Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    darius said:
    Won’t someone think of the Tribute bands! They’re done for. 
    Nah, they'll get a massive boost from all this!!
    Was about to say... if I ever want to do my dream Oasis tribute band, it better be soon! :lol:
    I genuinely think I could go on stage and play a full Oasis tribute gig in any role. And I'd love it :)
    Oh same here - though I've always loved playing a Noel solo!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1120
    I'm absolutely bouncing off the walls with excitement here. They was my band all through childhood and my teen years.
    I grew up in Manchester as a City fan in the 90s

I had the silly haircut and a red 335 in my first band and some of my happiest memories are hugging my mates and singing our hearts out in indie clubs to Oasis.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1161
    Thankfully it wasn't just an announcement of a box set containing 6 unreleased tracks off Definitely Maybe!

Interested to see who's in the lineup, there's likely to be 3 guitars playing live (Bonehead has to play his barre chords).

Good luck to anyone getting a ticket on Saturday morning, the internet might break haha.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10922
    3 guitars in Oasis would work well, there's at least 8 on every record :)

Shame  McCarroll won't be there ... this is how Oasis should sound 

Mark Coyle would be great on FOH too, was a massive part of their sound in the earl days. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    From a business perspective hopefully it'll start the revival of young kids wanting to learn to play the guitar hence more interest in guitar lessons. Gibson guitar sales are going to go up I presume and maybe Marshall stacks will come back into fashion.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6908
    Danny1969 said:
    3 guitars in Oasis would work well, there's at least 8 on every record :)

Shame  McCarroll won't be there ... this is how Oasis should sound 

Mark Coyle would be great on FOH too, was a massive part of their sound in the earl days. 
    100% agree. Personally can’t stand White’s clippety-cloppety drumming.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6450
    .... hopefully it'll start the revival of young kids wanting to learn to play the guitar ........ Gibson guitar sales are going to go up I presume and maybe Marshall stacks will come back into fashion.
    This.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6193
    From a business perspective hopefully it'll start the revival of young kids wanting to learn to play the guitar hence more interest in guitar lessons. Gibson guitar sales are going to go up I presume and maybe Marshall stacks will come back into fashion.
    Because a bunch of old men play a load of old songs? I doubt it sadly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    They're not that old! Haha. Liam still looks cool. Well sort of.....
    They have about as much cool and street cred as Brian May. Who I completely adore but he is more likely to sell pens to pensioners than guitars to kids. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3488
    darius said:
    Won’t someone think of the Tribute bands! They’re done for. 
    Nah, they'll get a massive boost from all this!!
    Was about to say... if I ever want to do my dream Oasis tribute band, it better be soon! :lol:
    I genuinely think I could go on stage and play a full Oasis tribute gig in any role. And I'd love it :)
    I do, and they are always brilliant gigs no matter who Im with. Always sold out gigs with crazy crowds.  
  • Definitely Maybe came out when I was 14 - it was my entry into music - before that people who were into music liked Nirvana, metal, ripped jeans and being angst ridden and conflicted. But Oasis felt like a band for me and my mates - much more inclusive than the music fans before....... 

I lost interest pretty quickly and went on to explore all sorts of music - but I came back for the last two albums - Dont' believe the truth and Dig out your soul both of which I thought where pretty good. I saw them lots of times both at the start and toward the end..... they could be pretty hit and miss. 

I have a 14 year old daughter now and she largely rejects anything I play in the car - but she (and a lot of her friends) are totally into Oasis so we'll try and get tickets...... with a good line up it should be a good experience.

In this world of media trained, careerist, populist "artists" the truth is we really need Oasis 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3488
    dazzajl said:
    They have about as much cool and street cred as Brian May. Who I completely adore but he is more likely to sell pens to pensioners than guitars to kids. 
    Mate, watch any footage of any Liam gigs from last 7 years. The audience is mostly kids living the moment and idolising the same as they did 30 years ago. Liam is as cool now as he was then, and such a lovely human being. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    Oasis felt like a band for me and my mates - much more inclusive than the music fans before....... 

Great point.  That's one of the reasons why Oasis, and Britpop in general, were so huge.  It was like rock had a lesson from rave - let's all come together and have fun.

So many bands are popular to cults or cliques - Oasis were a broad church, all are welcome to some good old-fashioned rock and roll...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    dazzajl said:
    Mate, watch any footage of any Liam gigs from last 7 years. The audience is mostly kids living the moment and idolising the same as they did 30 years ago. Liam is as cool now as he was then, and such a lovely human being. 
    I’d struggle to get to the starting point that Liam was cool then. 

Oasis are a band from a very long time ago. I hope they’re brilliant and the people that go have a great time but I think the influencing days are way behind them. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13346
    I quite like the first two Oasis albums, and went to see them back in the day, but I think I'd rather attend my own funeral than see them in 2025, if only because I can imagine just how awful the crowds will be, and I don't mean size wise. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1116
     I'd rather attend my own funeral than see them in 2025, if only because I can imagine just how awful the crowds will be, and I don't mean size wise. 
    Yeah, all illegal immigrants wearing black hoodies, and carrying machetes. Arriving by stolen e-bikes, or by boat, and filming the gig on stolen mobile phones. That's 2025 for you.
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 806
    I hate the way that you are so sarcastic
    And you're not very bright
    You think that everything you've done's fantastic
    Your music's shite
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3869
    Definitely Maybe came out when I was 14 - it was my entry into music - before that people who were into music liked Nirvana, metal, ripped jeans and being angst ridden and conflicted. But Oasis felt like a band for me and my mates - much more inclusive than the music fans before....... 

I lost interest pretty quickly and went on to explore all sorts of music - but I came back for the last two albums - Dont' believe the truth and Dig out your soul both of which I thought where pretty good. I saw them lots of times both at the start and toward the end..... they could be pretty hit and miss. 

I have a 14 year old daughter now and she largely rejects anything I play in the car - but she (and a lot of her friends) are totally into Oasis so we'll try and get tickets...... with a good line up it should be a good experience.

In this world of media trained, careerist, populist "artists" the truth is we really need Oasis 
    Would reiterate the youth appeal - i can't fucking stand Oasis, but my sixteen year old is really into them. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1510
    Definitely Maybe came out when I was 14 - it was my entry into music - before that people who were into music liked Nirvana, metal, ripped jeans and being angst ridden and conflicted. But Oasis felt like a band for me and my mates - much more inclusive than the music fans before....... 

Most of my mates kind of dressed like them more or less, as did I, jeans, trainers, rain jacket or fleece jacket, but I didn't have The Beatles haircut, but I preferred listening to metal, I couldn't identify with anyone in heavy metal as I didn't look like any heavy metaller. I suppose instead of listening to shite like Savatage, Van Halen Sammy Hagar era and Megadave, I should have been listening to Pavement, Fugazi, Sonic Youth etc, who looked "normal" but played hard!