Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which is the worst Led Zep track?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I like everything to be honest. Awesome band.

The only thing I don't like is the tedious drum solo live on Moby Dick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1344
    My 5 year old said she really enjoyed the tap dancing bit in Moby Dick the other day.

We should have kept the other twin.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I find Kashmir massively overrated. Great riff to play on guitar a couple of times, but boring when stretched out for the full 47 minutes or whatever it is.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    sticker said:
    Paul_C said:
    Bucket said:
    I quite like D'yer Maker.
    +1

another +1 from me , I think if it had a different title that was not so "puntastic" then it wouldn't be so offensive to some .....

You know, I've been listening to Zep for over 20 years.  I consider them one of my favourite bands.  I must have listened to D'yer Maker hundreds of times.

Reading that post was the first time I realised that the title was some kind of pun, I just thought it was a stupid name for a reasonably enjoyable  track.

Slowly, I have now realised.  Oh god, it's terrible.  The pun, I mean, not the track.  Although now I think the track is tainted by the pun in my mind.  

-- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    edited December 2014
    Oops, double post attack!  :-O
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • I think I've known the Jamaica no she went on her own accord joke since I was about 5 so I like to think Bobby was showing a bit of Black Country humour there.

Anyway, is the time right yet to do my story about playing ten pin bowls next to Mr Plant, I normally tell it about every 3 months...if not that'll be No Quarter (ly). :ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited December 2014

I think I've known the Jamaica no she went on her own accord joke since I was about 5 so I like to think Bobby was showing a bit of Black Country humour there.

Anyway, is the time right yet to do my story about playing ten pin bowls next to Mr Plant, I normally tell it about every 3 months...if not that'll be No Quarter (ly). :ar!
    I've heard as well how he likes a game of snooker in the quieter part of his local Reilly's. 

Cue gag about a plant in the far corner.

I'll get my coat and my Led Zep box set and just sod off shall I?  
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Carouselambra

I can understand someone saying Led Zeppelin is noisy rubbish, it's just someone who doesn't 'Get It' and that's cool.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    edited December 2014
    Skarloey;440738" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

I think I've known the Jamaica no she went on her own accord joke since I was about 5 so I like to think Bobby was showing a bit of Black Country humour there.

I've heard as well how he likes a game of snooker in the quieter part of his local Reilly's. 

The bowling alley episode is legendary... I'm probably the only West Midlands resident not to have met him. I tell people I'm a Zep fan and they say: "old Robert, Bob, Percy etc. used to buy fish food from x person down the road" or "Burning down one side is a reference to when my Nan spilled her Bovril / Balti pie on him down the Wolves". 

"A city star won’t shine too far"

As a die hard Dingle I'm surprised Planty's never done a cover of that blues standard "Going Down".
  • He was too busy with his cover of Lynsey De Paul's Rock Bottom. :(
    edited December 2014
    @ErictheWeary

Stop press from the Express and Dingle.

"In view of their poor recent form, Phil Collins has promised to play a benefit gig for 'Save the Wolf' at the Moulinex Stadium. He will perform in its entirety his album 'No Jacket Required'."

No? Ok. I'll get me Kenny.
  • I'm working at the Molineux later this week, will put a few coppers in their collecting tin.
  • Skarloey;440738" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

The bowling alley episode is legendary... I'm probably the only West Midlands resident not to have met him. I tell people I'm a Zep fan and they say: "old Robert, Bob, Percy etc. used to buy fish food from x person down the road" or "Burning down one side is a reference to when my Nan spilled her Bovril / Balti pie on him down the Wolves". 

there is huge truth in this. Top of my list is my mate Andy who accompanied him on Rock'n'roll at someone's wedding. I used to know the person who made his personalised stationary (Plant's, not Andy's).
  • ^^ Pages for Plant!

I'm working at the Molineux later this week, will put a few coppers in their collecting tin.
    You're not changing the nameplate on the manager's door are you? 
  • Skarloey said:
    I'm working at the Molineux later this week, will put a few coppers in their collecting tin.

Eric's probably made the starting line-up for their next match.

• Skarloey said:

Eric's probably made the starting line-up for their next match.

you've heard of the Tipton Terrier - I'm the Dudley Dachshund.
  • This has turned into a very local thread indeed. Apologies to viewers from outside of the Central region. 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    D'yer Make'r.  

This is what Creme Brulee's "fantastic slow reggae number, Jamaican Ginger Cake" would have sounded like.