Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    edited October 2020

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19402
    Don't bother too much, I'm in the minority  ;)
    You could just type a model description?
  • Its a Honda  NC750x. in red

It comes under their "adventure" range - but in reality is pretty much the nearest thing to a mid sized tourer.  I used to have a NT650 so its a tiny step up after a few years away from riding.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19402
    Very capable bike, Honda reliability & helmet storage  ;)
    Enjoy :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Octatonic - Cheers! Not really, there's definitely some but nothing untoward imo. I could see it being more noticeable in the peak of the summer, or if touring somewhere warm, but even then it wouldn't become an issue unless you were sat at lights and/or stuck in traffic somewhere. I'll see how I get on with it, there's always heat shield and decat options if needs be to drop the exhaust temp a bit. At this point I don't see the need to though! :)
    @Octatonic - slight update, I rode it in single-layer jeans for the first time earlier this week for about 90mins at night (~12c ambient temp), the heat was much more noticeable wearing those if my leg was against the heat shield, but still not awful. That said, I'm likely going to take the headers off and remove the cat anyway at some point over the winter. I'll modify the stock ones and have them cut & welded by a mate rather than buy an aftermarket set. :)

@thumpingrug - congrats, very decent bikes those! 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Ok so as my trip plans change and evolve it looks like my mate wants to join me on his bike too now so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good Bluetooth waterproof headset to keep in touch with each other that will also pair to a sat nav? (Garmin Zumo XT) there seems to be a wide range of options out there so any advice much appreciated. It looks like after reading up on Frances ridiculous rules, regulations and toll and fuel prices we’ll be skipping straight from Calais into Belgium then possibly Luxembourg, Germany then Switzerland through the alps taking in a few of the passes then into Italy and the Dolomites then on down to the Amalfi coast. Obviously plans may change as more research is done but it’s bloody good fun watching some of the rides through the Swiss passes on YouTube! I really hope this goes ahead and happens.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.

• Ive done a far bit of research into his recently.  Like most things it all depends on your budget but the Sena SMH5D kept being mentioned.  I have a Nolan hat so am tempted towards their N-Com gear as its apparently very easy to integrate.  

• zepp76 said:
    Ok so as my trip plans change and evolve it looks like my mate wants to join me on his bike too now so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good Bluetooth waterproof headset to keep in touch with each other that will also pair to a sat nav? (Garmin Zumo XT) there seems to be a wide range of options out there so any advice much appreciated. It looks like after reading up on Frances ridiculous rules, regulations and toll and fuel prices we’ll be skipping straight from Calais into Belgium then possibly Luxembourg, Germany then Switzerland through the alps taking in a few of the passes then into Italy and the Dolomites then on down to the Amalfi coast. Obviously plans may change as more research is done but it’s bloody good fun watching some of the rides through the Swiss passes on YouTube! I really hope this goes ahead and happen
    I'm using a Cardo Packtalk. Connects to my satnav and phone, supports voice-based commands “Hey Cardo, volume UP” and works as a Bluetooth bike-to-bike intercom. All at the same time. If all your riding group uses Packtalk, they have support for mesh communication- which allows you to talk to someone 5 miles up the road if everyone in the middle is using the same stuff. Otherwise you're subject to the normal Bluetooth range, which is generally plenty for people within 500m of each other. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    zepp76 said:
    Ok so as my trip plans change and evolve it looks like my mate wants to join me on his bike too now so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good Bluetooth waterproof headset to keep in touch with each other that will also pair to a sat nav? (Garmin Zumo XT) there seems to be a wide range of options out there so any advice much appreciated. It looks like after reading up on Frances ridiculous rules, regulations and toll and fuel prices we’ll be skipping straight from Calais into Belgium then possibly Luxembourg, Germany then Switzerland through the alps taking in a few of the passes then into Italy and the Dolomites then on down to the Amalfi coast. Obviously plans may change as more research is done but it’s bloody good fun watching some of the rides through the Swiss passes on YouTube! I really hope this goes ahead and happens.
     If you don't hurry up and get going some of those passes will be closed to bikes......you're leaving it a bit late in the year
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    underdog said:
    Not sure where to post this, but had to to clear my mind and give a genuine be careful.

Coming down the motorway today, traffic slowing slightly, as I passed it was an accident that just happened, cars stopped but no police yet, the guy on the motorbike was definitely not going to recover, blood on the road and his head was opened up real badly.

