Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 637
    Rode the length of the A272 today, what an excellent road, only the cars put a slight damper on the day!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    jaytmon said:

Only just found this thread being a new member an all.... started at the beginning, skipped a bit to find the excitement of Octatonic passing his test, then ordering a STREET TRIPLE!! (My Bro has one) and I was all excited, then to find some ignorant tosser knocked it over.... Mate I'm gutted for you.

A mate of mine bought an R6 as a first 'big' bike, 6 weeks into ownership someone reversed into it in the carpark at work, knocking it over, and it ended up being a write off, what with all the plastics.

My Bro, on his newly acquired and immaculate Striple, tried to ride off with the disc lock on (doh!) and dropped it, bending the brake lever and causing a couple of dents.

I urge you not to let it put you off. Fight through the sleepless nights because there is NOTHING like your first proper bike. Mine was a CB500 about 12 years ago, and I have had a succession of bigger, faster bikes since then, currently a KTM Super Duke which makes me want to do stupid things whilst laughing manically :D, but I don't think I'll ever fully recapture the feeling of the old CB. It's special, and you will want to protect your steed like a precious two-wheeled child, grow with it and love it irrationally. It'll slip your mind sometimes, as you get used to owning it, then suddenly you will remember, it's yours, and if you want to, you can ride her just for the sake of riding her. I once went to get cash out, and I rode 30 miles to the cash point (instead of 5) just because I could.

Stick with it fella. Yes it can hurt,(physically and emotionally!), and yes it be expensive, but the payoff is more than worth it.

Oh and it's a whole new world of GAS - wait til you need, (yes need), 3 different pairs of gloves for different times of year/weather...!

Thanks mate.
    I've chilled out a bit about the knock- it was fairly minor damage and I should shave put the crash protection on it sooner.

I gave it a wash today after a long ride.
    That was fun.
    There is a bit of damage on the tank so I am going to replace the tank next week and then find a way to get the old tank repaired cheaply and flog it on ebay.
    Not as uneconomical as it sounds as tanks go for decent money if they are in good repair.
    Jet black is a common colour too.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2805
    Tone71 said:
    Rode the length of the A272 today, what an excellent road, only the cars put a slight damper on the day!!
    There are some nice sections along that road, they're just gagging for it.

Did you go to Loomies? Always like to stop there for a cuppa.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep stopped at Loomies before heading off for the A31 to head home, was pretty busy for a Friday, I like it there, really friendly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Ah, the joys of owning a Honda...
    A lovely burnt out stator.
    Mine is about to go too- trumpets run pretty hot.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    What am I looking at?
    My V key is broken
    holnrew said:
    What am I looking at?
    The go-go box.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12899
    edited April 2014
    My cbf1000 has a reputation for frying alternator stators too. Honda have extended the warranty to 7 years because there were so many failures. Mine is just over 7 years old now, sods law says it will go soon.
    edited April 2014
    It still amazes me that Honda with their millions can't design or use decent alternators and reg/recs. Gives me the right arse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And here was me thinking of replacing my Suzuki rec/reg with a Honda one!

Suzuki SV rectifiers are made of butter Im sure
    I think they're a weak link on a lot of bikes. I factor stator and reg/recs into consumables and accept that they'll need replacing from time to time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    Not me, but how about two hobby's at once?

• FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    One of the things I hate most about life is that there's always someone who is better than you :(
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    Why can't you see the guitar in the shadow?

;)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12899
    octatonic said:
    Why can't you see the guitar in the shadow?

;)

To be fair, you cant see the rider's shadow either. Photoshopped though I guess.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    @octatonic
    Been looking at leather jackets that would be good on the bike and off it, and the nicest I've found is this one.

Sadly, though I've toiled over it all day, reality is that it just won't fit me.  Don't know what size you are, but it would sure go nice with your bike ;)
  • For commuting to work when I was a postman years back I had a moped; froze to death in the winter living in dread of ice on the road... bikes are a complete stress for commuting if we get a winter of real snow, and it can be clear when you go to work and a foot when you come home.
    Now I have built to BMW outfits (£50 a year to insure) and with the third wheel I can get through any snow a car can... not that I bother to try very often as I don't need to commute anymore!
    Mark...............
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Let's see some pics !
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • Hi Michael,
    I would like to upload a photo but I cannot see how to browse to find it?
    It has been off the road for a few years and right now I am working on it out in my workshop to get it running and MOTd again.
    Mark................image