• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2586
    Farrell off to Racing then. Doesn’t seem like a great fit tbh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    elstoof said:

every cloud
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 190
    Ok, Farrell is out of the running for Eng, as expected. Who go you play as the starting fly half? Ford and both Smiths playing well. Safety in experience, or start looking to the future?
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 559
    TJT1979 said:
    Ok, Farrell is out of the running for Eng, as expected. Who go you play as the starting fly half? Ford and both Smiths playing well. Safety in experience, or start looking to the future?
    Ford for me. I'm not convinced Smith is the future.IMHO the Premiership flatters him to some degree.He's not exactly inexperienced now and still doesn't look that great at international level.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    I'd start Smith against Italy on the basis that the theoretically weakest team in the competition should allow him to show his range of skills. 
    scrumhalf said:
    I'd start Smith against Italy on the basis that the theoretically weakest team in the competition should allow him to show his range of skills. 

opposition makes  a difference and who the 10's playing with inside and outside - tho now the RWC is behind us,  its time to "experiment" I think...........or at least re-evaluate some options
  • tbmtbm Frets: 585
    elstoof said:

He had the bang of a 1 club man off him, so it's somewhat surprising. It's like if POM left Munster. 

Stuart Lancaster is at Racing. Could be exactly the coach Farrell needs. Build his confidence, teach him to tackle...

I dunno, he gets an awful lot of shite, but I like Farrell.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2863
    scrumhalf said:
    I’d have been tempted to go the other way, use him against the “standard” teams who all play to a menu, and he Mike break them up a bit,  Use Ford against Italy to bring the others intomplay
    Ollie Lawrence, Oscar Beard and Cowan-Dickie out of Eng training camp with injuries. 

Replaced by Ojomoh, Blamire and Muir. 

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    scrumhalf said:
    Which Smith?

One is playing like a 10 year international and the other is Marcus.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'd like to see Fin get some game-time this tournament. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TJT1979 said:
    I'd like to see Fin get some game-time this tournament. 
    I think he will - even if only to stop Scotland getting him.

• Gonna be a loose competition this year. France have a few injuries and no DuPont, Ireland without Sexton should be most consistent. England without Farrell should be better and could be dark horses. Scotland are the most intact side with least disruptions. Haven’t heard much about Italy, but possible to be 4th if they get a good run. Wales, to be honest I think we need to write the next two seasons off, scrap the cap requirements and give Gatland time to sort out World Cup squad for 2027. We could be wooden spoon challengers, but I think we are likely to be 7th in this years six nations. And I am normally optimistic! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5037
    It seems daft that Farrell becomes ineligible for England as he plays for a French club.  If football followed that thinking international matches might be 'interesting' spectacles.  The PL would feature more English players for a start.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2586
    edited January 29
    Every big union has a similar rule, one of the main reasons is ensuring players are available for Test whenever they’re needed - the RFU compensates Premiership clubs quite handsomely whenever they take their players for huge chunks of the season and there’s no similar arrangement with foreign leagues. The money in rugby is in Tests, club rugby in England barely scratches by. And England player will make more money playing 5 tests a year than the average yearly salary in the Premiership. Football is the other way around, all the money is in the leagues so there’s far less clout for any football association to make demands 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14835
    tFB Trader
    So the first match is France v Ireland - Is this the championship/grand slam decider, on the first night 
    scrumhalf said:
    Which Smith?

Will,  

just in case it gets a bit tasty
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4953
    So the first match is France v Ireland - Is this the championship/grand slam decider, on the first night 
    ...and the last one is France v England, of which the same might not be true...  :#

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3907
    Marcus Smith out injured for the weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68145355
    I really hope it's Fin Smith as starter.

Having Mitchell next to him will calm the nerves and they already play really well together.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom