definitely Maybe released 29 August 1994...

• mattdavis said:

ALL tickets to big stadium/arena shows are stupid money these days. Guaranteed these will be the same.
    mattdavis said:

ALL tickets to big stadium/arena shows are stupid money these days. Guaranteed these will be the same.
    Yeah £150 plus probably...