Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4148
    High Flying Birds plus Liam is not really Oasis....
    Is the band line-up confirmed? Gem and Chris Sharrock were in the last Oasis line up anyway. 
    It would be good to see Bonehead back in the mix, even as a third guitarist like he has been doing with Liam.  Bass-wise Guigsy is out, Andy Bell might be busy with Ride, so the HFB guy (Russ something) might be an obvious choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2492
    I was a bit old to be a fan (I was 30 when Definitely Maybe was released) but there’s no escaping they a ‘properly’ important band. I have to say I felt quite emotional when I saw the announcement on the news this mornng. 

Hopefully this will be great news for the guitar industry.
    Not much older than Noel. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2492

Kurtis said:
    I don't want to ask what "lad cracks" means. 
    Lads having a laugh was what I was thinking given the trend for lad mags and laddishness at the time…    Seems like a million years ago given the tedious over sensitivities of our current times!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6193
    They will make a mountain load of cash and maintain some media relevance by blaming each other for the train wreck it could well end up as. Seems like a decent plan to me. 

As long as enough people enjoy it, what’s not to like?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31528
    Right…

I’m ready.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

IMG_0393.jpeg 692.7K
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    High Flying Birds plus Liam is not really Oasis....
    If it’s Noel, Liam, Gem and Chris Sharron’s plus someone on bass and probably Mike Rowe on keys (if anyone) then those are almost all Oasis alumni. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bonehead on stage as well, at least for some dates (Manchester?). 

Guigsy won't be there and I doubt McCarroll or White will. I'd probably take Starkey over Sharrock but don't have strong feelings. 

Either way I'm keen to go. I know it's 50/50 whether it'll be incredible or meh but man when they were good they were incredible.

It's also fine that some people don't care. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 185
    edited August 27
    The big question for me is if they'll release some new music. I imagine Noel has written many songs deemed "too Oasis" over the past 15 years, which have been added to the pile. Some of their best songs were b-sides.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 839
    I'm starting an office sweepstakes: how long into the set before Dave Grohl gets introduced to play a song with them?
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 266
    I'll believe this is actually happening when they're sat together at a Citeh game.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1200
    edited August 27
    I can imagine Noel is only doing this with complete control. So it will be the HFB with Liam. He will do most if not all interviews. He will control promo. He will do the setlists etc.

There is no chance of Bonehead or any other ex band members being there. Remember the Andy Bell and Liam Twitter exchange a few months ago. Bell must have known it was happening and knew he wasn’t part of it.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13724
    There isn't much that's certain in life, but I CAN be certain I won't be getting tickets for this  :#
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1510
    LPManic said:
    There is no chance of Bonehead or any other ex band members being there. Remember the Andy Bell and Liam Twitter exchange a few months ago. Bell must have known it was happening and knew he wasn’t part of it.
    What was this now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    Won’t someone think of the Tribute bands! They’re done for. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    darius said:
    Nah, they'll get a massive boost from all this!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    I was a bit old to be a fan (I was 30 when Definitely Maybe was released) but there’s no escaping they are a ‘properly’ important band. I have to say I felt quite emotional when I saw the announcement on the news this morning. 

Hopefully this will be great news for the guitar industry.
    I was also 30 when Definitely Maybe was released, and I'm pretty sure the first time I ever heard of Oasis was when Noel was featured on the cover of The Guitar Magazine.  I don't have any of their records and I certainly won't be trying to get tickets, but I have been enjoying all the excitement in the news the last couple of days.

And maybe it will create a bit of a buzz around guitar-based music again, that would be wonderful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4485
    mattdavis said:
    If this turns out to be true, I really hope the tickets are not stupid money. 
    My son loves them at the mo so it would be nice to go to a gig we both would like. But I still have PTSD from trying and failing to get tickets for my daughter for the various super gigs of the summer (Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo etc). So many codes, and queues, and crap - easier to hack in to the Matrix. 
    Haha. Glad I'm not the only one. I feel your pain.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    darius said:
    Was about to say... if I ever want to do my dream Oasis tribute band, it better be soon! :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4317
    edited August 27
    First time I had ever seen or heard of Oasis, was when I was stood there watching them in The Lomax (Liverpool 1994). This below. Mate dragged me there. I recall people chucking stuff on stage and Liam wasn’t best pleased. I am not a fan, but it was a decent gig. Wouldn’t go to these ‘reunion’ gigs if you paid me though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upga-5j5e6U

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 377
    darius said:

Let's see, there will be approx. 1 million tickets available for the announced tour dates and approx. 20 million people that want to see them.
    Tribute bands will do fine.
    darius said:
    Was about to say... if I ever want to do my dream Oasis tribute band, it better be soon! :lol:
    I genuinely think I could go on stage and play a full Oasis tribute gig in any role. And I'd love it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom