Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 377
    edited September 6
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Liam once again proving that he’s a nice lad. Just misunderstood, I suppose.
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 1011
    Read a tweet this morning that asked Liam “what does Peggy (his mother) think of the reunion?”
    Liam replied “She’s gutted she couldn’t get a ticket”
    :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 1087
    You don't make this money in car stereos, that's for sure!
    Yo momma's on the crack rock!
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1127
    edited September 8
    Anyone else get the invite for the private ballot, for the chance to receive a code, for the chance to join a waiting room, for a chance to join a queue, for a chance to lose out on a ticket again for the two September shows?

T&C's says it's 2 tickets per person in this sale.

I've joined the ballot but I'm wondering how many codes they're going to issue for these dates
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7351
    Not had anything yet.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 287
    Nothing yet either
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5165
    Not had anything yet either, not sure how they'll work out who was unsuccessful, and I'll probably get canned because I got a presale code.

If I don't get one then I'll be honest I'm not overly arsed now after all this shite, Ticketmaster are just arseholes and less money from me in their pocket is fine by me :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1088
    wibble said:
    Anyone else get the invite for the private ballot, for the chance to receive a code, for the chance to join a waiting room, for a chance to join a queue, for a chance to lose out on a ticket again for the two September shows?

I've joined the ballot but I'm wondering how many codes they're going to issue for these dates
    I’ve had the invite, filled it out and not had the confirmation email.. 
    if I don’t, meh, I give up. Not pissing about too much just to get a ticket. 
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1116
    Offset said:
    <hilarious meme>

People have been doing this ever since they got big in the 90's. Obnoxious people with bad taste, who like to think they are better than everyone else. When you ask them what sonic perfection they listen to instead they tend to shut up very quickly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Avril Lavigne is great though, for a vampire to risk THAT much direct sunlight is always brave as well.  She must do the sunscreen trick from Blade...

I refuse to believe in other reasons why the girl simply doesn't fucking age... ;)
    She’s lovely 
  • It seems to be a fashion to hate Oasis at the moment  , they’re not really my thing but they wrote some very very good songs . As for the ticket prices , it’s a stadium tour & they seem about inline with what you’d expect to pay . Being a fan of the Rolling Stones , Aerosmith, guns n roses etc 
    they seem priced as to what I’d expect these days . The logistics of touring / putting on stadium gigs is not cheap & I heard a lot of tours only turn profit in the last week or two .

there must be demand else they wouldn’t  have to do that lottery thing to get a chance to buy a ticket  

• cruxiform said:
    Love it, by hook or by crook I’ll be there. Sharing that experience with my son who idolises Liam and Noel will be worth every penny. As said before the young ‘uns love Liam.

I was just thinking. I wonder how many guitarists (some of whom may have been playing for nearly 30 years now) learnt to play along to Oasis? 

Seen a lot of interviews with him I always bought into the perception he was a lout but he seems to be very charismatic & easygoing in a lot of interviews I’ve seen . The vogue one was good 
    wibble said:

I’ve had the invite, filled it out and not had the confirmation email.. 
    if I don’t, meh, I give up. Not pissing about too much just to get a ticket. 

I didn't get the confirmation email initially, after 15 mins I just submitted again. A confirmation turned up, whether it was from the first or second attempt I don't know
    Boromedic said:
    Not had anything yet either, not sure how they'll work out who was unsuccessful, and I'll probably get canned because I got a presale code.

If I don't get one then I'll be honest I'm not overly arsed now after all this shite, Ticketmaster are just arseholes and less money from me in their pocket is fine by me :)

according to the site it was people logged into Ticketmaster and in a queue on the Saturday and who didn't complete a purchase...

• Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 287
    edited September 8
    wibble said:
    Boromedic said:

If I don't get one then I'll be honest I'm not overly arsed now after all this shite, Ticketmaster are just arseholes and less money from me in their pocket is fine by me

according to the site it was people logged into Ticketmaster and in a queue on the Saturday and who didn't complete a purchase...

Thousands of people (like me) never got a confirmation email apparently due to Ticketmaster thinking they were a bot.

I queued for 8+ hours last week, just to get to the end and was then accused of being a bot. Kicked out and put back of the line...
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
    What’s the Story Morning Glory was the first album I ever bought and I loved Oasis at the time. I went to see what turned out to be their last Wembley gig and luckily it was raining as I must have been hit by about 8 plastic pint glasses of piss. I remember even then I wasn’t overly impressed with the live act. 

I listen to that album again yesterday and realised I’m not interested at all anymore. It would be purely nostalgia. Liam will 100% be crap too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5165
    As times gone on....... I'm now not bothered either way tbh. Hey ho....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    edited September 9
    Liam Gallagher says Oasis support band for reunion gigs is 'unfortunate':

Liam Gallagher says Oasis support band for reunion gigs is 'unfortunate' - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

"How long could the new live shows last? 2 full hours?" a fan asked the Oasis rock star.

"Good question Diana did you go to university you certainly sound like you may have frequented some sort of educational establishment," Liam said. "Answer to your highly intelligent question is we probably could drag it out for an hour," Liam said.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7351
    Philly_Q said:
    Liam Gallagher says Oasis support band for reunion gigs is 'unfortunate':

Liam Gallagher says Oasis support band for reunion gigs is 'unfortunate' - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

"How long could the new live shows last? 2 full hours?" a fan asked the Oasis rock star.

"Good question Diana did you go to university you certainly sound like you may have frequented some sort of educational establishment," Liam said. "Answer to your highly intelligent question is we probably could drag it out for an hour," Liam said.

When i saw him with John Squire recently they had Jake Bugg (aka George Formby) as support - that was also unfortunate !!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom