It's even worse in real life.... Bleugh.....

What's Hot
johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243

A whole wall of them. It looks like Gibson have made a fake run of their own guitars with hilarious results
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    It does look a tad cheap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    It's not THAT bad considering the price reductions now
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HysterHyster Frets: 208
    It is amazing that they thought that logo would be a good idea. Spectacular fail.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    thomasross20;668415" said:
    It's not THAT bad considering the price reductions now
    Yes it is it looks terrible.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    That close-up also makes it obvious how awkward-looking the nut is - the square corners on the ends would really annoy me - and the weird string spacing with the Es miles from the edge of the fingerboard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Good point about the nut!!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited June 2015
    It's a decal and a zero nut guys, if it played and sounded horrible I'd understand but they don't. come on now, maybe some more guitar playing and less flaming on guitars you don't even intend to buy?

It's not like they murdered a child, they slightly adapted some aspects to celebrate 100 years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    mrchi said:
    It's a decal and a zero nut guys, if it played and sounded horrible I'd understand but they don't.
    With a neck that wide, narrow string spacing and a nut with sticky-up square corners, it *will* play horrible. I can tell you that without ever having touched one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    @ICBM Sorry buddy that's opinion "on paper" is might sound like they play horrible, but in reality actually playing one they don't, the neck is different but not horrible, the Square corners make literay no difference, I have played several and it was a Les paul sound with a Les paul feel.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2015
    mrchi said:
    @ICBM Sorry buddy that's opinion "on paper" is might sound like they play horrible, but in reality actually playing one they don't, the neck is different but not horrible, the Square corners make literay no difference, I have played several and it was a Les paul sound with a Les paul feel.

Sorry, you're wrong - I hate wide necks on any guitar, regardless of string spacing, and every guitar I've ever owned with even slightly square nut corners I've had to take a file to. It *will* play horrible, for me. Period.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Whether it applies to anyone else is a completely different matter.

6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2015
    But you first stated it as a general fact on a public forum not stating it as a personal fact,

I quote from you: it *will* play horrible. I can tell you that without ever having touched one.

That's not personal fact that's an opinion on your own experience, come on tbuddy you are pretty much the wisest person on here we all respect your knowledge and I for one have learned a lot from you, but now and again it's OK to be wrong. :-)

The new Gibson's are selling, so they must be liked, I have rarely heard from anyone who bought one complaining about the neck, decal or zero fret.

In fact my friend has an new Jr and he lives the zero for its adjustability and really gets on with the neck.... So do I.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 691
    edited June 2015
    No, it makes perfect sense tbh. It's Les Paul's signature at the point of the anniversary. That it looks a bit rubbish is a matter of personal taste really. Personally I couldn't look at it on a guitar I owned, particularly as the original signature is iconic.
    Hyster said:
    It is amazing that they thought that logo would be a good idea. Spectacular fail.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrchi said:
    But you first stated it as a general fact on a public forum not stating it as a personal fact,

I quote from you: it *will* play horrible. I can tell you that without ever having touched one.

That's not personal fact that's an opinion on your own experience, come on tbuddy you are pretty much the wisest person on here we all respect your knowledge and I for one have learned a lot from you, but now and again it's OK to be wrong. :-)

The new Gibson's are selling, so they must be liked, I have rarely heard from anyone who bought one complaining about the neck, decal or zero fret.

Possibly because people who know they don't like these things won't buy one in the first place.

Do I have to go around stating that every single opinion I post anywhere is just an opinion, or are people intelligent enough to realise this is an internet forum and almost everything we read here is an opinion? I prefer to save the bother and only state something is a fact when it's necessary to be more definite.

It's not a zero fret by the way - it's an adjustable nut.

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7203
    Its a Gibson.

So it will be what we all expect from them.

Simple as that.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    When you make a generalised statement like that yes you should possible prefix it with "imho"

OK adjustable nut, not zero nut, is that another point to griffindoor?........ Respect.... Starting.... To.. Wain....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Is it that time of the month again?

Are we all going to argue over opinion?

Come on people its a Gibson.

It'll be fine or grim, or whatever you feel about their products.

Go out and enjoy the sun (its sunny here, so I presume it will be over most of the UK)

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    Pissing down in the Midlands, Jef...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @stonevibe it's tipping it down over here and has been all day , never a good basis for a debate :-D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry guys...

It pretty sunny down here in the South West.
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    Quite sunny in manchester
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.