Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    mrkb said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Fuck it. Let’s have a Fretboard Oasis covers night, evening of the first gig :D 
    That's actually rather a good idea.

Genuinely.
    15 Noel wannabes and a backing track ;)
    Will be noisy !
    Nah, at least 75% of the idiots on here could work out the drums & bass bits from DM in 30 mins :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11012
    Brilliant idea! We should get all of us playing wonderwall and release it
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    mrkb said:
    JerkMoans said:
    That's actually rather a good idea.

Genuinely.
    15 Noel wannabes and a backing track ;)
    Will be noisy !
    Nah, at least 75% of the idiots on here could work out the drums & bass bits from DM in 30 mins :)
    I'm firmly in the 25%.  :/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 856
    JerkMoans said:
    Would be soooo up for that. My cover band are anti-oasis - maybe they won't be know :-) If you do plan anything I'd be mad fer it r kid 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13346
    I'm truly shocked to discover that a Gallagher brothers enterprise, in collaboration with Ticketmaster, is an absolute shambles and not far short of just being an outright scam. 

Shocked. Well, not that shocked. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    Philly_Q said:
    I wonder if this will lead to one of those "something has to be done about the secondary ticketing market" pushes... which never seem to lead to any changes whatsoever.
    DefaultM said:
    I'm trying to understand this platinum thing. Whenever I've seen those listed on gigs I've assumed it was some sort of package deal maybe with a drink and goody bag included or something.
    I just googled it and on the Ticketmaster site it says it's not part of a package it's just a normal ticket that they've seen is 'in demand' so they've upped the price.
    Well they're all in demand aren't they? Its been in the news all week. So have they said that a ticket is £135 but then as soon as they go on sale they're pretending they didn't realise it would be this popular and actually they're going to have to be £400? 
    It's an absolute scam.  Why should high demand justify a "dynamic" increase in the price?  If they have a face value, they should sell at face value, and once they're sold they're sold, bad luck to those who miss out. I don't know how the profits are shared, but why should Ticketmaster, or Oasis, have any entitlement to higher profits just because the thing they're selling is in demand?

It's like the opposite of those street markets where vendors hassle you and try to sell you things at crazy prices until you barter them down to some small fraction of the original price.  And they're still making a profit.
    To be honest I don’t know what to think. I’d already convinced myself I wouldn’t go because I expected that with it being in such demand the prices would be £400 a ticket.
     Then yesterday when the presale codes were already being sent out my dad told me tickets were going to be about £135, and I said to him it’s a lot but far less than I thought.
     So with this dynamic pricing tickets are being sold for what I originally expected, but it’s in such a shitty way. 
    It’s like they thought if the price is shown to be £400 from the start people will think twice, but if we put them in to a queue and then suddenly show them it’s now £400 after hours of waiting they might just say fuck it and panic buy them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1751
    DefaultM said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I wonder if this will lead to one of those "something has to be done about the secondary ticketing market" pushes... which never seem to lead to any changes whatsoever.
    DefaultM said:
    I'm trying to understand this platinum thing. Whenever I've seen those listed on gigs I've assumed it was some sort of package deal maybe with a drink and goody bag included or something.
    I just googled it and on the Ticketmaster site it says it's not part of a package it's just a normal ticket that they've seen is 'in demand' so they've upped the price.
    Well they're all in demand aren't they? Its been in the news all week. So have they said that a ticket is £135 but then as soon as they go on sale they're pretending they didn't realise it would be this popular and actually they're going to have to be £400? 
    It's an absolute scam.  Why should high demand justify a "dynamic" increase in the price?  If they have a face value, they should sell at face value, and once they're sold they're sold, bad luck to those who miss out. I don't know how the profits are shared, but why should Ticketmaster, or Oasis, have any entitlement to higher profits just because the thing they're selling is in demand?

It's like the opposite of those street markets where vendors hassle you and try to sell you things at crazy prices until you barter them down to some small fraction of the original price.  And they're still making a profit.
    To be honest I don’t know what to think. I’d already convinced myself I wouldn’t go because I expected that with it being in such demand the prices would be £400 a ticket.
     Then yesterday when the presale codes were already being sent out my dad told me tickets were going to be about £135, and I said to him it’s a lot but far less than I thought.
     So with this dynamic pricing tickets are being sold for what I originally expected, but it’s in such a shitty way. 
    It’s like they thought if the price is shown to be £400 from the start people will think twice, but if we put them in to a queue and then suddenly show them it’s now £400 after hours of waiting they might just say fuck it and panic buy them.
    I dont have a problem with the "in demand" label as its more obvious what it is, take it or leave it etc. But to label as platinum and only tickets being left with nothing on top is legally wrong and think they may get into a lot of trouble for it. It implies there is additional benefits over and above a basic ticket.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7645
    Yeah it does because there are loads of gigs I’ve heard about late and then I’ve looked and said to my wife nah there are only Platinum tickets left and I don’t want to pay over the odds for a ticket just because it includes a goody bag. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4691
    I'm truly shocked to discover that a Gallagher brothers enterprise, in collaboration with Ticketmaster, is an absolute shambles and not far short of just being an outright scam. 

Shocked. Well, not that shocked. 
    Ticketshafter are a long way *past* being an outright scam, and well into cartel territory. Not only ticketing, but you dig down and find out they own promoters and venues too. Look at that time Pearl Jam boycotted them for a world tour and ended up playing to 300 people in a car park.

The brothers Gallagher are entitled to their payday, fair enough. But I guess flogging millions of tickets at minimum 150 quid a pop in a few hours wasn't quite enough. 

Left me feeling like I've pissed away part of my Saturday at the behest of a bunch of nakedly greedy bastards. 

Still, I've fixed the leak under me sink so there's that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:
    Yeah it does because there are loads of gigs I’ve heard about late and then I’ve looked and said to my wife nah there are only Platinum tickets left and I don’t want to pay over the odds for a ticket just because it includes a goody bag. 
    well if the goody bag has a gram of chang in it, im a happy man. :) Dont think my platinum has anything on top tho.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1155
    Surely they'll just add new dates won't they? I would imagine that prices will be back to normal soon enough if they do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    How about some altered song names to lighten the mood? Names that reflect their new greedy bastard status. I'll start with Rolled With It.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    Rock and rolling-in-it Star
    Cigars and Boutique Gins
    Not-Married with a Settlement (and no Children)

Oh wait for it, best one...

Wonderwallet...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Stop Writing Your Cheque Out
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Mastercard
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    Surely they'll just add new dates won't they? I would imagine that prices will be back to normal soon enough if they do.
    Same time next weekend then, most likely?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    For another morning of swearing at ticketmaster... it's a date :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

And until they've milked everyone that's willing to pay a minimum of 135 quid I'd wager.
    For another morning of swearing at ticketmaster... it's a date :lol:
    Absolutely! Who wants to read the paper in bed when you can play a much more fun game of "will the battery in my laptop see me through the first of 38 progress bars?"
    SuperScammic.
    Wait forever.
    Stop refreshing your heart out
    Dont worry, be silly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom