It's even worse in real life.... Bleugh.....

What's Hot

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Muggy as sin in Carlisle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    If someone scrawled grafitti like that on any of my guitars, I couldn't be held responsible for my actions.
    Thank God I prefer Fenders.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I suppose if you live to be 100, and you can still sit up , and hold a pen, that's what your handwriting would look like..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Overcast here in London.

Mind you it could be sunny with a clear sky and a gentle cooling breeze and that logo would still look regrettable and one of a number of potential reasons not to buy....

....IMHO.

:P
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2177
    I still stand by the fact that all this could have been avoided with either a fancy certificate of authenticity or say a swish leather anniversary strap.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    @felineguitars should develop a conversion kit. Something that irons on and makes them look like real Les Paul.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 468
    I can't felt but feel that if the guitar was at a (non-US) Fender price then maybe less people would care - is there any shame in having the Squier logo on the headstock instead of Fender? Likewise for Epiphone. 

If you spend that kind of money on a guitar then you're probably entitled to think the logo looks a bit crap. I don't think I'd ever spend more than £500 on a guitar so it's irrelevant for me personally.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    usedtobe;668619" said:
    I suppose if you live to be 100, and you can still sit up , and hold a pen, that's what your handwriting would look like..
    The oddest bit about it all, he didn't live until he was 100.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    edited June 2015
    mrchi said:
    When you make a generalised statement like that yes you should possible prefix it with "imho"
    I have to say I always find that patronising - at least with the 'h' in it.

I do sometimes say 'in my opinion' if it isn't entirely clear. But I assumed you would take it as read that it was...

mrchi said:
    OK adjustable nut, not zero nut, is that another point to griffindoor?........ Respect.... Starting.... To.. Wain....
    Try not to be be a dick. Your description was factually wrong. (Not an opinion ;).) A zero fret is an actual fret which is fitted just in front of the nut - some makers (eg Gretsch) do this.

No offense intended :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Come on ladies..... ;))
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    ICBM;668694" said:
    mrchi said:

When you make a generalised statement like that yes you should possible prefix it with "imho"

I have to say I always find that patronising - at least with the 'h' in it.

I do sometimes say 'in my opinion' if it isn't entirely clear. But I assumed you would take it as read that it was...

mrchi said:OK adjustable nut, not zero nut, is that another point to griffindoor?........ Respect.... Starting.... To.. Wain....

Try not to be be a dick. Your description was factually wrong. (Not an opinion ;).) A zero fret is an actual fret which is fitted just in front of the nut - some makers (eg Gretsch) do this.

http://www.gretschguitars.com/themes/support/images/definitions/zero_fret.jpg

No offense intended :).
    I called it a zero fret once by mistake,

Try not to be a dick? Your comments came over arrogant, simple as, I'm not sure what's going on recently with you dude but some of your posts have started to come across that way, that's not the ICBM We know.

Anyways let's leave it there, really no point in carrying this on.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    No problem. I think you were taking some of my posts too personally. This is an internet forum, it's for posting opinions, which is what I do and always have done - you chose to take it that I had implied something was a fact, which I didn't. It's not about scoring points as you seem to think - I am just a bit of a pedant :).

I think you're too touchy about these Gibsons - you clearly like them, which is fine. Other people have negative opinions about them, which is fine too. I happen to like Rickenbacker necks - other people find them unplayable. I'm more than happy to tell anyone thinking of buying one that they'd better be prepared for that possibility before they spend any money.

I did genuinely mean no offence was intended.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2177
    @underdog that's what I've found ever so slightly sinister about it all. Seems premeditated, I mean we know les bless him wasn't going to live till he was 150. But still, to think some slimey gibson guy asked him for his signature with 100 after it. Hmm I blame Henry. He's the new monty burns
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • KuroblackKuroblack Frets: 78
    mrchi said:
    It's a decal and a zero nut guys, if it played and sounded horrible I'd understand but they don't. come on now, maybe some more guitar playing and less flaming on guitars you don't even intend to buy?

It's not like they murdered a child, they slightly adapted some aspects to celebrate 100 years.
    @mrchi careful, coming on here with opinions that er, make sense and seem quite reasonable

Seriously though, I've never seen so much hate on here, I do wish some posters would give it a rest for heaven's sake. 

If you don't like it, don't bloody buy one - FFS hardly rocket science

Can you imagine how much negativity there'd be on here if everyone posted about guitars they'd never buy because they thought they were shit? I like to think everyone is entitled to their own view, and that the differences are respected and even keep things interesting, but maybe not...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited June 2015
    ICBM;668765" said:
    No problem. I think you were taking some of my posts too personally. This is an internet forum, it's for posting opinions, which is what I do and always have done - you chose to take it that I had implied something was a fact, which I didn't. It's not about scoring points as you seem to think - I am just a bit of a pedant :).

I think you're too touchy about these Gibsons - you clearly like them, which is fine. Ortho er people have negative opinions about them, which is fine too. I happen to like Rickenbacker necks - other people find them unplayable. I'm more than happy to tell anyone thinking of buying one that they'd better be prepared for that possibility before they spend any money.

I did genuinely mean no offence was intended.
    Not really touchy about them, tbh, (touchy about being called a dick tho) just think if your gonna flame best to do it with hard evidence :-) not aimed at you just generally, all good tho bro, no hate or malice intended toward you.

@Kuroblack, wise words my friend, :-D
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    edited June 2015
    I don't mind if someone calls these a "zero-fret adjustable nut", or even ends up calling them a zero fret....  that is what gibson are calling them in all the literature or Z-FAN for short. I guess we just have to put up with the fact some will start using the term incorrectly when a major manufacturer does  (leo fenders trem??).   i will blame Gibson for getting it wrong, rather than the customers who use their terminology

mind you, they also say it gives more sustain and a brighter more consistent tone - which doesn't match my experience of solid brass nuts.  although I have to say my main concern is the systems reliance on two tiny grub screws.... doesn't matter what the nut is made from when any tonal influence is filtered through those two little screws.   its certainly not comparable to a solidly fitted fret the way they are claiming

none of that means it won't work... but it is a sub-optimal system comapred to a solid nut,  and it does lack elegance.   those are facts  ;)

the question you have to ask is whether those compromises work for you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    FWIW, BTW, IMHO I don't mind it and if someone wants to give me one, I'll happily take it TBH.

But Fenders are better anyway. That is a FACT and not an OPINION. They are. And my dad is better than your dad too. FACT!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    this is the fretboard right and not tgp?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited June 2015
    underdog said:
    usedtobe;668619" said:
    The oddest bit about it all, he didn't live until he was 100.

Yeah.. You're right - it is odd! 

Ah... He WOULD have been 100, IF he'd lived.. Hmmmm.... Just gets more odd, the more I think about it. I'm going to stop, now..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.