Elite: Dangerous

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27081
    Interesting. Doesn't look like it'll suit my flying style - too many hats, and the buttons are in the wrong places for me. I'm currently looking at a head tracker, because headlook is the only thing I'm missing right now.

Of course, being a Thrustmaster, I wonder if it'll suffer the same problem as the HOTAS X, namely that the stick is too sensitive and requires the use of Joystick Curves to make it more sensible.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    Dumb question about the Arena / CQC part of the game.

Does anything you do in that affect the main game? Or is it a proper standalone just for battle?

Is there still a rebuy etc? Or is it just Doom with ships?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1016
    i just had to post that after a lot of grinding i finally have the imperial cutter  :D

have yet to use it as i'm currently saving for the rebuy cost (i sort of went overboard with buying some modules for it (A  8 power plant er cough 
    :))

it's bloody awesome though 
    :D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

Hehe...I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum, I prefer small and nimble ships.

Currently grinding rep for Sirius so I can get the invitation from Marco Qwent, so I can then go and grind for Modular Terminals, so I can then grind a little bit more and get one of his level 2 overcharged power plants. I only need another 1 - 1.5MW, so thankfully I definitely won't have to go past level 3 (my little Vulture wouldn't be able to cope with the added heat anyway).

Dumb question about the Arena / CQC part of the game.

Does anything you do in that affect the main game? Or is it a proper standalone just for battle?

Is there still a rebuy etc? Or is it just Doom with ships?
    The only crossover with the main game is that any credits you earn in CQC go into your main balance; everything else is self-contained.
    <space for hire>
    OK, so my Vulture is almost completely fished-out - everything's upgraded except the hull reinforcements and armour.

I figured I had a pretty solid ship - beam and pulse lasers, upgraded distributor, plenty of shields and boosters etc.

Ended up in a fight with another CMDR in a Federal Assault Ship - one of his beam lasers had the Thermal Shock special effect. Sent me almost instantly to 160% heat; my ship basically melted from the inside and within 30 seconds all my weapons had malfunctioned, along with my drives and FSD.

If you come across a CMDR with those special weapons, just run like hell. There is literally nothing you can do to defend against them; the weapons boil you up whether you have shields up or not. FD should really do something about that.

On the other hand...I interdicted a Federal CMDR in a Fer-de-lance a bit later, and he got really cocky - "Are you serious? You really want to lose your ship?". Even though he set the police on me, he still left with about 20% of his hull and pretty much none of his pride left.

I felt pretty good about that. Didn't even get a chance to try out the shield cells I'd just bought.
    <space for hire>
  • is there any chance of setting up a tFB gang of CMDRs?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29131
    I should probably try actually playing this a bit.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I was interdicted yesterday and opened fire on what I believed to be an enemy ship.  I now have a bounty in a system. grrrr
    is there any chance of setting up a tFB gang of CMDRs?
    That'd be great, but...unless you've been playing from the beginning, following me about would only get y'all killed rather a lot. PvP's my thing, and it's kinda brutal out there ;)
    <space for hire>
    edited July 2016
    By the way, if you want to make some serious cash, head over to J G Ballard Gateway at Graill Redd for the Community Goal. I've put in about 4.5 million in bounties, and my CG bonus is currently at nearly 10 million. That will only increase - we're currently at Tier 5, and when it hits the top (Tier 8 or 10, I think), the bonus payouts are huge.

There's a High RES and a Low RES out at Graill Redd 7 when you can hunt bounties all you like. If you haven't got a fully-upgraded combat ship, The trick is to keep Report Crimes Against Me switched on, and follow the Authority ships around. When the ships they're fighting are down to about 15%, get a few shots in on them and you'll collect the bounty.

Just don't do it in Open, for two reasons:

1 - You'll end up kill-stealing from other CMDRs, and thus end up very dead.
    2 - Flying around a system where there's a combat CG in Open is suicide unless you're after some PvP action. You'll never make it from the station to the RES alive.
    <space for hire>
  • I had a great boost from the exploration CG the other week. I've got a Mk IV Cobra but it needs some serious up-armouring before I go after the big bounties.

I'm currently looking for grain. I would not have thought that it would be so scarce.
    I had a great boost from the exploration CG the other week. I've got a Mk IV Cobra but it needs some serious up-armouring before I go after the big bounties.

I'm currently looking for grain. I would not have thought that it would be so scarce.
    Maybe this would help...

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • French polishers, it's just possible you could save my life.

By the way, if anybody's tag on here is CMDR Gonoval, then...sorry for shooting up your ship earlier, but frankly...I warned you about kill-stealing ;)

I had an epic fight against an Elite NPC Python - took a good 10 minutes to finish him off, and this Mostly Harmless little brat comes along in a Cobra and nicks the kill. I asked him to apologise, he ignored me. I asked him again, ignored again. So I left him floating in space with about 38% hull...I would've given him membership to the 1% club, but his hull was so weak that one shot from my lasers was taking about 20% off it, and I wanted him to live to tell all his friends...

Anyway, if you head over to Graill Redd and sign up for the CG, all it takes is one bounty to be handed in and you get rewarded with a minimum of 600k CR. For any of you who've just started out, that'd be a great way to make a bit of quick cash :)
    <space for hire>
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    How the hell do you target in an SRV?
    My normal key mapping does not appear to work.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    digitalscream;1139785" said:
    By the way, if anybody's tag on here is CMDR Gonoval, then...sorry for shooting up your ship earlier, but frankly...I warned you about kill-stealing ;)

I had an epic fight against an Elite NPC Python - took a good 10 minutes to finish him off, and this Mostly Harmless little brat comes along in a Cobra and nicks the kill. I asked him to apologise, he ignored me. I asked him again, ignored again. So I left him floating in space with about 38% hull...I would've given him membership to the 1% club, but his hull was so weak that one shot from my lasers was taking about 20% off it, and I wanted him to live to tell all his friends...

Anyway, if you head over to Graill Redd and sign up for the CG, all it takes is one bounty to be handed in and you get rewarded with a minimum of 600k CR. For any of you who've just started out, that'd be a great way to make a bit of quick cash :)
    Might see you there tomorrow then. CMD Axe_Meister
    How the hell do you target in an SRV?
    My normal key mapping does not appear to work.
    There's a separate set of mappings in Options -> Controls :)
    <space for hire>
  • And another CG has come good for me.  I'm up C11m just for being a nosey basket.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    I'd love to play this but simply don't have the time to put in to it :-( 
    Red ones are better.