Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• just watched the Super Mario 3D Land Wii U trailer, game is now top of the list of must haves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cmon November, hurry up and end...

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085
    Done most of GTA V and now I'm working my way through Halo 4
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Currently trying to play BF4 multiplayer... it's pretty much impossible until they've fixed the server lag/rubber-banding issues. Other than that it's a decent-enough FPS, the campaign was okay but nothing special - I really didn't give two hoots about the characters or plot, but it was less of a pop-up arcade shooter than CoD normally is.

I finished Arkham: Origins last week, that kind of sucked. It has it's moments, but generally feels like DLC for Arkham: City (particularly in that over half of the map is shared, but not much has been added to it in terms of accessible buildings etc. Still feels too much like a ghost-town too - playing in a living breathing Gotham City would have been far more interesting. I traded it in against BF4 but I'll pick up a copy in 6 months or so once all the DLC is released and the bugs are ironed out, maybe that'll make it more satisfying?
  • GTAV has fallen onto the backburner behind NFL13, NHL14 and FIFA14.

I always feel guilty after an evening of sports games, as if it's a worse way to spend time than playing something with a story.
  • just played Wii U Sports Club for the past hour, basically Wii Tennis and Bowling with added online play which makes it pretty fresh.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    I just realized you can get Minesweeper for the iPad/iPhone. I am pleased.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • Assassins creed 4 and CoD Ghosts, both because of offers and clubcard and nectar points.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Wahey! EA have fixed all (?) of the bugs on the BF4 multiplayer! I can actually kill people again! :D
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    OpenTTD
    My V key is broken
  • Played a couple of hours of Lego Batman2 and Arkham Origins. 

AO is fun because it's just like Arkham City, but framerate is awful in places and it does feel a little "been there, done that" because it's just like Arkham City. Using the same basic city layout with some added extra bits doesn't help matters. Presumably Rocksteady are working on a new next-gen Batman for next xmas. 

Lego is the total opposite. It's the first lego game I've played aside from demos and loving it so far. It's cheesy and light and not particularly difficult but it's brilliant fun. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Lego City on Wii U is awesome, its like Lego GTA -the violence... looking forward to Lego Marvel
  • Lego Batman 2 was awesome, it's one of the few games that my wife likes playing too so I've pre-ordered Marvel Heroes for us :)
  • Finished the story of Arkham Origins. Meh. Again feels like they had a plan and then got rushed for their deadline so the end was mega-rushed and totally unsatisfying just like City. Not to mention that main story didn't really require me to go to any of the locations in the Arkham City half of the map. It felt like I was basically in Sionis Mill or GCPD for 2/3rds of the time. Strange. 
  • I just bought Aliens: Colonial Marines on PSN for £3.99. I might have played a demo (Your guess is as good as mine!), but I remember being disappointed at what I saw on launch so I never bought it.

Reckon I'll still disappointed after paying less than a fiver? Place your bets now.... :O
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    Anyone playing GRID2?

Great game, but I'm still rubbish at driving games. 
  • monquixote;94223" said:
    Anyone playing GRID2?

Great game, but I'm still rubbish at driving games. 
    I played it a lot when it came out. It's really good, but i stopped for a couple of months and now it's too hard to get back into quickly.
    tFB Trader
    I had that with the first one. 

Got halfway through left it for a couple of months and then was totally stuck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got the demo but haven't played it yet, might pop it on this eve.

First impressions of Aliens aren't awful. It certainly has some dated game mechanics, but I've seen worse in recent times. It's still nice and jumpy too. :)
    tFB Trader
    What I really don't get with GRID is why they always start off with you driving something massive and hard to drive like a Mustang around a track with 90 degree turns. 

Why they don't go for something like a Golf GTi like GT games I really don't know.