Typical GAK...returning to old ways? (wish I'd never started this....just having a rant and whoosh!)

What's Hot

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    edited May 2015
    I ve just returned from a spell away in Brighton. Whilst I was away I couldn't help popping into GAK, and found my self reliving them of a jolly nice Strymon pedal! Whilst I was there I overhear the staff discussing how sought after stuff can come in and be sold on line before they had had a chance to give it a quick test run! I can see how it can be difficult to keep track. In my experience this is a problem for many online traders, PMT have had the same issues with me, it's one of those things, it's a fast track world we live in. I have bought from GAK in store, on line and over the phone, and given the size of the store, (in my opinion quite large for a single store) I have always found them very helpful. Orders have always been fulfilled. I agree with some of the earlier posters, I would prefer to have these guys, as well as those from other traders on side and not have confrontational arguments on line.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited May 2015
    BloodEagle;650483" said:
    It is totally the trend for this forum -  aggressive and/or snide bullies and the mob mentality rule. This guy literally cannot win, so if I were him I'd sack this place off as well - why exactly would he not? Its likely just out of professional courtesy that he's not telling everyone to piss off and get a life.
    Whatever @bloodeagle, you were the same snidey winging bellend when you were Jonathan wessle(or what ever it was) , hiding behind your pc taking cheap digs when ever you could and now you have a new name, you do the same as blooodeagle this place would be a lot better without your pathetic self.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited May 2015
    Jeez - bad day at the office was it?My name was what now?? Please dont get offensive whoever you are
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    Dont play dumb same guitars, same eBay name etc,..... Bell end
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Hahahahahahaha get a room boys...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    capo4th;650711" said:
    Hahahahahahaha get a room boys...
    Only if you can be the fluffer capo :-D

Sorry but I'm getting annoyed by the recent slew of nastiness in this place... No Need.

edited May 2015
    No thanks - appreciate the time you've taken to stalk me though. Out of interest may I ask where this completely unsolicited aggession is coming from, because I really have no idea who you are?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited May 2015
    The Fretboard today - fire in the hole

Uploaded with Imgupr
  • Iamnobody;650529" said:

Also ever thought about resolving your beef off the internet?
    Yes of course. Many of us have had it out with these stores via telephone when they've taken our money for out of stock items, when advertised as being in stock
    BloodEagle;650714" said:
    No thanks - appreciate the time you've taken to stalk me though. Out of interest may I ask where this completely unsolicited aggession is coming from, because I really have no idea who you are?
    Have you finished editing yet?

Struggling to keep up with you
    Loads of stalkers on here this week
    BloodEagle;650714" said:
    Bloodeagle:Jesus give the guy a break - no wonder he didnt want to come on here with all you moaning and nitpicking tossers

Unsolicited? Again you ain't changed, the above is testament to your attitude before and after the name change,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Whatever dude, I dont care
    7 edits in 4 minutes says you do.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Youre the guy who tipped up and started crying about stuff - so who cares more, and who cannot what remember what the fuck your problem might be?
    You two got previous ?
    haha - yeah apparently so - one of us is still very upset about it
    edited May 2015
    No upset here at all, it's a forum where every can see everyone else's posts, this goon has previous, what's your favourite saying now?... Winging little bitch wasn't it, and the above clearly shows what type of classy troll you are, which is the last thing we need on here.

Anyways I don't want to derail this thread, so as you were :-D
    Mate - sort it out, sticks and stones and all that, getting all angry and upset months later about something one of us cant even really remember - we're both adults correct?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Was it a drunken late night encounter?
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 371
    I believe that any music shop employe that cares about their job enough or has any passion for, this case, gear should at least lurk around forums like this. The amount of info, good or misleading, in places like this is invaluable and I think many of us walked out of a store feeling they knew more about the gear and the music than the employe serving them. 

And then cases like these come up, quite often unfortunately, where sb get's bitten and the forum turns into a virtual court room for the shop and the rep that decides to appear and take some action. The best outcome in this case is some sort of resolution or at least some effort towards one, preferably off forum. 
    So, @Yoseph, what would be good (and I'm not assuming that you didn't try) is take it offline with the bitten customer, try to help to your abilities and post back smth like "spoke with OP and this has now been resolved" or 'spoke with manager we are trying to get the OP's refund back sooner'' etc. 
    (You've said so yourself that the time spent here defending yourself or the business wasn't very productive.) 
    And assuming that all members here are cool guys, the op will post back to confirm.

I believe everyone knows that in trading there are often issues with ordering, stocking, shipping etc. An attitude like the above shows to the community that no matter what happened there's a shop rep here who's got our back (I don't doubt you do Yoseph) and will at least make an effort to resolve disputes to the extent that his position in the company allows. 
    And that is healthier for the community, the business and the rep. 

I think it's a general problem with growing online businesses that accountability and responsibility get lost somewhere within the several processes and people involved. Buyers may unfortunately have to come to terms with this as much annoying as it may be. 
    My feeling is that for every gearhead customer a business like GAK will lose, they'll gain 100 more just from offering a deal for squire starter packs every now and then. We assume that an expensive boutique pedal brings more profit to a business but considering number of people buying them it might be that squire starter packs are more profitable.. 

Luckily in the music gear universe there are forums like that where a rep's presence makes us gearheads feel we are being looked after a bit more, and that feeling is important, specially when people shell their hard earned £300 for a boutique pedal for example..

Anyhow, apologies for the long post. Hope you stay around and that the OP gets his money back soon. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.