Can you wear a band t-shirt without knowing the band?

What's Hot

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Every time I see a trendy kid wearing a band t-shirt from the likes of topman I die a little inside.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    Reverend;580009" said:
    [quote="gusman2x;579916"]Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit.As an aside, does anyone wear their own band t shirt? And in what context, just live, for social?

The rule is you don't wear the shirts of the band you are seeing.

Unless you have a very rare shirt.[/quote]

Ha, I just think that's ridiculous. It's like "I'm such a music fan, look at the cool bands I listen to when I'm not here". Same for the rare T Shirt thing.  

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    gusman2x said:

Nah, I wouldn't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest. What really does boil my piss however, is people wearing band t shirts to see gigs not by that band. Nonsense elitist shit

Huh? How do you figure that out - so if I go and see a band but am not wearing that same bands t- shirt (which happens quite often) I am being Elitist??
    Yeah, I guess that's the way I've always seen it. Sorry ;)
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    edited April 2015
    I guess band T's are a current trend that will fade away eventually.

I wouldn't personally knowingly wear a band T if I didn't like their music.

If you REALLY wanted to wear a music/band related T shirt and wanted to separate yourself from the hipsters get your own T's made and have them printed with a lyric or a song title.

That way you will get nods of approval from the real fans, but other folk wouldn't have a clue.

In 1989 I wanted a Simple Minds Street Fighting Years T Shirt but I didn't get one...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7395
    In today's 360 degree surveillance - consumer is the product - world, I think the real question is "can you wear a band t-shirt without the band knowing?"
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    I've got a Joy Division Unknown Pleasures T-Sirt becuae I like the cover of the album although I'm not a big fan of their music. (I do own the album!). Love New Order though!
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    In today's 360 degree surveillance - consumer is the product - world, I think the real question is "can you wear a band t-shirt without the band knowing?"

Frankly, if.when I'm wearing a band's shirt, it's because I like the band, I'd want the band to know, and why I'm wearing their shirt.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• 2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 472
    oh look, that's filmed at brentford dock, i'll keep my eyes peeled for the patrol
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221
    Sambostar said:
    It's like CBGB T shirts.  You ever been to LA? 
    Um...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    When in Ibiza I saw a barman wearing a Swedish House Mafia T-Shirt, and when i got back to the UK i bought one for myself as it looked rad ... i've heard one or two of their records but certainly not the whole back catalogue, i am not ashamed nor do i give a fuck what any one else thinks about my fashion sense (of which there is none of course)
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Nope, I wouldn't wear a band t-shirt of a band I didn't know/like.

I also don't wear t-shirts of places I haven't been, or sports teams I don't like.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    What I find odd is whenever I've been to a gig of a long-established rock band (name any one of them), and I'm guaranteed to see one of the usual metal meatheads strolling around with that band's T-shirt from the 1982 tour, yet it's in absolutely perfect condition. What the fuck do they do? Store them and only wheel them out to wear at specific band gigs?

• Sambostar said:
    @Sambostar, you are so right. That is nearly as sad as a bloke I saw wearing a Tower Of London t-shirt, and he'd never been to  York!

Some people are just embarrassing and bring ridicule upon themselves. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited April 2015
    Sambostar said:
    Um...
    LA, New York...whatever....I haven't got the T shirt so how should I know.  Fecking towns all the same to me.  I like North Carolina and Virginia.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Sambostar said:
    Sambostar said:
    Um...
    LA, New York...whatever....I haven't got the T shirt so how should I know.  Fecking towns all the same to me.  I like North Carolina and Virginia.
    I think you'll find that North Carolina and Virginia, like Pearl Harbour, are states. 
    Yep, I knew that much and New York is in New Jersey....ohhh doh.  Big Deal.  Fucking smart arse limey arse banditos.  And yes, for your information I couldn't pinpoint where Sheffield, Newcastle or Margate are on a map.  But who cares, anyone outside Wiltshire can be considered a potential enemy, in fact even the next village throw stones at you.  You'll never take me alive.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    New York is in New York no?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

Yeah, I thought it was in NJ.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I can see how it's confusing-they should have come up with a new name. Lazy yanks....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1