Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• Have 'the band' come out and said anything yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    Have 'the band' come out and said anything yet?
    They have indeed.

They said they didn't know about the dynamic pricing and left everything in the hands of the promoters.

The Beeb published an interesting article about just how much control livenation, who own ticketmaster, have over live music globally... quite scary...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crmw0l30vk0o
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5165
    edited September 5
    ^^ I read that as well, goes back to my original post on it, some very large bands in the states had to deal with issues where promoters, Ticketmaster and other sellers, plus members of their teams, were holding back tickets deliberately for resale markets to increase the gross. The bands were unaware because they never do this by themselves even back in the early days. This was just around the time dynamic pricing started.

Hope people get tickets, but not sure after my two previous experiences whether I'm gonna bother.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• I see that Springsteen also used dynamic pricing, but then came out and admitted it was a pay day.
    I see that Springsteen also used dynamic pricing, but then came out and admitted it was a pay day.
    Yeah, there was a story about him being chased by angry fans...

They couldn't catch him of course, because he was born to run...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8281

As a fan who missed out, waiting patiently for my invite :)
    You're an Oasis fan? How come you've never mentioned it?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1200
    edited September 5
    Liam allegedly making cryptic messages on Twitter about the line up.

It's clearly going to be the HFB as they are basically Noel's favourite people from the last Oasis lineup. But will Bonehead be there? I'm guessing Noel said it has to be his band and Liam said alright but Bonehead has to come along from my band as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if Bonehead wasn't involved at all.
    Hattigol said:

As a fan who missed out, waiting patiently for my invite :)
    You're an Oasis fan? How come you've never mentioned it?
    Well someone has to balance out the tits going around the forum lolling every post slagging them off you see... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    LPManic said:
    Liam allegedly making cryptic messages on Twitter about the line up.

It's clearly going to be the HFB as they are basically Noel's favourite people from the last Oasis lineup. But will Bonehead be there? I'm guessing Noel said it has to be his band and Liam said alright but Bonehead has to come along from my band as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if Bonehead wasn't involved at all.
    Alan White was posting photos of his old bass drum from the Oasis days last week...  so who knows.

Be daft not to have Bonehead on stage - even as a third guitarist like Liam used him.  You are pretty much guaranteed Gem.

So current best case is 3/5 for the DM Oasis, with 4/5 for WTSMG Oasis, and a bonus from Oasis Mk 2...
  • randellarandella Frets: 4691
    Boromedic said:
    ^^ I read that as well, goes back to my original post on it, some very large bands in the states had to deal with issues where promoters, Ticketmaster and other sellers, plus members of their teams, were holding back tickets deliberately for resale markets to increase the gross. The bands were unaware because they never do this by themselves even back in the early days. This was just around the time dynamic pricing started.

Hope people get tickets, but not sure after my two previous experiences whether I'm gonna bother.
    Nah, me either. Although given I'm 200 miles from London and likely not very near the front of the invite queue, it wasn't a difficult decision :lol:
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9058
    News reports that the Competition and Markets Authority have responded to the furore by taking a good, long look into Ticketmaster's pricing strategy...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    News reports that the Competition and Markets Authority have responded to the furore by taking a good, long look into Ticketmaster's pricing strategy...

Yes, about time too...
  • JerkMoans said:

Yes, about time too...
    The band could easily rectify the Oasis situation if they wanted to. That might really make a statement condemning Ticketmaster.

edited September 5
    Offset said:
    <hilarious meme>

oasis.jpg 164.4K
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 241
    edited September 5
    JerkMoans said:

Yes, about time too...
    The band could easily rectify the Oasis situation if they wanted to. That might really make a statement condemning Ticketmaster.

All the promoters for the tour are Live Nation affiliated; Live Nation own Ticketmaster and as the promoters will no doubt have fronted Oasis a large amount of money to make the tour happen. They'll be expecting millions in profit, but 10 nights at Wembley and all the associated infrastructure is a huge chunk of advance which I doubt either of the Bros have in cash on hand. They won't say anything too controversial because they're bought and owned.

Not really an Oasis slag there by the way - all modern tours on this level are a massive financial investment and you have to deal with investors who expect a return. Might be the label, might be promoters, might be external funding, but they're there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:

Yes, about time too...

All the promoters for the tour are Live Nation affiliated; Live Nation own Ticketmaster and as the promoters will no doubt have fronted Oasis a large amount of money to make the tour happen. They'll be expecting millions in profit, but 10 nights at Wembley and all the associated infrastructure is a huge chunk of advance which I doubt either of the Bros have in cash on hand. They won't say anything too controversial because they're bought and owned.

Not really an Oasis slag there by the way - all modern tours on this level are a massive financial investment and you have to deal with investors who expect a return. Might be the label, might be promoters, might be external funding, but they're there.
    No doubt, but you'd have thought that 150 large ones per ticket would result in a pretty healthy profit. If they didn't know and they're not happy about it it's an easy fix. If they are happy to take the pay day then come out and say it. I think people would accept that to be honest, much more so than this current attitude of 'we didn't know, but there's nothing we can do'.

JerkMoans said:

Yes, about time too...

No doubt, but you'd have thought that 150 large ones per ticket would result in a pretty healthy profit. If they didn't know and they're not happy about it it's an easy fix. If they are happy to take the pay day then come out and say it. I think people would accept that to be honest, much more so than this current attitude of 'we didn't know, but there's nothing we can do'.

But like @borntohang said - there probably isn't anything they can do except exactly what they have done - add two new gigs and sell them in such a way TM can't invoke dynamic pricing.

There is no way anyone who wants to keep their job at livenation will be saying "you know, we have made enough money, let's give some back..."

There is also no way anyone with any sense at all has signed this deal without a very hefty penalty clause for the brothers Gallagher should the gigs not get played for anything other than terminal illness - there will be a clause saying "play the gigs - or else..."
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20452
    Offset said:
    <hilarious meme>

Fisherman with big fish - Pike Esox Lucius isolated on white

Reel him in @Offset ;
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It seems Crowded House got caught out by this too. They refunded apparently.