What's Hot

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 1108
    JohnCordy said:
    working on an Eric patch for the Helix!
    Nice, lovely tone and great playing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 651

Smells like teen spirit - with a twist...this is just using the helix on one of my freezing and looping presets!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Saw this and thought it was interesting (Chris Buck content)

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2248
    edited March 2020
    The expression pedal broke on Helix LT, which I purchased nearly 3 years ago. I raised a Line 6 Ticket and was asked to return it to their UK repair centre. Today I received a brand new Helix LT as a replacement. Very impressive support by Line 6.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The expression pedal broke on Helix LT, which I purchased nearly 3 years ago. I raised a Line 6 Ticket and was asked to return it to their UK repair centre. Today I received a brand new Helix LT as a replacement. Very impressive support by Line 6.

Fantastic. I've been eyeing one up for quite sometime and it's thing like this that make me comfortable purchasing a (reasonably) old piece of kit. Nice piece of mind.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2248
    edited March 2020
    The expression pedal broke on Helix LT, which I purchased nearly 3 years ago. I raised a Line 6 Ticket and was asked to return it to their UK repair centre. Today I received a brand new Helix LT as a replacement. Very impressive support by Line 6.

Fantastic. I've been eyeing one up for quite sometime and it's thing like this that make me comfortable purchasing a (reasonably) old piece of kit. Nice piece of mind.

I think the issue might affect the early Helix LT models. See link below:
    https://line6.com/support/topic/44602-broken-lt-expression-pedal/

It's not a competition.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567

Good to hear that Line 6 fixed it without quibble, especially after 3 years.

I am after a separate expression pedal for my helix rack, has any one got any recommendations please? Im not going to gig it so ultimate ruggedness isn't critcal.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2465
    Heads up. My good buddy Tony Campanovo will be doing a live stream on the official Line 6 facebook page at 8pm. Go check him out. He knows all the notes and will no doubt bring the guns. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 794
    Anyone looking at buying some profiles/IRs, MBritt is currently doing 40% off with a code on his website. I got the Helix Preset pack, which includes the full IR pack 1, for just over £15. Will have a play with them tonight and report back if anyone is interested!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 233
    I love the Helix preset pack - not particular "out there" tones but really useful for my (admittedly dad rock) tastes.  I use the IRs for my one presets too they are just so usable when I find I am adjusting and EQing the stock cabs all the time.  I am going to do some comparison tests on the Helix over the next few days for a Plexiglas and different Its including MBritt and will post on sound cloud.
  • Anyone looking at buying some profiles/IRs, MBritt is currently doing 40% off with a code on his website. I got the Helix Preset pack, which includes the full IR pack 1, for just over £15. Will have a play with them tonight and report back if anyone is interested!
    I got these for my Stomp. Worth it for the Fawn AC preset alone, the best my Strat has sounded. 
  • Anyone looking at buying some profiles/IRs, MBritt is currently doing 40% off with a code on his website. I got the Helix Preset pack, which includes the full IR pack 1, for just over £15. Will have a play with them tonight and report back if anyone is interested!
    I got these for my Stomp. Worth it for the Fawn AC preset alone, the best my Strat has sounded. 
    Hi there, I’m about to look at these which ones would you recommend for the HX Stomp? 
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 469
    edited April 2020
    Anyone looking at buying some profiles/IRs, MBritt is currently doing 40% off with a code on his website. I got the Helix Preset pack, which includes the full IR pack 1, for just over £15. Will have a play with them tonight and report back if anyone is interested!
    Hi there, I’m about to look at these which ones would you recommend for the HX Stomp? 
    Think he only does one preset pack for the Stomp: https://mbritt.com/product/m-britt-hx-stomp-pack-1/

Discount code on his homepage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2020
    I finally decided to buy a Helix, for home use only, but didn't fancy the floor mounted unit due to all the stooping down to twiddle the controls so I built a frame for the rack version by adapting an Ikea chair 'Nolmyra' I even fitted tray for 'thing-a-ma-bobs'. It kind of feels like using a combo amp. Sorry about the big pictures, I'll put more effort in next time.
    Edit: I could have left longer 'legs' at the top to make room for a rack mounted amp, but chose to keep it compact, using Yamaha HS5's for power

p. 

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    That’s a pretty cool hack !
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Brilliant!
    Cheers, I did trawl the web for commercial solutions, and they do exist, but they tend to be a bit big, with an industrial studio vibe. Plus the Ikea chair cost £30

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Like that, nice work!
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 643
    Like it