The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot
1602603604605606608»

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1459
    Wales finally win a game. Just. 
    I think Gatland is not the problem, the WRU is the main issue, but Gatland certainly not helping himself. 
    We now have a very young squad, but we certainly have more depth in most key positions apart from 2, 8 and 12.
    bodes well for future as some of these players make the transition, but Wales needs some wins in the Autumn before next years six nations.
    My son went to the game. ‘Wales about to crumble to a club side’ was his first message. Scored in the last play to win …. ‘Shouldn’t be scraping by a club side by 1 point’ was his second. But agree with your points
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Wales came 8th out of 12 in the U20s World Championship, so at least you know there is new talent on the horizon.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 203
    Eng worthy winners of the U20 World Cup. I only saw a few matches but they were good. Some bright talent for the future. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

IMG_4615.jpeg 166.2K
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31576
    Had an incredible time at the Sevens....

Anyway, I went out for a quick cig from the media, press and team area and met none other than the great Antoine Greizemann who also, apparently, like a cheeky cig....lovely guy, big mates with Dupont and loves his rugby.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• tbmtbm Frets: 586
    Gassage said:
    Had an incredible time at the Sevens....

Anyway, I went out for a quick cig from the media, press and team area and met none other than the great Antoine Greizemann who also, apparently, like a cheeky cig....lovely guy, big mates with Dupont and loves his rugby.
    Why am I reassured by the fact that Greizemann  likes a sly ciggie? 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Twickenham to be renamed…

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/rfu-and-allianz-agree-long-term-partnership

oh dear, this won’t end well
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2978
    “are you going to watch the game on Saturday at the Allianz?”
    ”which Allianz?”
    ”the one at Twickenham”
    According to BBC sport, it’s worth over £100m.
    According to Bill Sweeney, they definitely haven’t sold out….. 

"We've had a tough time coming out of Covid, the game's under pressure - we saw three professional clubs go out of business [and] that was extremely painful.”

Er yes, you were asleep at the wheel after your nice big fat lunch
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    It doesn't matter.

Nobody will call it that anyway.
    Cinch (the car people) have been trying that with Franklins Gardens for a while now and it hasn't caught on at all.

To quote a Saffer mate of mine "Apparently there's an Emirates Stadium in Jo'berg but I've never been. I go to Ellis Park"

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Wow Wow Wow Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Blacks loose at home to Argentina - 3 tries to 4 and at one time they were  20-8 up but loose 30-38 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    Blimey. NZ rugby forums are going to be a fun read.
  • PjonPjon Frets: 331

All Blacks loose at home to Argentina - 3 tries to 4 and at one time they were  20-8 up but loose 30-38 
    It was an entertaining game. Better by far than the SA v Aus game, where the Australians looked as if they'd only just met each other. Once Argentina got ahead they didn't look likely to lose it.
    tFB Trader
    Pjon said:

It was an entertaining game. Better by far than the SA v Aus game, where the Australians looked as if they'd only just met each other. Once Argentina got ahead they didn't look likely to lose it.
    Forgot it had started so only seen the hi-lights but have it on the planner for this weekend 
    tFB Trader
    Pjon said:

In a way revenge this week for NZ - But they won’t see it that way - The history books will always show a defeat and that will wrangle with them- But they did look more like the imperialistic best
  • PjonPjon Frets: 331
    Pjon said:

In a way revenge this week for NZ - But they won’t see it that way - The history books will always show a defeat and that will wrangle with them- But they did look more like the imperialistic best
    Yeah, Argentina didn't quite know what hit them.

And SA v Australia, same old despite SA fielding a weakened team until they emptied their bench.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31576
    edited September 15
    Had a wonderful day in Toulouse interviewing the wonderful Francois Cros- France & Tls flank.

My pal Thomas in middle assisting with advanced translation!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Didn’t see that coming. Pumas beat the boks
  • exocetexocet Frets: 2064
    rsvmark said:
    Didn’t see that coming. Pumas beat the boks
    I'm not that surprised. I watched the last Boks v NZ test and thought that both teams were very poor despite the local SA commentary team trying to big the game up to be one of great intensity....it really wasn't.