Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which is the worst Led Zep track?

What's Hot
xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
edited December 2014 in Music
Following some revealing comments about D'yer Maker in another thread, I want to get this sorted.

Which in your opinion is the biggest load of arse ever recorded by Led Zep?

The competition is quite strong, as arguably there's at least one weak track per disc, some more obvious than others.

Cast your vote below, and please note that comments like " Zep are shit" or "All of them" will be ruled null and void.

My vote goes to Hot Dog off ITTOD.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hot Dog. I know they were all smacked out but why?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Can I say none if them, yes some are weaker but they all have a certain quality of musicianship or relevance to the album
    IMHO of course

• Hot Dog. I know they were all smacked out but why?

That's my favourite, due to Page being so out of control, played it on my country show ! ;)
  • Everything they did. Noisy rubbish....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Crunge is spectacularly bad, but then so is almost all of Physical Graffiti and everything after it. 

Am I banned now?

*runs away*
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Either The Crunge or The Lemon Song.

I love Hot Dog too :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Everything they did. Noisy rubbish....
    This is the equivalent of scrawling "sod the lot of 'em" on your ballot paper. 
    The Crunge is spectacularly bad, but then so is almost all of Physical Graffiti and everything after it. 

Am I banned now?

*runs away*
    Yep, the Crunge is totally unhinged. 

PG is one of my fave albums, but then one man's meat as they say...

Of course you're not banned. Feel free to post again later and stick the boot into anything you choose. It's a free country. 
    :)
  • Hot Dog......or most of In Through The Out Door.

• The Crunge is pretty much a steaming turd on an album I otherwise love, but it comes nowhere near Hot Dog with is just bollocks beyond belief.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • The Crunge? Really? God I love that track. The odd time sigs, off beat riffs ... All resolved in the chorus .., then back again in the verse. Yeah it's a challenge to listen to first time you hear it but it's full of win imo. Howevet if I ever hear Whole Lotta Love again it'll be too soon (I blame the open mic night)

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Bonzo's Montreux
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_dj;439190" said:
    Bonzo's Montreux
    I'd forgotten about that one.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• The Crunge is just awful.  I hate Trampled Under Foot too.  
  • I don't particularly like any of them but the worst ones for me were the rambling wanky ones that don't go anywhere. I admit that doesn't really narrow it down much. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    A lot of dislike for The Crunge here.

I remember an interview with Plant where he said the original plan was not to have sung vocals, but for him and Bonzo to ad lib broad Black Country accents.

What a missed opportunity. Instead of an iffy album track we'd have been talking about a surrealist masterpiece.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    is grate ayit?
  • You're all banished :P

No but seriously I agree with @monofin

I think that they have a couple of patchy albums. I found it hard to get in to House of the Holy. And Coda if you can really count that as an album. 

But overall I think they have a consistent and solid back catalogue of works. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23589
    I'm not a big fan of Misty Mountain Hop... but it only stands out because I've listened to Led Zeppelin IV so many times.  

There are probably worse tracks on Presence or Physical Graffiti but they don't spring to mind so easily.

I find every Zeppelin album has tracks I love, tracks I like and tracks I don't like.... which isn't a bad thing, there's more diversity than most hard rock bands.

• Philly_Q said:
    I'm not a big fan of Misty Mountain Hop... but it only stands out because I've listened to Led Zeppelin IV so many times.  

Awww that's one of my favourite Led Zep songs ever :( 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7829
    edited December 2014
    Led Zep are a real mixed bag to me and whilst Jimmy page has created some wonderful riffs, I have always felt his soloing to be um patchy...