Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    More info .. looks like Top Gear may have been axed. Two episodes have been scrapped and apparently the BBC wanted to show the last episode to make way for a new BBC series. Clarkson got angry and aimed a punch at a producer. Looks like the end ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    Top Gear were great when I were a Lad. Anyone remember William Woollard?

Oh yes. Rally Report please. Back in the days of big scary cars being driven around forests at ludicrous speeds, where Formula 1 cars were big and lovely and not the pathetic vacuum cleaners they are now, when the BTCC was actually good....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    edited March 2015
    Am i the only one who is disappointed when each time I hear the sentence that starts with "Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended from the...", it is finished with "BBC" and not "ceiling by a top"?
    No..I did like TG..but its sunk to stupidity now, JC is a total muppett and needs replacing with a new model....how about Suzi Perry.

That would make it much more enjoyable.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited March 2015
    I love it when the proles turn against their idols.

News flash fuckers: Clarkson is the same person today that you were worshipping and cock-slathering over 10 years ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I wouldn't touch her with yours
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    ^ Mmm I wonder how that suit is with stains?
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    hootsmon;553208" said:
    I don't think she's thought it through. PVC catsuit. Sitting on a hob. That's gonna sting a bit.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    Skarloey;553078" said:
    [quote="Bogwhoppit;553049"]How about Top Crufts ?

Great idea. Have Clarkson put down and get a poodle to present TG.

They share the same hairstyle after all.

[/quote]

Clarksons poodle already does present top gear
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    boogieman said:
    hootsmon;553208" said:
    I don't think she's thought it through. PVC catsuit. Sitting on a hob. That's gonna sting a bit.

Be worse if (ok when) she farts......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Drew_fx said:
    I love it when the proles turn against their idols.

News flash fuckers: Clarkson is the same person today that you were worshipping and cock-slathering over 10 years ago.
    I thought he was a cock at least twenty years ago, so don't count me in that…

I was genuinely surprised by the Brunel thing - I almost didn't watch it because of him, and he came across very differently, which actually made me detest his normal persona even more.

Top Gear is so far past its sell-by date it's probably started to leak, anyway. I never quite understood why it was so popular in the first place, and only got worse when it became the Clarkson show rather than making any pretence at being a car programme.

If it's really gone I won't remotely miss it. It might mean James May gets put to better use for a start.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    edited March 2015
    stimpsonslostson said: Time for a Top Gear overhaul! Less "entertainment" and more actual cars. How about Guy Martin as the new presenter? Top Gear in its current format is vastly more successful than the days of Quentin Wilson et al., and that's even considering that viewing figures back then were split over 4-5 channels for the vast majority.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3453
    I like James May the most of the 3 but I don't think he's found the right format yet to make a show as the only presenter.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I watched it a few weeks ago for about 20 minutes and they were basically driving like clowns in Peugeots and that was it, no point other than they thought Peugeot drivers were morons. It used to be a staple when I lived abroad, funny and some great cars but i can take it, or more usually leave it now. Prefer 5th Gear for all of its failings as it's more about cars than the presenters ego.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3099
    I watched it a few weeks ago for about 20 minutes and they were basically driving like clowns in Peugeots and that was it, no point other than they thought Peugeot drivers were morons. It used to be a staple when I lived abroad, funny and some great cars but i can take it, or more usually leave it now. Prefer 5th Gear for all of its failings as it's more about cars than the presenters ego.
    I found that episode hilarious but I guess that's just my sense of humour.

Still a big fan of Top Gear. Probably the only car show that mixes british humour and car reviews in a very entertaining way. Yes you may not get all the details like you would in Fifth Gear but, I like the banter and would love to do what they get up to. It makes the cars look more interesting too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 780
    edited March 2015
    Petition to reinstate Jeremy Clarkson here:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I don't care either way.  But the BBC services should be scrambled and I shouldn't have to pay a licence by law.

I catch up with Top Gear on Dave and the American car shows on Quest have better cars in them anyway.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24876
    edited March 2015
    The fact is peoples' car buying is never going to be influenced by the show. I know someone who recently bought a Peugeot 308 and thought the Peugeot-bashing piece was funny.

It's not been a 'consumer programme' since the William Woolard days. To be honest - the only thing worth watching on 'Watch Dog' (which IS a consumer programme) is Matt Allwright having his head kicked by an angry plumber who he caught on camera unnecessarily fitting a new ball cock to an OAP's header tank.

Call me shallow - but I'll take the entertainment over advice everytime....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    If this really is the end of Top Gear it'll be a big shame IMO. I've been a huge fan ever since the new format started in 2002 and have grown up watching Clarkson on TV. I don't get the hate, and I tend to find the people laying into him extremely tiresome.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Top Gear is popular because lots of people like it. It's not supposed to be a motoring show, it's an entertainment show with a focus on cars. 

Jesus Christ, doesn't everyone saying that it should have been axed years ago, or it should be axed now, or Clarkson shouldn't be on TV realise that the fucking world doesn't revolve around them? Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean that those who do shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it. You're all calling for censorship based upon your own personal likes and dislikes, and that's frankly disgusting.

I can't fucking stand Bono but I don't think he should be put down, or banned from recording music. Same goes for Bieber, and he's a much bigger arsehole than Clarkson ever was.

And yes, I am on day two of not smoking.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24876
    edited March 2015
    Bucket;553298" said:
    I don't get the hate, and I tend to find the people laying into him extremely tiresome.
    Undeniably there are far more deserving targets....

I read a piece he wrote in one of the tabloids (I can't remember which one - I was reading it while waiting for my breakfast at Sainsbury's) about ISIS.

The basic points he made were entirely reasonable (particularly why is the media allowing these people to name themselves a 'State' - when clearly they are actually a large and very well-funded bunch of terrorist barbarians?)

It was well written, well argued - and funny (his suggestion was that rather than using ISIS's preferred nomenclature that we label the organisation 'Men With Incredibly Small Penises' - wish would immediately render joining them less attractive).

I suspect his envelope-pushing is more about his objection to the curtailing of free-speech, as topics are deemed 'off limits' more and more.

I'm a huge fan of Bill Hicks. His humour strayed into many areas of controversy - a strong supporter of the use of drugs, vehemently pro-smoking, highly anti-American establishment, etc. He was not for the faint-hearted - but what he was, was honest about his view of the world. 'Cool' people tend to admire Hicks - but deride Clarkson for being similarly forth-right. The only difference is their political outlook.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom