Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    cracking bike
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thank you, I’m well chuffed. It has full service history but not by a main Triumph dealership. Luckily there’s the new big one opened up just 8 miles away from me in the Meons so a nice ride out there. They want £750 for a major service + an extra hours labour at £95ph :o  if the valve clearances need doing, the very helpful chap asked if I was capable of doing it all myself and well, yes I am! So he can sell me the full major service kit for just £175 including all new gaskets, o-rings, plugs and filters. All official Triumph, noice!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19373
    I had a side bet with myself that you would have got an old school GSXR1100  ;)
    Well done though, that's a cracking bike with a great development line & a bulletproof engine.
    Also jealous  :) ;)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    zepp76 said:
    They want £750 for a major service + an extra hours labour at £95ph :o
    That's insane! The last major service I had (admittedly on a similar age T100) was just £320 all in, including valve clearances and the full works!

Congrats on the BAS though, enjoy it :) 
    I had a side bet with myself that you would have got an old school GSXR1100  ;)
    Well done though, that's a cracking bike with a great development line & a bulletproof engine.
    Also jealous  :) ;)
    If I can find an old basket case GSX1100EFE I’d be happy, just to make something a bit special but they fetch a premium these days. I’m happy with me Trumpet!
  • denz32denz32 Frets: 17
    Wow!!!! I know nothing about motorbikes but I do know that that’s cool as fuck. Very pleased for you. Time to get planning those trips around Ireland and Italy...
    Well, the bike was supposed to be being delivered on my birthday on the 23rd, it’s not now...it’s being delivered this Thursday instead! All bought and paid for now, well chuffed.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4880
    edited June 2021
    We've been a bit quiet here recently...  I'm just popping in to say how much I'm enjoying riding now we're less restricted in where we can go and who we can meet with. I've had the first service on my recently-purchased F900XR and starting to use it properly. It's continuing to make me happy as I get more out of it.

I spent last Saturday afternoon beating up back roads in Wilts & Dorset with some of my old riding buddies from London who were down for the day. We had a great time - although they then had a 2 hour ride back on the M3 to get home afterwards. 

I'm out and about for a couple of days this week with another mate who's got some time off and doesn't know the area. Dorset coast on Wednesday and South Downs on Thursday.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Been a bit busy with work, but I’ve found the time to get out and about where possible - also managed to get rid of the awful Triumph and back to a brand/bike I’m more comfortable with - just getting the miles on to get the first service out of the way.

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31936
    I've been putting a lot of miles on my original old scruff and the Johnny Cash bike this spring, successfully avoiding almost all other people. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We've been a bit quiet here recently...  I'm just popping in to say how much I'm enjoying riding now we're less restricted in where we can go and who we can meet with. I've had the first service on my recently-purchased F900XR and starting to use it properly. It's continuing to make me happy as I get more out of it.

I spent last Saturday afternoon beating up back roads in Wilts & Dorset with some of my old riding buddies from London who were down for the day. We had a great time - although they then had a 2 hour ride back on the M3 to get home afterwards. 

I'm out and about for a couple of days this week with another mate who's got some time off and doesn't know the area. Dorset coast on Wednesday and South Downs on Thursday.
    Do we have any pics of the bike please?
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4880
    PC_Dave said:

Sure...  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlitfz782hinxea/f900xr.jpg?raw=1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    PC_Dave said:

Sure...  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlitfz782hinxea/f900xr.jpg?raw=1

Lovely! Such a nice front end on those :)
    p90fool said:
    I've been putting a lot of miles on my original old scruff and the Johnny Cash bike this spring, successfully avoiding almost all other people. 

TheyThey
    ^ They could never get that fairing quite right on the Road Glide !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did you do the 'ratted' tank yourself or is it a vinyl wrap ?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31936
    Dominic said:
    Haha no, I'm not a vinyl wrap sort of chap really! It was like that when I got it, it's off a late 50s Indian Woodsman. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19373
    p90fool said:
    Dominic said:
    Haha no, I'm not a vinyl wrap sort of chap really! It was like that when I got it, it's off a late 50s Indian Woodsman. 
    The oil tank decal/sticker is brilliant :+1: 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5786
    edited June 2021
    Still enjoying this since I passed my test last year, it's an absolutely wonderful bike - I can say that since the only thing I have to compare it with is the Suzuki SV650 I used at the riding school, which I didn't like very much!  

Other than that I'm just really enjoying it, makes me smile every time I get on it.  Managed to win a genuine BMW top case for it from evil bay last week, recoded the lock to match my key so I now have a full set of luggage.  I think I need to talk to Dave (my biking buddy) about a few rides further afield.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

p90fool said:
    Dominic said:
    No,I was joking,I guessed you were too old skool for that but it looks so good .......the only ones I have seen with the rust rod vibe looking so real have been on Brat style bikes from Krazy Horse Customs etc ...and they were vinyl wraps .