Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    No issues here either. FW 1.04 is due out soon, not sure what the changes are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    /Update..

Just sold mine.. Back to looking for  small portable gigable Amp..
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    How much did it sell for?
    im in Australia so probably not relevant. 
  • Wow, why'd you sell it so quick?
  • if you're not 100% convinced, it's a good time to sell as they aren't widely available yet.

I'll buy one in 2025 when they are £80 :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm new here. I have a Helix on order from GuitarGuitar and am waiting for it to come in.

This page has proven very useful.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lewisjenkinslewisjenkins Frets: 43
    edited November 2015
    I'm new here. I have a Helix on order from GuitarGuitar and am waiting for it to come in.
    I've had mine a few weeks now, and I think it's great. You've made a good move :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    edited November 2015
    Si_;865968" said:
    /Update..

Just sold mine.. Back to looking for  small portable gigable Amp..
    @Si_ Wow! How come? Anything in particular not gelling?
  • lewisjenkins, Hi. Thanks for the heads-up.

Well...the old-fashioned pedalboard hasn't had much of an outing this last decade or so. And I'd been meaning to get some sort of switching system, but had never quite gotten around to it...then I loaned my Voodoo-Vibe to a chum, Pete Orr, and my TS9 to a godson (along with my Blackface Twin, Les Paul, and a few other pedals) and before you know it I was down to an old X3 live into a Dickinson 2 x 12 for the Wedding Band...and the lack of decent kit was getting on my nerves really. You can't take a Marshall half-stack out on a Wedding Band gig...well, not when you are in your 50's and can't afford a guitar tech or roadie. So it was the Helix or the Axe FX. I hope I've made a good choice.
  • lewisjenkins, Hi. Thanks for the heads-up.

Well...the old-fashioned pedalboard hasn't had much of an outing this last decade or so. And I'd been meaning to get some sort of switching system, but had never quite gotten around to it...then I loaned my Voodoo-Vibe to a chum, Pete Orr, and my TS9 to a godson (along with my Blackface Twin, Les Paul, and a few other pedals) and before you know it I was down to an old X3 live into a Dickinson 2 x 12 for the Wedding Band...and the lack of decent kit was getting on my nerves really. You can't take a Marshall half-stack out on a Wedding Band gig...well, not when you are in your 50's and can't afford a guitar tech or roadie. So it was the Helix or the Axe FX. I hope I've made a good choice.
    i reckon a Helix is perfect for a wedding band, i use a BOSS GT5 for mine, albeit through an amp. If i wasn't so cheap I could go for a Helix or AX8.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    edited November 2015
    Just about to run through Paul Hindmarsh's patches for his unit, there were a couple of standout ones when he demo'd them in Soho so I'll see if I can figure out what they were, and if there's much difference in quality between his and the ones I'd already created. If you send him a message via FB he'll forward you the files:

FWIW, I'm still very happy with my unit. Occassionally a stray GAS thought runs through my head as I really only use one or two amp models (Essex A15, Park P75 Brt), but then all I have to do is go and assign any parameter(s) to a switch and it suddenly justifies itself all over again. I guess this is like the MIDI revolution must have been, except I've never gone down that route before! Either way, this is exactly how I wanted to be able to configure a multi-fx unit. :)

*edit* Actually, you know what, it's good enough that I can't see myself replacing it for anything less than a Helix v2, or maybe an FX-only version if I went back to "proper" amps.
  • Moltisanti;868586" said:
    johnny9fingers said:

lewisjenkins, Hi. Thanks for the heads-up.

i reckon a Helix is perfect for a wedding band, i use a BOSS GT5 for mine, albeit through an amp. If i wasn't so cheap I could go for a Helix or AX8.
    I'll keep the Dickinson 2 X 12 for stage monitoring. The "Beat It" solo tends to need a certain amount of proximity effect. And the guv'nor of the Wedding Band keeps it in the set despite my complaints. It is still the one thing I know that is so bleeding easy to screw up right royally: and every single person in the audience always knows it note for-note. Dammit. :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like I'm not getting one till the new year. You bloody lot won't stop buying them and we can't make enough! Glad people are enjoying it though. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a very quick demo of the OwnHammer IR's this evening... I'm bloody impressed!!!! I'm not sure exactly what's different but it suddenly changed from sounding like a studio recording back to sounding like my Mesa in the room did.... this needs further investigation.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    The sound through a pair of active wedge monitors is rather huge indeed
  • I've been considering the possibility of the Helix replacing my pedalboard over the last day or two. The huge flexibility in assigning switches to do pretty much anything seems hugely appealing compared to the tapdance of a normal pedalboard. The added bonus of being able to record with it simply is also a bonus. 

I would like to know about the fx though. I currently use an H9 max for all my mods delay and reverbs and I love it. I've been looking for a list of FX and Parameters for each to give me an idea of how deep the editing goes for the various delays and verbs etc but they're not included in the manual. 

Perhaps it's a bit of an ask but would anyone who owns a Helix be able to list or take a photo of the various fx on screen to show the parameters available to edit?

Specifically i'm most interested in the tape delay, the memory man delay, the 2 tremolos and the hall, spring and plate reverbs.

Huge thank you to anyone willing to share this info.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17889
    tFB Trader
    Presumably you can download the manual from the L6 site?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Whereabouts in the uk are you erik ?
  • I can take a look at it tomorrow eve/Sat @hansomerik