Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• NFS Rivals on PS4 is blooming awesome, have not liked a NFS since the original Hot Pursuit always preferred Burnout but seeing as this is the only choice for a driving game I thought chuff it, and I am glad I did.. it has elements of Burnout Paradise and the excellent Test Drive Unlimited 1.

also had some time to play 3D Mario Wii U, superb it is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Thought they announced that a few months ago? I'm waiting on Drive Club anyway :)
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I played Saints Row 3 for 12 hours last night :-$

Got my PS+ active again, downloading GRID 2. I liked the first one, but couldn't get back into it either. And I'm shockingly bad at it. The best I did at Le Mans was second last.
    My V key is broken
  • Just picked up 2 Prince of Persias and Stacking for £8 in total. 

Stacking is really clever but I'm far too tired to get my head round it at the moment. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    Loving the maps on Ghosts so far.

Some nice and tight, and some massive. Weapons seem to be better balanced too. And at last, a simple assault rifle no longer has the same range as a sniper rifle!

Not tried the SP yet. Probably won't either!!

I did give in and get KZ as well as I fancy a good (hopefully) scary SP game. But not had a go on that yet.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Loving the maps on Ghosts so far.

Some nice and tight, and some massive. Weapons seem to be better balanced too. And at last, a simple assault rifle no longer has the same range as a sniper rifle!

Not tried the SP yet. Probably won't either!!

I did give in and get KZ as well as I fancy a good (hopefully) scary SP game. But not had a go on that yet.

excellent, Wibble has KZ too so if we all get on with it will have to try and find time for a bit of multiplayer action. You tried NFS yet? I like it, be warned tho the tutorial yapping woman is not skippable and boy does she bang on so give yourself at least 1/2 hr.
  • SP on Ghosts was good but a bit short.  Im beginning to explore the multiplayer, nice to have some larger maps.  Stonehaven is great and once i get a sniper rifle its going to see some use on that map.

• just finished Contrast,nice little indie game controls a little clumsy in places but overall a nice play.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    wow all you people are making me look out of date!
    ive literally only just started borderlands and im not even looking at any new games xD
  • okay I had to re-start Killzone Shadow Fall campaign and lower the difficulty :( much better now.. played a little bit online this morning very impressive can quite easily see this being my online fps game of choice.
  • ^^^ Good to know, or was it hard-in-a-ridiculous way?

Received my PS+ trial from NowTV so I've got a ton of games downloading - figured I'd get a few Vita ones too as I'm tempted to pick one up along with my PS4 soon. :)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    MattG said:
    wow all you people are making me look out of date!
    ive literally only just started borderlands and im not even looking at any new games xD
    I love Borderlands, and Borderlands 2 too!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    GRID 2 seems a lot more forgiving than the previous one, medium difficulty is just the right level of challenging. Couldn't get above easy in the original.
    My V key is broken
  • Played GTAV a fair bit this week after having stopped for a few weeks (not had any blocks of free time really), and really been enjoying it.

Spent a good hour or so with Franklin just exploring the unexplored north bits of the island on foot/boat/car/bike, great fun.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    After something of a hiatus from guitar playing and a resurgence in my geeky game playing I thought i'd do something semi-clever...

After trawling the webs for a while I found Steam codes for Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 for the PC... I already had the cable wotsit (for the xbox, but I've not had access to that for six months thanks to it being my mothers entertainment system)...

Then I played guitar/game for so long my finger tips went literaly numb - I could no longer tell when I was and wasn't fretting anything, which was my cue to stop... then I realised my left wrist felt like a fat girl in heels was standing on it.

Also, I picked up the original as you can transfer all the music to the second one and thus have more tracks to play - but the first one has a story mode like Guitar Hero and I find it compelling to play that... but the new one has a fantastic thing which took me by surpise a little - if you start hitting 100% accuracy for sections the notes fade away till they're invisible, the guitar part also fades away from the audio ... so if you're not playing then it is silent but these little "miss" icons start popping up... knowing about that in advance would have been handy - I found myself thinking "I don't remember a break here". 

So the first is more compelling story wise, unlocking guitars and venues... but the second I think is better for actually learning a song - if you don't know it you'll be stuffed when the notes all go away

Also, in between that and reading I've been playing Battlefield 4 and swearing a lot - I'm convinced some players are able to teleport...

• ^^^ Good to know, or was it hard-in-a-ridiculous way?

no it will be more that I am s**t :D if it was just about running around shooting I would probably be okay but its the sending the OWL out to hack alarms etc.. whilst having to shoot the baddies that is throwing me so I thought if I drop down (it was set to default normal) a difficulty the baddies will be easier and thus I can go about enjoying the game.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I really want rocksmith, but I don't have a leccy guitar, yet. Not sure my laptop could handle it either.

Gamifying learning works really well for me. I've been doing German on Duolingo and I've learned far more in the last six months than I did during four years at school. But then choosing to do it makes a difference I supppose.
    My V key is broken
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    holnrew said:
    Gamifying learning works really well for me. I've been doing German on Duolingo and I've learned far more in the last six months than I did during four years at school. But then choosing to do it makes a difference I supppose.
    I've been doing French - so happy with it I nearly started a new thread. An acquaintance told me about memrise but I haven't tried anything off there yet.

Also back playing Mass Effect after putting it down months ago and getting lost in Demon's Souls
    All practice and no theory
  • My problem with Rocksmith is that there's only ~30 tracks across both games that I'd want to play, and I already know half of them. The add-on tracks are overly expensive imo, but I'd be much more willing to get it if there was a tab creator kit for it that you could use to import songs onto your own platform.