Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• GillyGilly Frets: 1332
    Heaton Park tickets secured via wife's best friend. Mom and dad also got presale for Cardiff so I might end up going twice.
    Good for you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 688
    Some encouraging quotes in the BBC's reporting on this…

Also among those waiting was the government minister Lucy Powell. The leader of the House of Commons bought two tickets for Manchester in July for £350 each.

She told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Eventually [I] got through and bought a couple of tickets for more than I was expecting to pay." She said she did not "particularly like" surge pricing, but added: "It is the market and how it operates."

She added: "You've absolutely got to be transparent about that so that when people arrive after hours of waiting, they understand that the ticket is going to cost more."

[Jonathan Brown, chief executive of the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers] highlighted how surge pricing is also used for hotel bookings and travel tickets. "People are used to that shift in price," he said. "I consider it unfair when a train ticket is much higher than I'm willing to pay."

Asked why there was a spike in prices later in the day when there must have been high demand from the outset, he said he did not know. While he accepted not everything had gone perfectly, he said people "underestimated" what a big operation it was and praised the ticketing websites for dealing with the huge demand.

• randellarandella Frets: 4691
    Gilly said:
    Heaton Park tickets secured via wife's best friend. Mom and dad also got presale for Cardiff so I might end up going twice.
    Good for you 
    Aye, good man. Just enjoy it for me, have a mint time. Twice :)

Just nice that *someone* didn't get fleeced!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9058
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    JerkMoans said:

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • distresseddistressed Frets: 594
    JerkMoans said:

That screenshot should be on the humanity tombstone once we're extinct.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25375

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Parody account I assume...?
  • AornicAornic Frets: 664
    Parody account I assume...?
    Definitely.

Maybe.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interesting read thanks for the link. She interviewed the Inspiral Carpets when Noel was their roadie! That goes way back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/sep/01/oasis-ticketmaster-in-demand-standing-tickets

A swindle indeed. It's the reason these companies and artists have cracked down on ticket touts. It's not to prevent buyers getting ripped off with inflated prices post general sales. Its so they can rip off buyers DURING general sales themselves. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Finally got my new Definitely Maybe Special Edition today.  Just went for the 2CD version.

Makes for quite a fun picture...

Aornic said:
    Interesting read thanks for the link. She interviewed the Inspiral Carpets when Noel was their roadie! That goes way back. 
    Excellent article, that largely agrees with me, therefore is excellent... :grimace: 

Thanks @Creed_Clicks ;
    Finally got my new Definitely Maybe Special Edition today.  Just went for the 2CD version.

Makes for quite a fun picture...

I've been listening to this in lossless audio on Tidal and I really, really like the outtakes they've released. They've spun some magic on the production because I could see myself listening to these alternate versions for the foreseeable future. Apparently it was handled by Noel and the producer he had for his latest solo album?

The Sawmills versions of Columbia and Slide away are especially great.
    Aornic said:
    I've been listening to this in lossless audio on Tidal and I really, really like the outtakes they've released. They've spun some magic on the production because I could see myself listening to these alternate versions for the foreseeable future. Apparently it was handled by Noel and the producer he had for his latest solo album?

Oasis-mad Youtuber James Hargreaves called it the only known "lost" album of Oasis material not in the public domain yet - so for once not just a cash-in...
    Aornic said:

Oasis-mad Youtuber James Hargreaves called it the only known "lost" album of Oasis material not in the public domain yet - so for once not just a cash-in...
    Indeed. I had the 20th anniversary version and that felt chock full of additions but this is a revelation. 

Aornic said:
    Indeed. I had the 20th anniversary version and that felt chock full of additions but this is a revelation. 

Ahh yes - the "Chasing the Sun" reissues.

Such a shame they stopped at Be Here Now, I guess there just wasn't enough extra material once you hit SOTSOG.

Oasis are one of a tiny handful of bands I buy whatever they reissue... thought I bet Mrs Ed wishes it was fewer! :lol:
    Aornic said:

Ahh yes - the "Chasing the Sun" reissues.

Such a shame they stopped at Be Here Now, I guess there just wasn't enough extra material once you hit SOTSOG.

Oasis are one of a tiny handful of bands I buy whatever they reissue... thought I bet Mrs Ed wishes it was fewer! :lol:
    There was this though 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8459
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 1087
    edited September 1
    Yo momma's on the crack rock!