Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    guyinlyon said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Fuck it. Let’s have a Fretboard Oasis covers night, evening of the first gig :D 

Why just one? How about Fretboard Oasis covers nights all over the country?
    For balance, we would need to invite all the TFB'ers who hate Oasis, so they can say things like...

"I'd never pay £20 for studio time to play Oasis songs..."

"I can't believe everyone is an idiot except me and people who agree with me..." etc.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 377
    It could be said that anyone dumb enough to want to see Oasis will be stupid enough to pay daft prices. 

I resent that! I'm dumb enough to want to see Oasis but not stupid enough to pay daft prices!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    guyinlyon said:
    It could be said that anyone dumb enough to want to see Oasis will be stupid enough to pay daft prices. 

I resent that! I'm dumb enough to want to see Oasis but not stupid enough to pay daft prices!
    I was going to reply that anyone who wants to drive-by the thread and call everyone in it dumb could fuck right off and get back to sniffing their own farts, so congratulations for taking the high road ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4691
    edited September 1
    It must be Sunday as the downstairs bog has given up. At least I can get on the Screwfix website in less than five hours.

Wonder if Liam's spending the day bent over the pan wondering why some arsehole's tiled over the inlet isolator. 

#flushforever
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    It must be Sunday as the downstairs bog has given up. At least I can get on the Screwfix website in less than five hours.
    I'm not sure they have dynamic pricing for flush components either ;)
  • randellarandella Frets: 4691
    randella said:
    I'm not sure they have dynamic pricing for flush components either ;)
    Haha yeah, a sudden run on cistern coupling washers - £100 mate, not my fault I just work here.
  • AornicAornic Frets: 664
    ...as I've just said over in the other thread, there are a million happy people with tickets who paid an amount they were willing to pay who are going to see Oasis next year.

Us grumpy middle-aged men in here, maybe we are wrong and the people with tickets are right?  I bet there are some broad smiles (and some proper social media bragging) going on this morning...
    Not really. The kids are quite angry about this. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oasis/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Aornic said:
    ...as I've just said over in the other thread, there are a million happy people with tickets who paid an amount they were willing to pay who are going to see Oasis next year.

Us grumpy middle-aged men in here, maybe we are wrong and the people with tickets are right?  I bet there are some broad smiles (and some proper social media bragging) going on this morning...
    Not really. The kids are quite angry about this. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oasis/
    Some are, some aren't... I've seen plenty of internet bragging as well.

Fundamentally, they DID sell out.  That's capitalism for you.
    Bonus points to Robert Smith though... worth pointing out he had none of it.
  • Tony Blair'll be proud of them!
  • At least we know the real reason that Starmer has taken down Thatcher's portrait at Number 10, the Gallaghers must have asked him if they could have it instead.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_C said:

As @ditchboy said above - whoever we blame, the money grubbing fucked over the fans.  I'm thinking rather than go see Oasis at £350 a ticket, I'll go see ten other bands instead.
    I can only imagine how good it would be for the UK music scene if everyone who got scalped by Ticketmaster did this instead of paying for Noel's divorce.

Maybe its because I'm a music nerd but I find it really sad that there's people out there who'll spend a fortune going to these "event" gigs whilst never even considering going to see up and coming artists, or even smaller touring bands. 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7351
    Phil_C said:

As @ditchboy said above - whoever we blame, the money grubbing fucked over the fans.  I'm thinking rather than go see Oasis at £350 a ticket, I'll go see ten other bands instead.
    I can only imagine how good it would be for the UK music scene if everyone who got scalped by Ticketmaster did this instead of paying for Noel's divorce.

Maybe its because I'm a music nerd but I find it really sad that there's people out there who'll spend a fortune going to these "event" gigs whilst never even considering going to see up and coming artists, or even smaller touring bands. 

I’m off to see Noasis at the Roadmender - that’ll teach em!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2784
    One thing I've noticed with (much, much smaller) gigs recently is that if you want your money back in the event of cancellation you need to take out ticket insurance (!) at checkout, so that's an extra few pounds per ticket. I can only assume Ticketmaster pull that scam, too. So, if Liam throws something at Noel halfway through the second song on night one, Noel storms off in a huff and that's that for the tour, there will be thousands of people, trying to at least keep some of the price down, who will be out of pocket for hundreds of pounds for literally nothing at all. 

At least half the tickets will have gone to corporate hospitality anyway, won't they?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/sep/01/oasis-reformation-tour-2025-nostalgia-hotels-edinburgh-festival

Stewart Lee:

But the Oasis reunion already has one unintended consequence. In Edinburgh, a Holiday Inn Express room next August for the first two nights of their Murrayfield shows will now cost you £1,300 due to anticipated demand. Edinburgh fringe performers’ and audiences’ whole month’s accommodation budget would go in a night, so by my reckoning the first two weeks of the festival just got totally fucked, Oasis singlehandedly murdering what 14 years of the Tories’ war on the arts couldn’t quite kill off. Sorted!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle-columnists/arid-41465785.html
    It seems I, too, have been soured by youth. As much as I see the effect of nostalgia at play in the millions of fans scrambling to see Oasis reform, I must admit that my own feelings about their music are quite obviously — and embarrassingly — coloured by my own childhood biases. 

I didn’t like their music, certainly, but performatively shitting on it made me feel like a brave and intelligent iconoclast, when I was just someone who had different tastes and a chip on his shoulder.

• HumboldtHumboldt Frets: 55
    beed84 said:
    Humboldt said:
    I decided not to get fleeced after waiting for hours. For the price of one of their so-called platinum tickets I can now pick up a nice JJ Jewel tomorrow.
    @Humboldt ;It doesn't happen to be a black one with P90s, does it? I sold that a few years ago and really want it back. Good shout either way.
    No, I'm afraid that it's not yours. It's a red one and I've posted a pic on a NGD thread.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/sep/01/oasis-reformation-tour-2025-nostalgia-hotels-edinburgh-festival

Stewart Lee:

But the Oasis reunion already has one unintended consequence. In Edinburgh, a Holiday Inn Express room next August for the first two nights of their Murrayfield shows will now cost you £1,300 due to anticipated demand. Edinburgh fringe performers’ and audiences’ whole month’s accommodation budget would go in a night, so by my reckoning the first two weeks of the festival just got totally fucked, Oasis singlehandedly murdering what 14 years of the Tories’ war on the arts couldn’t quite kill off. Sorted!

Oh Christ. 

I hadn't realised the Murrayfield gigs were in August. That'll be an absolute shitshow. 

• Heaton Park tickets secured via wife's best friend. Mom and dad also got presale for Cardiff so I might end up going twice.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom