Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:
    Anyone owned or ridden a MK1 like this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133553276322

My late brother always said it was the bike for me, I can’t believe they still fetch so little money.
    50k is a fair few miles.

Here is an X Reg with almost half the mileage: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202011055834154
    Thank you, but it’s not a MK1 original speed triple.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31936
    edited November 2020
    Duplicate post
    zepp76 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133553276322

My late brother always said it was the bike for me, I can’t believe they still fetch so little money.
    Yep, they have plenty of grunt, but feel pretty agricultural. Check it's in excellent condition if you want one, there are some weird maintenance issues, like gear change shaft oil seals on the inside, making what should be a simple task an engine out job. 
    p90fool said:
    zepp76 said:

Yep, they have plenty of grunt, but feel pretty agricultural. Check it's in excellent condition if you want one, there are some weird maintenance issues, like gear change shaft oil seals on the inside, making what should be a simple task an engine out job. 
    @p90fool thank you, what is the ride like? A lot of weight on the wrists from the clip ons or not that bad due to seated position? I hear it’s pretty good comfort wise for taller people. The engine work, including the possibility of the sprag clutch going doesn’t faze me as its part of the enjoyment of owning bikes for me (maybe apart from starter clutch replacement in a XJR1300 that was a different kind of “fun”), not constantly having to rebuild it of course but actually doing any work myself if and when it needs it. Any more advice you can give with regards to long distance comfort and real world  tank range (can only find manufacturers claims of mpg, yeah right!) would be much appreciated, thank you. I have owned a Triumph 900 triple engined bike before (it had a personality disorder and thought it was made in the Meriden factory, yes, oil leaks!) and loved the power delivery of it (not a lot of power admittedly). I don’t need a super duper fast bike “at the moment” but am tempted by the price of these.
    @zepp76 I didn't actually own it, just fixed it for a mate once and rode it a couple of times, so couldn't really tell you much about actual ownership. 

I'm over six foot and found it comfortable though, and it feels like your sat in it rather than perched on it, so my wrists were fine. 

I guess it might feel a stretch for shorter riders but I liked it, but then like you I'm also fond of triple power delivery. 
    p90fool said:
    @zepp76 I didn't actually own it, just fixed it for a mate once and rode it a couple of times, so couldn't really tell you much about actual ownership. 

I'm over six foot and found it comfortable though, and it feels like your sat in it rather than perched on it, so my wrists were fine. 

I guess it might feel a stretch for shorter riders but I liked it, but then like you I'm also fond of triple power delivery. 
    Thank you, that’s good news it being comfortable for you at over 6ft as I’m 6’4” myself. The only thing that niggles me about it is the forks look rather weedy compared to the rest of the bike, but that’s easily remedied!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If you’ve got a spare half hour and haven’t had the pleasure of seeing this before, it’s a great and funny watch IMO.

https://youtu.be/hPKHNxbH1s8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19373
    ^ My hero. I had actual crows wings on my first helmet back in the day.
    I hated the Mayor of Sunderland City Council for years, as his official car had the registration 'OGR1' , now sold.
  • I've been playing around with a few bits on my Scrambler recently to fine-tune the cosmetics a little. Some of the fittings seemed a bit too busy and modern for my liking, so I painted a batch with VHT black and toned down the visual clutter. I also decided I didn't much like the stock heat shields and fly-screen, so made up some new ones from some scrap aluminum and a couple of pre-cut ovals.

Post oven-curing:

Yellow headlight tint & new fly-screen (Numbers & paint to be added!):

Heat shield/number boards (I'll likely add numbers/paint to these too):

I've also had some inspection covers made up too:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    Crikey..........proper fabricator/custom builder........King of the Shed !
  • Haha these were pretty straightforward! Just some cutting, filing and bending :)
    Haha these were pretty straightforward! Just some cutting, filing and bending :)

Very neat work though!
    ^ My hero. I had actual crows wings on my first helmet back in the day.
    I hated the Mayor of Sunderland City Council for years, as his official car had the registration 'OGR1' , now sold.
    @Kittyfrisk Have at it old bean:

https://teamogri.bigcartel.com/

I’ve bought a few bits for myself and some for friends for Christmas.

I can report that the t shirts are top notch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19373
    Ta  ;) :+1: 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1402
    Incoming rant. Got the bike renewal notice a few days ago. Didn’t seem too bad but I ran a like for like check on a price comparison website this morning. Well chuff me if there wasn’t a 40% saving! Rang the buggers this morning, and would you Adam and Eve it, the insurer re-ran my quote and under cut it even more. Reminder to self. ALWAYS check the renewal price! That’s £85 into the gas fund then!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NEVER let a policy auto-renew, they'll always rip you off! :mrgreen:

I'm loving our policies now that we're out of London and back in the southwest. My bike's gone from £965 a year to £270, so with another two in the household that's quite a saving per year  :3
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    I've ranted more than once to the RAC and demanded they do not auto renew yet they still do. This year they were  about right with the price so I couldn't work up a decent level of annoyance so just paid it. 

Previous years they have been way dearer than their own quote on Compare the Meerkat. 

They do annoy me charging an 'arrangement fee' of £5 though. 

‘06 1050 Triumph Speed Triple. (You can have any colour you like, as long as it’s black!)

Deposit paid, hopefully being delivered in ten days time all going well.

Many thanks to @denz32 for helping make this happen.

I’ll do a proper new bike day thread if all goes well.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1652
    edited March 2021
    Fk me that's lovely.

I never noticed the similarities between them and the 675 triple before - but it really jumps out at you with those forks. Better looking too with the single-sided swing-arm.

Really tough looking bike. Am envious as hell here Zepp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom