Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25496
    Frank just shared his mobile number on the big Helix thread on TGP for anyone that needs to contact him. 

Wtf
    Larry Hartke did that years ago.
    And he answered it at all hours.

Even for 90% of the calls that were "Just wanted to see if you'd actually answer the phone" type things!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Frank just shared his mobile number on the big Helix thread on TGP for anyone that needs to contact him. 

Wtf
    Larry Hartke did that years ago.
    And he answered it at all hours.

Even for 90% of the calls that were "Just wanted to see if you'd actually answer the phone" type things!
    Nik at Ceriatone used to be the same but with email. Not sure if it’s still the case but you could email him at anytime and somehow he would answer you in about 10 minutes
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just seen on TGP that someone caught that Frank had replied to his post at 4.07am. He asked when he gets up and Frank said 3.45am so he can go to the gym

I genuinely thought for a while that Frank and DI were bots and couldn't understand how they had the time to keep up their social media presence with everything else they do... now I know
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Just seen on TGP that someone caught that Frank had replied to his post at 4.07am. He asked when he gets up and Frank said 3.45am so he can go to the gym

I genuinely thought for a while that Frank and DI were bots and couldn't understand how they had the time to keep up their social media presence with everything else they do... now I know
    But when does he go to bed?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Not that I'm horny...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    Not that I'm horny...
    you awake bbe?

Seriously though I think he just powers through energised by the stimulate that is his love for Helix and never before seen customer service 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I genuinely thought for a while that Frank and DI were bots and couldn't understand how they had the time to keep up their social media presence with everything else they do... now I know
    Who says I'm not a bot?
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    Who says I'm not a bot?
    EXACTLY WHAT A BOT WOULD SAY!!!!
  • I genuinely thought for a while that Frank and DI were bots and couldn't understand how they had the time to keep up their social media presence with everything else they do... now I know
    Who says I'm not a bot?
    DANGER WILL HELIXSON, DANGER DANGER!
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 233
    So I have a great selection of "classic" presets that I have put together and I am really happy with:  Plexi, AC30, Deluxe, Tweed, Twin, Matchless.  Any recommendations for another amp type to play around with for a different sound?  I'm not into really high gain and I find they sound the same (controversial).
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    chris45 said:
    So I have a great selection of "classic" presets that I have put together and I am really happy with:  Plexi, AC30, Deluxe, Tweed, Twin, Matchless.  Any recommendations for another amp type to play around with for a different sound?  I'm not into really high gain and I find they sound the same (controversial).

Supro, Trainwreck and Rt66 are my favorite Helix amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris45 said:
    What about the HiWatt or Orange amps, for some 70s rock vibes?
  • Try the Litigator and Cali Tex ch1
  • DaiBDaiB Frets: 18

Hi,

I’m thinking of getting a HX Stomp to go with my Marshall DSL1H, so that I can use the Stomp effects via 4CM, but also bypass the Marshall preamp and use the amp modelling in the Stomp if I want. However, and here’s my question, I’ve been reading that the Stomp can effectively have 2 effects loops  - not that it’s obvious from looking at it or reading the manual. Therefore is this right?  I have a Tech 21 Liverpool preamp pedal which is great and I would love to put that into a second effects loop and have the option of using choosing which loop for either the Marshall or Tech 21, or none at all and use the Stomp amp models and the power amp of the Marshall. Can it do this?

• DaiganzenDaiganzen Frets: 104
    edited January 2020
    The FX Return on the Stomp is Stereo as its also used as an alternative Stereo Output. I Use it to Send a IR Signal to My IN ears or FOH
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I have something odd with the Archetype model - I mostly love the tone, but occasionally low notes come out as flubby / browned up for lack of better term.
    Seems to appear on the default settings, it gets better if I reduce the depth setting but that also kills the tone.
    Does anyone have the same thing, and is it an artifact of the  model  or does the real Archon do this too ?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    lysander said:
    I have something odd with the Archetype model - I mostly love the tone, but occasionally low notes come out as flubby / browned up for lack of better term.
    Seems to appear on the default settings, it gets better if I reduce the depth setting but that also kills the tone.
    Does anyone have the same thing, and is it an artifact of the  model  or does the real Archon do this too ?
    Try altering the master volume?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Jetfire said:
    lysander said:
    Thanks! I need to try with more guitars but that did seem to do the trick with the one I was playing last night.
    I was able to crank the depth and gain back up with no apparent problems.
    That model sounds so good, I find it hard to play anything else for gainy tones now, there's always something missing in comparison.
  • lysander said:
    Jetfire said:
    lysander said:
    Thanks! I need to try with more guitars but that did seem to do the trick with the one I was playing last night.
    I was able to crank the depth and gain back up with no apparent problems.
    That model sounds so good, I find it hard to play anything else for gainy tones now, there's always something missing in comparison.
    The stock master volume settings on just about all of the models is too high. Most are on 10 which would cause any amp to flub out on the low end. The Archon is a really good model, no idea what a real one sounds like as Ive never played it but something about the model reminds me of an SLO but if you made one for djent. Not that the Archon is only good for that type of thing, its very versatile
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    I always struggle to get a good Plexi tone, my have to take my own advice and lower the master volumes