The Fretboard Cycling Club

What's Hot
1474849505153»

Comments

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5064
    Jaycee said:
    Well done, was waiting for the post, how did you find it? I bet you wondered what you were worrying about lol
    Apart from the "full Rapha kit wankers" who started in the last (supposedly slower) wave treating it like a Tour de France re-enactment, it was great, haha! 

Certainly was feeling it in the legs for the last 20 miles, especially as they added a detour with Buckhurst Hill (?), a modest 1.5km with bits of 6-8% at 85 miles in! And a lovely headwind back into London! :# Didn't actually think once about turning off to do the 60, which I thought I might get tempted by.

I was hoping for anything around 7 hours, but was thinking realistically as long as I made the time cut I'd be happy, so to get 7 hours made the day. 

Best part of the day was all the kids in the towns and villages wanting high 5's from everyone. They're obviously watching cyclocross and the MTB'ers on YT, so there's definitely hope for the sport  =)

And it was nice to finish the day in the traditional manner...

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Top job @littlegreenman that’s a great accomplishment and a fantastic time to boot, amazing!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    Well done @littlegreenman that's a great achievement 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1767
    Getting into this cycling now - doing 2-3 50km rides a week and want to start going further afield. We've also got a 100km charity ride on the IOW soon and i'd ideally like to have the route planned into something like a Garmin Edge with a basic sat nav style thing rather than rely on my phone which could run out of battery etc.

Has anyone any recommendations at the budget end of the scale? I'd have thought that given cyclsits passion for upgrading equipment there'd be a glut of s/h devices on the market but seemingly not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3878
    I’m a fan of the Wahoo devices. Very reliable, easy to use and sync automatically with routes saved to Strava, RideWithGPS etc..
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5064
    Just back from a long weekend in Geneva. Didn't have a lot of spare time for riding, but did get in a few 30-ish mile rides along the lakeside. Flat as a pancake on the lake road, but as soon as you move away it's decidedly not (it is the Alps after all).

Picked up this as a rental for the weekend from Bike Suisse. Emonda SL6 Pro with 12 speed Di2 105, was pretty swish.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 314
    Spent a fantastic Father’s Day tearing down the bike for maintenance and upgrades. 

Fitted new 30mm contis with Vitoria run-flat inserts. I was dreading cleaning out the old sealant but it wasn’t terrible. All mounted without issue. They are very comfy and I’m hoping the inserts are that extra little bit of protection as I’m not carrying spare tubes anymore. 

New chain waxed and fitted as well, and I’m hoping to say goodbye to chain lube and road grease now that all the bikes are waxed. 

Went out for a test ride and she’s running like a dream. Half the fun is the teardown and build up.