Again sorry but can't get it out of my mind, I love bikes, but please all be careful out there, and I I hope that poor man felt as little as possible during that crash and that it was quick.

Edit: had to Google and it was a 70 year old guy, dead at the scene, f**k

My dad's in his 70s and still rides (vellocette). I do worry, he's always been a very confident and carefull driver but his reactions aren't what they once were. He's just a fair weather rider now and certainly no speed freak. 

I used to love going runs with him. Camping, getting cold, wet and eaten alive by midges. Great memories. 
    Dominic said:
    zepp76 said:
     If you don't hurry up and get going some of those passes will be closed to bikes......you're leaving it a bit late in the year
    I won’t be going until next year anyway so not a problem. I’ve got to get a lot of stuff sold before then, I’ve made the decision to sell just about all of my musical equipment except one guitar and all my other belongings to buy the bike and do this trip. Not an easy decision but I’m a biker first and a guitarist much further down the line so that takes precedence.
  • JezzaSnrJezzaSnr Frets: 28
    edited October 2020
    Though I am currently without a bike, I have always ridden so thought I’d pop in and say hello. 
    My last bike was a 2015 Triumph Speed Triple. 
    Fantastic bike and did all I asked of it. 
    Change of circumstance and two young children who had been through enough already & the ever declining state of the roads and driving down here in the South West and taken the joy out of it for me.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31967
    zepp76 said: Not an easy decision but I’m a biker first and a guitarist much further down the line so that takes precedence.
    This has generally been me too throughout most of my life until I needed to get back into playing to make money. 

In fact for years I always regarded guitars as a kind of backup hobby for when motorcycles became illegal, I never dreamed that music would be made illegal first!  
    p90fool said:
    zepp76 said: Not an easy decision but I’m a biker first and a guitarist much further down the line so that takes precedence.
    This has generally been me too throughout most of my life until I needed to get back into playing to make money. 

In fact for years I always regarded guitars as a kind of backup hobby for when motorcycles became illegal, I never dreamed that music would be made illegal first!  
    This is the thing, I have for so long been a prisoner not just because of being a full time carer for a disabled father for a very long time and not being able to go out far because of his needs but a prisoner of my own mind and severe mental health issues. But then he died and I was very fortunate to be given a beautiful home to call my own and I was free but I had to sell my bikes to pay for everything from afresh. I have now decided that something has to change, I can’t allow myself to be dragged down by my mind and life anymore and I feel I need to be riding again and planning for this trip to help me fight these awful feelings of fear and anxiety. I became scared of going out and of interactions with people and it’s got to stop. Bikes have always been a massive part of my life and I think doing a big trip and pushing myself to succeed in it will give me the impetus to also succeed in life once again. I’m not looking for sympathy but by Christ if I just wrote down 1/1000th off the shit I’ve been through in life people’s jaws would hit the floor and kind of understand why I’m a bit messed up! Anyway enough blabbering, I’ve got dreams to aspire to and YouTube footage of people blatting around the mountains to watch. Happy riding people!
  • Well I’ve put the summer jackets away for winter as of today! :( Did a quick run into Regents Park from home to drop a pedal off to someone and it was a little bit chilly for comfort - I was quite glad of the high pipes and heated grips on the Scrambler
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    edited October 2020
    Well, a rather unexpected NBD for me yesterday! I traded in my KTM Superduke GT for something a little more user friendly and fun - only one pic as I was busy riding and then the weather turned so the thing is filthy now! Maybe some more later

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody nice ride! Congrats, good luck keeping the front down!  =)
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Bloody nice ride! Congrats, good luck keeping the front down!  =)
    Thank you sir - no worries about that as I’ve owned a few fruity numbers before, and I always keep anti wheelie on :lol: 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I changed bikes this year - from KTM SuperAdventure S to this. I love the engine, but miss the creature comforts of the KTM (multi adjustable suspension on the fly, power mapping on the fly, self-cancelling indicators!).
    It's a long time since I've had anything so "basic" (over 20 years since I last had a bike without a screen). 

https://i.imgur.com/N6gSbhc.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another superb purchase @MtB - I completely fell for that on the test rode I did back in March, but ended up going for the Scrambler 1200 as it’s just a bit better suited for touring and distance work too. I’d love to have one of those as well at some point though   <3