Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which is the worst Led Zep track?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• I've been to a couple of conferences there... strangely not as difficult an experience as conferences at Villa Park.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16375
    edited December 2014
    At a conference, being told how the govt is taking millions out of public services and giving it to a huge US company to make a profit and deliver shoddy services. Well, that was the gist I took. Been to a few conferences at football clubs in the past when I did work around domestic abuse as they tend to give good rates to organisations like Women's Aid. Interesting looking at the framed shirts and stuff that they always have.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    I'm a huge Zep fan and have the artwork from 4 tattooed on my arm. That being said the worst song they did - hot dog.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I think Hot Dog is edging it at the moment with The Crunge a close second.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    ...most of In Through The Out Door.
    This. 

The Crunge is one of my faves - but because it's a bit mental. Don't listen to em much, now, but when I do, it's Graffiti and Presence, almost exclusively.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    hobbio said:
    I personally cannot stand The Battle Of Evermore. At all. When it comes on in the car my finger hits the skip button so quickly there's a sonic boom.
    But Sandy Denny! And Mandolin! One of a few of their songs I like because it creates its own world (immigrant song, ramble on, kashmir being others).
    Has anyone on this thread heard Coda? You could pick anything from that. Darlene? What's going on? Why the honky tonk piano?
  • ittod and the tracks from the same time on coda are the sound of a Zep steered by Percy and JPJ - so they don't really count imo. If Led Wallet and Peter Grant hadn't been "unavailable for comment" there would've been better songs to choose from.

It's been suggested (by Page) that 80/81's "back to basics" new album would have been more "hard driving" - maybe even in the nwobhm envelope. hmmmm.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23589
    It's been suggested (by Page) that 80/81's "back to basics" new album would have been more "hard driving" - maybe even in the nwobhm envelope. hmmmm.
    Sounds great, in a way, but I couldn't see Plant ever going along with that.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17878
    tFB Trader
    Apparently wearing and tearing on coda was the prototype for the punk influenced album that page wanted to make good riffs but plants contribution is pretty weak
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 774
    Here's some terrible Page guitar playing, I remember watching this on TV....

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    @guyboden

I read a piece by the interviewer/journo who was in that vid.

Apparently Pagey and Harper were up all night drinking and that clip was filmed early morning.

Also he dais the producer had ordered him to play up the rock dinosaur angle with the questions which was excruciating because he was a massive fan.

Not really anyone's finest hour then.

I do like the Jugula album though.
    Skarloey;444172" said:
    I think Hot Dog is edging it at the moment with The Crunge a close second.
    It just occurred to I've made this sound like a horse race. Were Page and Plant aware that their titles sounded like racehorse names?

Anyway a quick count reveals it is indeed that old nag of a song Hot Dog in the lead with that no hoper The Crunge following a close second in the race to the knacker's yard.
    Skarloey said:
    @guyboden

I read a piece by the interviewer/journo who was in that vid.

Apparently Pagey and Harper were up all night drinking and that clip was filmed early morning.

Also he dais the producer had ordered him to play up the rock dinosaur angle with the questions which was excruciating because he was a massive fan.

Not really anyone's finest hour then.

I do like the Jugula album though.
    Me too!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Whatever happened to Jugula?

Whatever happened to Jugula?
    Lost his job due to Government cuts, the poor bleeder. 

Skarloey said:
    Whatever happened to Jugula?
    Lost his job due to Government cuts, the poor bleeder. 
    Oh dear...