The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    The new high tackle rule is one thing, but something needs to be done to reduce player attrition. Too many players are spending too long out through injury. We need to get back to rugby as a set of skills and not as some sort of macho smashing-into-each-other crap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    Manu out for the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/01/04/manu-tuilagi-ruled-rest-season-knee-injury-end-six-nations-lions/

Can't help thinking this might be the beginning of the end.
    He certainly won't play International again, I pretty much called that 18 months ago when he was injured / ruled out for bad behaviour. I don't think England will miss him but Leicester probably will.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    edited January 2017
    Billy V may be back for the first 6 Nations game

Re Manu, Cockers was dead set against the £500k deal; Simon Cohen and Glynn were the architects of it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24376
    Liam Williams has signed for Sarries.

There seem to be an awful lot of Welsh internationals relying on the wildcard slots.
    Geordie Haka

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Steyn red card in the Leinster Montpellier game. Late, high tackle. Very harsh. By the (new rule) book probably a red, but jaysus, officiating these high tackles is a mess now. Sexton was stooping to pass, Steyn caught him in the neck. It's ruined he contest. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    Calum Clark leaving Saints for Sarries.
    Ethan Waller leaving Saints too - going to the Warriors.

Not really a surprise - he's always 2nd choice and he's not getting enough game time.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Warriors.  Wtf?  Wish I'd went down now 
    What the hell is going on at Welford Road? I didn't see the game, but I'm beginning to wonder if they sacked the wrong man.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    cj73 said:
    Warriors.  Wtf?  Wish I'd went down now 
    Hell of a result and well done Glasgow. I was watching Munsters hard fought win over Racing and they were cutting to the Glasgow tries every so often, 35 minutes in and Glasgow have the bonus point. Hard to imagine a Tigers team didn't register a score twice in the pool stages.
    The WWF have announced a new fund for endangered tigers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Munster have confirmed that Hanrahan is moving back in the summer. He'll have a tough time usurping blyenthaal who's been fantastic this season.
    Arse.
    Arse.
    No, he got sacked.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well teams are announced, Wales predictable as usual with Biggar picked as a safe option. Wonder if Howley knows we have to score tries this year to get bonus points! 
    And why would any team put Roberts on the bench, start him or lose him. His game is not applicable to what Wales are trying to do? So why the f***pick him. We have two full backs on pitch, one of the wingers can play center, so pick someone with serious speed to score bloody tries! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I may be biased (okay, I am biased) but I can't see how Thomas Young hasn't even made the 23.
  • scrumhalf said:
    I may be biased (okay, I am biased) but I can't see how Thomas Young hasn't even made the 23.
    It's Howley lets play safe routine again. Why isn't Sam Davies starting instead of Biggar, this is what we do, wait till last minute and hope for the best. But with Bonus points up for first time we have to not only win we have to go out and score try's and best team to start that against is to the Italians, no offence it ain't gonna be easy but if we cannot put them away, then we have no right being in six nations ourselves. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    We will be challenging for the wooden spoon this year.  I fear we might even struggle against Scotland. And worse than all that with Howley at the helm we will probably lose whilst playing unexciting predictable rugby. At least in previous lean spells we often lost in style.