Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
    Guys, what is the advice for the best global settings if you're going straight from the HX Stomp in to the FX loop of your amp, bypassing the preamp? 

Also is it best to only use the preamp models on the HX Stomp, using this method? 

I've been playing with it a bit and it sounds a little muffled somehow. 

Thanks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Barnezy said:
    Guys, what is the advice for the best global settings if you're going straight from the HX Stomp in to the FX loop of your amp, bypassing the preamp? 

Also is it best to only use the preamp models on the HX Stomp, using this method? 

Thanks. 
    As in the global eq? Bypass it first, then tweak it second.
  • I tried this last night but is there a way to get from snapshot mode into stomp mode by holding or clicking the "mode" switch on the full helix. I could only get to patch edit or can i only do that if I abandon snapshots?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Barnezy said:

Thanks. 
    Which amp are you using?

I personally used the full amp models, a lot of the preamps or the non-master volume style amps lose a lot of gain and don’t sound right into a clean power amp 

I never adjusted the globals
    Barnezy said:

Thanks. 
    Which amp are you using?

I personally used the full amp models, a lot of the preamps or the non-master volume style amps lose a lot of gain and don’t sound right into a clean power amp 

I never adjusted the globals
    Using a Marshall Origin 20C. Only using at home volume so not pushing the power amp. Will try the full amps to see if that improve it. thanks

• Just a little tip for anyone using monitors at home-

stick a room reverb at the end of your chain, even if you’re already using another reverb, for a little more life coming out your speakers 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    edited February 2020
    Yup I do that with my patches, mostly because I use headphones though.
    One reverb for ‘normal’ reverb and a very short one for a bit of room ambiance.

Another tip: the default reverb settings have a pre delay of around 11-15 ms which is a very bad choice as it will smear the transients and make things sound weird.
    Either make it zero or make it 50ms or more.
  • Well I have just moved from a Mesa 50/50 into 2 w12s to a headrush 112. All of a sudden the Helix comes alive. Fenders sound like Fenders as last...

• Was messing with the Essex A30 tonight.  Not really tried it before but makes me want an AC30.

A short clip below.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Yeah, that AC30 model's pretty awesome. I've used it a lot, and I'm not totally sure what the point of the two "fawn" channel models is - if I had three AC30s that sounded like the Essex, fawn normal and fawn bright, I'd be trying to make the latter two sound more like the first!

The stock cabs are pretty good but I'm a big fan of the Ownhammer Class-a pack - they really bring it to life (for my taste anyway!), with the old broken in Alnico Silver & Blue options.
    Anyone got an opinion on the HeadRush Frfr 108? Thinking it could be a good home setup. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Barnezy said:
    Anyone got an opinion on the HeadRush Frfr 108? Thinking it could be a good home setup. 
    Not at all bad I would expect, I had an old Alto TS08 and it was pretty good the Newer Headrush one should be even better.  They are Loud though, for home use/best quality I'd go for an active studio monitor or 2
  • Cirrus said:
    Yeah, that AC30 model's pretty awesome. I've used it a lot, and I'm not totally sure what the point of the two "fawn" channel models is - if I had three AC30s that sounded like the Essex, fawn normal and fawn bright, I'd be trying to make the latter two sound more like the first!

The stock cabs are pretty good but I'm a big fan of the Ownhammer Class-a pack - they really bring it to life (for my taste anyway!), with the old broken in Alnico Silver & Blue options.
    Also my stock sound. I think it's a cracking model!
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3798
    Another Essex A30 devotee here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    For you guys that run the AC30 model, stock cabs or IR's?
    I've tried it with some nice Celestion Alnico Blue IR's but always end up prefering the AC15 model...
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3798
    M Britt IR’s for me
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    Musicwolf said:
    M Britt IR’s for me

I have three from him. the ones on his HX Stomp Preset pack but I couldn't make the rpesets work for me. Have to try the IR's with some of my presets.
  • I have the Essex 30 running into a y split which feeds the 2x12 double c12n with a 121 ribbon on the left and a 1x12 blue bell with 121 ribbon on the right. Brought together with a touch of spring reverb. Love it.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Highwatt perhaps?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25496
    I am currently listening to Sons of Apollo's new album MMXX

All the bass is Helix Native, and the guitars are a split between Helix Native and Amplitube.
    No real amps anywhere.

It sounds great.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd