Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• swillerswiller Frets: 1751
    edited August 31
    Jason said:
    I’ve been told that there are more dates coming soon. The dates would suggest there is plenty of scope for this. 

Oasis aren’t to blame for the dynamic pricing. Blame SJM, the promoter, they have signed the deal with Ticketmaster. You have to agree to it with the contract. The promoter also gets to choose what booking fee is charged. There are fees, after all the ticket agent needs to get paid, but these can be as low as £2.50 per transaction not per ticket. 

SJM also own See Tickets, a management company and a record label (with Gary Barlow). Plus Warrington Wolves (I think). 

They aren to blame, its a terms and conditions of ticket sales with ticket master. Which is where all the tickets were sold. Oasis can reverse it and turn platinum, in demand into advertised ticket price. 
    Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    I don't blame Noel and Liam because in their place I'd probably do the same - and it's not their fault that Ticketmaster are godawful...
    Even if you've experienced being ripped off yourself and you know how it feels, you'd be okay with subjecting future fans to the same ordeal you just went through? That wouldn't be okay, and the Gallaghers have probably gone through similar before they were famous. So for them to be okay with Ticketmaster etc to do this is not forgivable in my books.

This is all assuming they're aware of what's going on of course. 
    I doubt they went through it before they were famous, this shit didn't go on at this level then, they were famous from '93/94 onwards and you either bought them from ticket sellers or ordered over the phone back then.

Physically having to buy tickets definitely stopped this level of gouging because it was mostly face to face, unless you felt like subjecting yourself to the touts in the street outside gigs, you were nowhere near as likely to be ripped off like you have been since the internet became the only way to get event tickets. 
    No I don't mean them getting ripped off just specifically on ticket sales. I meant getting ripped off or overcharged in general before they became multi millionaires. They would know how it feels for ordinary people like us. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6908
    I’m going to see Greg Koch in Birmingham soon. £15 + £1.50 booking fee. I’ll take that any day.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    I’m going to see Greg Koch in Birmingham soon. £15 + £1.50 booking fee. I’ll take that any day.

Does he do She’s Electric?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    You are always going to have an enjoyable evening if you like Koch....
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HumboldtHumboldt Frets: 55
    I decided not to get fleeced after waiting for hours. For the price of one of their so-called platinum tickets I can now pick up a nice JJ Jewel tomorrow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:

Does he do She’s Electric?
    Hope not. Even at the height of my Oasis fandom I knew that song was rubbish.

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1923
    A-queue-ass
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4148
    T Shirts for the unsuccessful… made me laugh. Might get one.

https://waterfordwhispers.shop/products/oasis-error-503-premium-wwn-t-shirt
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    edited August 31
    Some comments from Ticketmaster in this BBC story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5y8wer58x6o
    Throughout the day, hundreds of thousands of fans sat in online queues in the hope of being able to buy a first-hand view of a tour that comes 15 years after the group disbanded in an acrimonious split.

“Dynamic pricing” on Ticketmaster, where prices rise in line with demand, set some remaining tickets to around £355 plus fees - up from £135 when the sale began.

Earlier this week standing price tickets for Cardiff, London and Edinburgh were advertised as £135 plus fees. But angry fans online said they noted "in demand" pricing on Ticketmaster had increased prices to £355 plus fees.

Ticketmaster say they do not set ticket prices.

A link on the ticketing website stated, external: "Promoters and artists set ticket prices. Prices can be either fixed or market-based. Market-based tickets are labelled as 'Platinum' or 'In Demand'."

Ticketmaster confirmed that fans did not get anything else for the price increase.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) told the BBC it could not pass comment on Ticketmaster's pricing in this instance.

“We encourage anyone with concerns to get in touch with us and we’d carefully assess whether there were any grounds for action,” an ASA spokesperson said.

But they added: “Our rules (the Advertising Codes) are clear – quoted prices must not mislead.”
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4148
    In Demand pricing is an absolute piss take. Nobody on presale was given that bullshit either.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2491
    Humboldt said:
    I decided not to get fleeced after waiting for hours. For the price of one of their so-called platinum tickets I can now pick up a nice JJ Jewel tomorrow.
    @Humboldt ;It doesn't happen to be a black one with P90s, does it? I sold that a few years ago and really want it back. Good shout either way.
    How about some altered song names to lighten the mood? Names that reflect their new greedy bastard status. I'll start with Rolled With It.
    Rock N' Roll Farce.
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1158
    Dough-asis
    swiller said:
    I don't blame Noel and Liam because in their place I'd probably do the same - and it's not their fault that Ticketmaster are godawful...
    But it is their fault to allow flex pricing on tickets on their concerts and more than likely getting a heavy cut. It appears very few people got face value tickets today. If £150X75000 per gig isnt enough for em, then bollox.
    Yes I get that point - it's probably deeply delegated though.

I doubt anyone said "Noel, Liam, you want to fuck your fans over with dynamic pricing...?" and they said "yes"...
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 172
    I wasted morning queueing and refused to pay rip off prices - for £1500 - £2000 for the 4 of us we could just get a high end TV and sound system and wait till they release footage of the concert on blu-ray / Netflix etc and get a better view! 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    edited August 31
    swiller said:
    But it is their fault to allow flex pricing on tickets on their concerts and more than likely getting a heavy cut. It appears very few people got face value tickets today. If £150X75000 per gig isnt enough for em, then bollox.

I doubt anyone said "Noel, Liam, you want to fuck your fans over with dynamic pricing...?" and they said "yes"...
    No, but they must have an awareness of how things work, it's the industry they've been in for 30+ years.  No-one expects the Gallaghers to be on the phone now to Ticketmaster saying "sort this out", but they could have said to their management, at an early stage "we want fair, transparent ticket pricing".

Surely they have that power?  Ticketmaster have power of their own, but they wouldn't want to miss out on a hugely lucrative Oasis tour.  There must be negotiation of the terms.
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 536
    I just found (online) the ticket for the first time I saw them in Cardiff… seems like even more of a bargain now!

Philly_Q said:
    swiller said:

No, but they must have an awareness of how things work, it's the industry they've worked in for 30+ years.  No-one expects the Gallaghers to be on the phone now to Ticketmaster saying "sort this out", but they could have said to their management, at an early stage "we want fair, transparent ticket pricing".

Surely they have that power?  Ticketmaster have power of their own, but they wouldn't want to miss out on a hugely lucrative Oasis tour.  There must be negotiation of the terms.
    I honestly don't know as I've never negotiated a major stadium tour.  In fact, I wouldn't, I'd employ someone to do it for me, which is really my point.

If I were the promoters I'd be saying "lads, all you need to do is rehearse then turn up, leave the rest to us.." ... I doubt anyone involved in selling the tickets has spoken to either gallagher at any time.
    cm01 said:
    I just found (online) the ticket for the first time I saw them in Cardiff… seems like even more of a bargain now!

About £18.50 in today’s money - still a bargain!

• AornicAornic Frets: 664
    The Cure made an effort previously: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-cure-ticketmaster-fees-scalpers-1234698953/

The Cure likely left some money on the table when they declined to use dynamic pricing that now often accompanies high-profile arena shows, and they kept tickets non-transferable to make it harder for scalpers to sell tickets at hefty premiums. 

Along with limiting transferability to try and stop scalpers from heavily marking up tickets on the secondary market, the Cure also placed heavier restrictions on their own sale. Whereas more artists are embracing “dynamic pricing” — a strategy that modifies ticket prices based on demand and can lead to heavy price hikes on seats — The Cure kept that option off, with Smith later calling it a “greedy scam” and noting that artists have a choice on whether or not to participate in it.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom