Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Forum Seediness

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuego said:

it's an odd exercise, attempting to attribute an objective measure to a totally subjective activity (like making music).

Excuse me... Mr Musician, sir.... can I have 4 kilogrammes of your finest tunes?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    VimFuego said:

it's an odd exercise, attempting to attribute an objective measure to a totally subjective activity (like making music).

Excuse me... Mr Musician, sir.... can I have 4 kilogrammes of your finest tunes?
    Get yerrrr nuuuu jaaaaattthhhh !!! 4 paaaandddd a killlooooo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Drew_fx said:
     I'm not leaving. Lee+Monquixote+Tony are going to have to permaban me and all of my IP addresses and all of the VPN's out there. Because I aint going away.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ^ (waits for RandomHandClaps to get his Photoshop skillage on the go-er)
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Haha an I'm well lost now can someone link the original offending thread,
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28345
    Lets face it, the Off topic section of any forum is basically a big bonfire that you go and stick your hands into. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrchi said:

The original thread is not relevant. What matters is that everyone takes offence at something.  No matter what. Why not decide to be offended that the original offending thread is not sufficiently publicised... 'what is the world coming to, when offending threads are hidden?' 

Then I'll disagree... and say these things are all too public... and this is not the behaviour that made Britain great. etc. etc.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I love it, I love the fact we can talk about stuff that offends, im sick of being politically correct,
    I have to be from 8am till the 8pm, and now and again I wanna say something stupid/immature offensive, if that offends someone good, it means I have challenged their morals and opened a debate,

we should all stop being so intent on not offending people and start to not give a toss, I have said this before the other day but we live a very short life, and I dont want to be on my death bed apologising for being a human.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Strat_a_tat_tat;471122" said:
    mrchi said:

The original thread is not relevant. What matters is that everyone takes offence at something.  No matter what. Why not decide to be offended that the original offending thread is not sufficiently publicised... 'what is the world coming to, when offending threads are hidden?' Then I'll disagree... and say these things are all too public... and this is not the behaviour that made Britain great. etc. etc.
    It's relevant to me, I want to read it and be entertained on my lunch break
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26763
    edited January 2015
    mrchi said:
    we should all stop being so intent on not offending people and start to not give a toss, I have said this before the other day but we live a very short life, and I dont want to be on my death bed apologising for being a human.

Indeed. Speaking as a member rather than an admin, I think the world would be a much better place if people spent more time learning to deal with their "offended sensibilities" rather than insist that other people avoid doing so.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

• mrchi said:
    Strat_a_tat_tat;471122" said:
    mrchi said:

The original thread is not relevant. What matters is that everyone takes offence at something.  No matter what. Why not decide to be offended that the original offending thread is not sufficiently publicised... 'what is the world coming to, when offending threads are hidden?' Then I'll disagree... and say these things are all too public... and this is not the behaviour that made Britain great. etc. etc.
    It's relevant to me, I want to read it and be entertained on my lunch break
    That's the spirit.... now whip yourself into a frenzy of offended-ness.  It's the latest craze.... everyone's doing it.
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Touche sir touche
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ... I think the world would be a much better place if people spent more time learning to deal with their "offended sensibilities" rather than insist that other people avoid doing so.

Absolutely.... in most cases, when I hear exclamations along the lines of 'I'm offended by that'... I reach for a ring-pull can of 'Get Over Yourself' juice.

Works in most cases... unless the recipient takes offence... because I've run out of cans of Low-Cal 'Get Over Yourself'

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Now were talking you fucking Wankers!!!!   HAVE IT.................

PILEY ON!!!!!!
  • Jayjo's post deeply offends me.

More than you can imagine.

I just can't understand why someone would put such a post up on a civilised forum.

Don't they realise that women and children could be reading this.

How would Jayjo feel if their own child was freely able to view a post that used... were... instead of we're? It's apostropheism...that's what it is

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    JAYJO said:

PILEY ON!!!!!!

I have not heard 'piley-on' since school. Well played!
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Samgb said:
    JAYJO said:

PILEY ON!!!!!!

I have not heard 'piley-on' since school. Well played!
      Thank you kind sir!
    @Strat_a_tat_tat what the hell is aapostropheism
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    mrchi said:
    @Strat_a_tat_tat what the hell is aapostropheism
    Its slightly different from additionalism, which is adding letters to someone else's text ;-)