Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    @guitargeek62 - I like the styling of the scrambler. How many miles do you get from a tank full of gas?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did a run back from the lake district to SE London a couple of weeks ago and was getting 200mi out of a tank!!! :o During normal city/urban riding I’m still getting 150-170mi, so pretty damn good by my standards - my T100 would have been running on fumes by 110. I know there are bikes that’ll go further before needing a refuel, but after that long I’ll want to get off the bike for a quick stretch anyway!
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1655
    PC_Dave said:
    Well, a rather unexpected NBD for me yesterday! I traded in my KTM Superduke GT for something a little more user friendly and fun - only one pic as I was busy riding and then the weather turned so the thing is filthy now! Maybe some more later

Hard to go wrong with a howlin' triple like that. I do envy those sensible handlebars :)
    Keep it between the hedges (and the potholes) Dave.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31967
    PC_Dave said:
    Well, a rather unexpected NBD for me yesterday! I traded in my KTM Superduke GT for something a little more user friendly and fun - only one pic as I was busy riding and then the weather turned so the thing is filthy now! Maybe some more later

Nice one, I have a serious soft spot for those, the power delivery just suits how I want to ride. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    I love the Speed Triple.
    It might be my next bike.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    I really like them but I just can't get past the headlight set up.......the old BMWK1300 naked was the same for me ;awesome bike but that Headlight set just didn't give me the horn
  • ^ Easy enough to swap it out for a single! Or, just wait for the new Trident to come out, which seems to be a street triple 675 with a few neo-cafe cosmetic tweaks ;)
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Dominic said:
    I really like them but I just can't get past the headlight set up.......the old BMWK1300 naked was the same for me ;awesome bike but that Headlight set just didn't give me the horn
    If you’re looking at the headlights you’re riding it wrong....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How do you know I don't do stunts ?
    I did a great Stoppy a few weeks ago ( but it wasn't intentional ) .......came within an inch of going all the way over
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Dominic said:
    How do you know I don't do stunts ?
    I did a great Stoppy a few weeks ago ( but it wasn't intentional ) .......came within an inch of going all the way over
    I did that the first day I rode the Aprilia I bought, I went hooning off up the road and came to a junction and hauled on the front brake with the same gusto that I had to with the spongy brakes on the GSX that I was used to riding and up I went! And I mean proper up, I was kind of chuffed but also worried I’d chewed a hole in the seat with my ring piece! That things brakes were rather good.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    octatonic said:
    I love the Speed Triple.
    It might be my next bike.
    I have to admit, it's probably the best bike i've owned, and i've owned pretty much all of the supernakeds (and one superbike) in the last few years:

Suzuki GSR750R
    Yamaha MT10
    BMW S1000XR
    KTM Superduke R
    BMW S1000RR
    BMW S1000R
    KTM Superduke GT
    Triumph Speed Triple

It was between this and the Tuono Factory, but I'm definitely pleased with my decision. The only thing that lets it down is the fuel capacity (and maybe the seat, but that could just be down to me being a wet blanket.) At least this has a fuel gauge, unlike the Tuono.

Not sure how taller riders would get on with it, as the leg position is very tucked in. Also the quickshifter is an absolute must have.
    That's mighty praise when put into perspective against bikes like the S1000 RR and Superduke
    Dominic said:
    That's mighty praise when put into perspective against bikes like the S1000 RR and Superduke
    Phenomenal bikes at what they do, don't get me wrong, but for the road? The Triumph is waaaaaay better. (All in my personal opinion, of course!)

The SDR is an animal, but the Triple has much, much better handling. The S1KR obviously is a track bike that is road legal, but 200hp is just pointless on the roads in the UK. The 150 ish HP from the Triple is absolutely perfect - the linear torque delivery means all the power is available all of the time, regardless of the gear. It's just brilliant.

I do miss the heated seat of the GT though :lol:
    I know what you mean about linear power delivery.......I have done 5000 miles on a Diavel 1260 this summer ;the ride is incredibly comfortable and the power delivery is perfect especially for short-changes .I didn't have too much problem using all of the power ;)
    A bit late to the party seeing this bike but it’s just had a write up in the latest classic motorcycle mechanics magazine.

https://bikes.suzuki.co.uk/bikes/adventure/v-strom-1050xt/?grade=dc4a6362-4470-4d5f-bb49-ada92608df30&Colour=Champion+Yellow+No.2+(YU1)&price=11599

The new 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1050 XT, designed by the same guy who designed the original DR BIG Dr800 if anyone remembers them? A proper throwback looking at it and quite tasty specs (although I’m not a big fan of electronic rider aids) for the price seeings as it’s almost half the price of a BMW equivalent! 
  • A guy on a FB page made these side covers up for my XE this week, I'm a bit of a Star Wars nut too so this was a fun way to sneak some details onto the Scram:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I quite like the look of the big V strom but it’s clearly just a styling exercise on top of the existing V strom and the original DR Big still looks much better than the new one.

Suzuki make decent bikes but they’ve really lost their way recently, they just seem...boring and a generation behind.
    Yes that looks like an old Paris Dakar machine but then again I'm not a fan of Adventure Sport looking bikes although the Ducati Pikes Peak and the 1250Gs are great looking machines
  • I had to go to my actual, physical office today. It's only 20 miles but the weather was bright enough and I've been stressed lately so I decided to take the bike. It was glorious. Often, I can't be bothered with the faff of getting changed and having to fetch my bike out of the garage, but I'm glad I did. It wasn't even much faff, I think I just invent that issue. Heated grips we're nice though.
    Is it bad that I’m sat here in my new flat looking at the ridiculously large amount of space I have and am thinking hmm, long term project dream bike build? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom