Can you wear a band t-shirt without knowing the band?

What's Hot

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    edited April 2015
    I bought one of these from the US purely because of the name of the band - I did listen to a couple of tracks on youtube first though! ;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Who cares
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Paul_C said:
    I bought one of these from the US purely because of the name of the band - I did listen to a couple of tracks on youtube first though! ;)

I like that ... although you run the risk that their a KKK band .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    My wife bought me a tshirt of a band, just says 1D on it. I must be well hip as everyone points at me when I wear it
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Hellbastard are(were) an ace band
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I prefer to wear plain t-shirts, they're less attention drawing. (Even though I have pink and purple ones)
    My V key is broken
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    Music matters to me, so I would only wear the t-shirt if I like the music. Because why would I wear it if I think the music's shit?

I love my ABBA t-shirt and wear it with pride.

People who wear t-shirts of bands they haven't heard of, aren't actually interested in music.

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929

Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit.

As an aside, does anyone wear their own band t shirt? And in what context, just live, for social?

edited April 2015
    gusman2x said:

Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit

Huh? How do you figure that out - so if I go and see a band but am not wearing that same bands t- shirt (which happens quite often) I am being Elitist??
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5191
    Fretwired;579868" said:
    Paul_C said:

I like that ... although you run the risk that their a KKK band .. :-)
    Nah, Scruff is very, very left wing.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5191
    gusman2x;579916" said:
    Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit.As an aside, does anyone wear their own band t shirt? And in what context, just live, for social?
    The rule is you don't wear the shirts of the band you are seeing.

Unless you have a very rare shirt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221

Jennifer Anniston is a massive music lover. Even made a Documentary on Jeff Buckley.  

So I hear. This went unnoticed by dozens of outraged music fans back in the day as I remember. Or maybe the argument was that even if Jen is, Rachel Green wasn't, so it wasn't OK. Meta.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I'd only wear a band T if I was being paid to advertise. Same reason I don't walk down the street wearing a Sandwich Board.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't countenance the idea - I'm simply not the right shape for T shirts....
    Reverend said:
    gusman2x;579916" said:
    Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit.As an aside, does anyone wear their own band t shirt? And in what context, just live, for social?
    The rule is you don't wear the shirts of the band you are seeing.

Unless you have a very rare shirt.
    IBTINL era Bolt Thrower etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I wear car T shirts that have some Indiana 500 from 1963 on them.  I wasn't even born then.  I also own lots of FORD T shirts but have been wary of wearing them since they closed the motor plant at Eastleigh.  Not that I'm scared, more like pissed off that they do all production in Turkey now.

Mostly I wear T shirts with slogans like 'Fuck off, so I forgot, I don't care, so fuck off'

I don't really do band T shirts as I believe that bands are nothing special and still, deludedly over rate myself and also I am a bit of a musical communist.  I do sometimes want to give someone a smack that is wearing a band T shirt though, unless it's so obscure that I don't realise it's a band.  But then people who were at the Indi 500 in 1963 probably think the same of me eh.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    To me wearing a band T shirt is like saying, 'Yeah frigg my bum, I don't care whatever you want, which way do you want me?'
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    Sambostar;580345" said:
    To me wearing a band T shirt is like saying, 'Yeah frigg my bum, I don't care whatever you want, which way do you want me?'
    I'm sure whether I agree with this or not - but it really made me laugh.
    Yeah, but you have to admit, it's a sign of failure and submission.
  • gusman2x said:

Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit.

As an aside, does anyone wear their own band t shirt? And in what context, just live, for social?

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/images/early/early3.jpg But also http://vh1la-com.mtvnimages.com/metallica-mustaine_630x360.jpg?height=360&quality=1