Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1938
    Seetickets had premium tickets giving you merchandise and a special wrist band. 

I can imagine Ticketmaster being a massive fuck over though 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitariguitari Frets: 20
    Would seem to be @DefaultM ;
    Just got through for tickets at Murrayfield - REAR standing tickets now Platinum at £357 and sitting at back £397 what an absolute scam. Needless to say I'm not prepared to pay that.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9058
    Fuck it. Let’s have a Fretboard Oasis covers night, evening of the first gig :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6908
    £100, in my opinion, is that absolute outside price a show like this should cost. There will be, no doubt, huge video screens but what other production costs of note will there be for a bunch of guys who just stand there and do their thing?

Not saying one is better than the other, but if I paid through the nose to see Taylor Swift, you can at least see where that money goes.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    So people logged on to a queue at 8am thinking tickets were going to be £135 or similar, and then hours later when you get to the front it says now that same ticket is £400 because its in demand? What the fuck?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 31
    Turns out Oasis published ticket prices which put Standing tickets in most of their venues at ~£150. Thats face value. 

Oasis have allowed for Ticketmaster to sell via dynamic pricing which has those exact same £150 face value tickets listed for £350+.

The true spirit of outlaw rock n roll.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    JerkMoans said:
    That's actually rather a good idea.

Genuinely.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    That's horrific. At least when you try get an Uber at 17:00 and it says surge pricing they haven't got a monopoly on you being able to get where you want to go. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7351
    JerkMoans said:

Genuinely.
    15 Noel wannabes and a backing track ;)
    Will be noisy !
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    JerkMoans said:

Genuinely.
    Will be noisy !
    Get it on the local news. Rock the shit out of the place: get a manager, a deal, blaze across the firmament and become bigger than God.

or some shit like dat :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2733
    My band did their songs better than they did themselves....

(not got a ticket....)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    I was asleep.  Have I missed anything this morning?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    mrkb said:
    JerkMoans said:

Genuinely.
    Will be noisy !
    Oh I dunno, I know a drummer who knows his way around a few Oasis songs... ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1127
    ticketmaster checkout is a joke. There were quite a few sections still available when I got in with £239 tickets left but obviously everyone is trying to reserve the same seats and the checkout times out and says you can't reserve your chosen seats.
    Obviously it's only the really expensive seats left when the seats refresh. gave up

• randellarandella Frets: 4691
    Same here. Five odd hours in the queue, then the numbers started falling rapidly. Ooh we're in! Yeah £710 for two tickets?

Get in the bin. Absolute pisstake. 

Ah well. Genuinely hope you guys who got tickets have a mint time, but I'm not paying that. 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1751
    Mine were platinum and expected some level of hospitalit over and above what should have been a 135 quid seat ticket. Im going all in medievil legally on ticketmasters arse on this one. Absolute cunts, quite shocked. It is ticket touting basically.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1155
    JerkMoans said:
    Turns out Oasis published ticket prices which put Standing tickets in most of their venues at ~£150. Thats face value. 

Oasis have allowed for Ticketmaster to sell via dynamic pricing which has those exact same £150 face value tickets listed for £350+.

Have you seen the price of divorce lawyers lately?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:

Have you seen the price of divorce lawyers lately?

Well. I share an office with about 35 of ‘em, so yeah :expressionless: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2491
    Well, I waited a few hours in the lobby, finally got to the point of being able to buy tickets, only to be presented with a blank page saying “service unavailable” in some retro typewriter font before being returned back to the lobby. Fine, I won’t go then. All excitement lost to the stupid Ticketmaster system.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    edited August 31
    I wonder if this will lead to one of those "something has to be done about the secondary ticketing market" pushes... which never seem to lead to any changes whatsoever.
    DefaultM said:
    I'm trying to understand this platinum thing. Whenever I've seen those listed on gigs I've assumed it was some sort of package deal maybe with a drink and goody bag included or something.
    I just googled it and on the Ticketmaster site it says it's not part of a package it's just a normal ticket that they've seen is 'in demand' so they've upped the price.
    Well they're all in demand aren't they? Its been in the news all week. So have they said that a ticket is £135 but then as soon as they go on sale they're pretending they didn't realise it would be this popular and actually they're going to have to be £400? 
    It's an absolute scam.  Why should high demand justify a "dynamic" increase in the price?  If they have a face value, they should sell at face value, and once they're sold they're sold, bad luck to those who miss out. I don't know how the profits are shared, but why should Ticketmaster, or Oasis, have any entitlement to higher profits just because the thing they're selling is in demand?

It's like the opposite of those street markets where vendors hassle you and try to sell you things at crazy prices until you barter them down to some small fraction of the original price.  And they're still making a profit.