Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which is the worst Led Zep track?

What's Hot

Comments

• To bring this back on topic: My ex was a big Wolves fan, and she was a black country woman...

...although that's not really back on topic as Black Country Woman ISN'T the worst Led Zep song.

D'yer Maker's a decent enough tune, only brought down by the pun.

Can I stick a target on my back and say I hate Immigrant Song?
    It's not so much the music...although the shrieking vocal is shite - it's the lyrical content. "We come from the land of the ice and snow"...well, yes there were some very cold winters in the 70's, but you're from Wolverhampton, you tit.

"Valhalla I am comeeeeeeyeeeeyeeeyeeeeeinnnnnnng" Oh just  f*ck off!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    mudslide73;441636" said:
    This has turned into a very local thread indeed. Apologies to viewers from outside of the Central region. 
    Judging by the gags and the music in this thread we're still in the 70's... 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To bring this back on topic: My ex was a big Wolves fan, and she was a black country woman...

...although that's not really back on topic as Black Country Woman ISN'T the worst Led Zep song.

D'yer Maker's a decent enough tune, only brought down by the pun.

It's not so much the music...although the shrieking vocal is shite - it's the lyrical content. "We come from the land of the ice and snow"...well, yes there were some very cold winters in the 70's, but you're from Wolverhampton, you tit.

Can I just say that I am happy to pass on to Dave any targets or t-shirts saying "please kick me" that any Forumites may wish to send in...

• Can I stick a target on my back and say I hate Immigrant Song?

Written after visiting Iceland I believe (not everything is autobiographical you know ;-) )

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Written after visiting Iceland I believe (not everything is autobiographical you know ;-) )

Given that it's a 70's track, wasn't it known as Beejam when Planty would have been there? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Excellent - Plant in his natural environment: with Kerry Katona and Peter Andre :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."

• Can I stick a target on my back and say I hate Immigrant Song?

But it gave Jack Black such a great scene in "School of Rock"!

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Skarloey said:

Given that it's a 70's track, wasn't it known as Beejam when Planty would have been there? 
    Nah, Beejam was a different chain...that Iceland took over (no doubt using Viking pillaging tactics).

(one for the supermarket history fact fans).
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I personally cannot stand The Battle Of Evermore. At all. When it comes on in the car my finger hits the skip button so quickly there's a sonic boom.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Skarloey said:

Nah, Beejam was a different chain...that Iceland took over (no doubt using Viking pillaging tactics).

That's what I meant. 

For good measure he probably went to Presto in Halesowen before it becomes Safeway before it became... 

Hey what is it now in Halesowen? Last time I was there it probably WAS a Safeway... 
  • Skarloey said:
    Skarloey said:

That's what I meant. 

For good measure he probably went to Presto in Halesowen before it becomes Safeway before it became... 

Hey what is it now in Halesowen? Last time I was there it probably WAS a Safeway... 
    There's a fantastically named Safebury's on the Hagley Road.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Skarloey said:
    Skarloey said:

That's what I meant. 

it's a Wilko's ( or however you spell that). One of the few shops Asda ( or The Asda to us) didn't kill off in the town.
    This is getting very local again!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Skarloey said:
     D'yer Maker

No, she left on her own free will :(

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    edited December 2014
    Skarloey said:
    Skarloey said:

That's what I meant. 

it's a Wilko's ( or however you spell that). One of the few shops Asda ( or The Asda to us) didn't kill off in the town.
    local parody thread

"A city star won’t shine too far"

EricTheWeary;442030" said:
    Skarloey said:

not_the_dj said:

Skarloey said:

That's what I meant. 

Wow! I love Wilkos. Must pop in there when I go again. Maybe I'll see Robert Plant in there.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    hobbio said:
    I personally cannot stand The Battle Of Evermore. At all. When it comes on in the car my finger hits the skip button so quickly there's a sonic boom.
    Given that your user name is only one letter removed from 'hobbit', this is quite surprising! Or maybe not.

:)

Actually I can't stand Tolkien, so I should probably hate TBOE as well, although it's only mildly irritating - and that might be the mandolin.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Not sure whether I think it is the worst LZ song or whether it just happens to be the most overrated LZ song but Stairway... I don't see what all the fuss is about. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Skarloey said:
    Skarloey said:

That's what I meant. 

local parody thread

pfft, the West Midlands IS a parody thread

• http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/IMAG0058_zpsdnp5i7lo.jpg Struggling to imagine anyone is interested but this was my view at work this morning. They had the falconer later scaring pigeons. Or, rather, his falcon birds thing was.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited December 2014
    I've seen nicer views ;)

Anyway interestibg to hear they use a falconer. I spose a lot of clubs do that.

Do you mind my asking what you were doing there?