EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22613
    Fretwired said: The Daily Mail is urging voters to vote Remain ... so having spent 40 years criticising Europe the paper has done a complete U turn.
    Is it the editorial leader? I'm trying to find it and all I can get at Mail Online are tits, Hopkins, and the usual wardrobe malfunctions. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Fretwired said: The Daily Mail is urging voters to vote Remain ... so having spent 40 years criticising Europe the paper has done a complete U turn.
    Is it the editorial leader? I'm trying to find it and all I can get at Mail Online are tits, Hopkins, and the usual wardrobe malfunctions. 
    Here you go ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3648681/THE-MAIL-SUNDAY-COMMENT-Vote-Remain-safer-freer-prosperous-yes-GREATER-Britain.html

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    Fretwired said:
    Here you go ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3648681/THE-MAIL-SUNDAY-COMMENT-Vote-Remain-safer-freer-prosperous-yes-GREATER-Britain.html

I can't decide if the comments underneath that are frightening or hilarious. Probably both.

Tell you what, I'd be avoiding going out in England on Friday night. There's a lot of very angry people throwing words like "traitor" and "direct action" around like its going out of fashion. Add in the lunatic elements of the right / occupy movements and I think the Police might be busy. I hope I'm wrong, but we saw it in Scotland after the Independence referendum when a bunch of right-wing idiots went on the rampage after winning. If Remain wins it could get seriously ugly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    In the interests of accuracy, that's a Mail on Sunday standpoint and not that of the Daily Mail. They have different editors who do not get on and the feud has been going on for ages. As far as I know there hasn't been a Daily Mail editorial expressing their position (although all betting is off on what their decision will be). 

It's similar to the Times and the Sunday Times. The Times came out for Remain and the first I knew about the ST Leave stance was 1421 last Saturday. It's called covering all bases, just as we saw with the English and Scottish Sun come the last election.

In the interests of accuracy, that's a Mail on Sunday standpoint and not that of the Daily Mail. They have different editors who do not get on and the feud has been going on for ages. As far as I know there hasn't been a Daily Mail editorial expressing their position (although all betting is off on what their decision will be). 

It's similar to the Times and the Sunday Times. The Times came out for Remain and the first I knew about the ST Leave stance was 1421 last Saturday. It's called covering all bases, just as we saw with the English and Scottish Sun come the last election.
    It's been republished in today's Daily Mail ... I don't have a copy but can't check. It was a news item on R4 this morning. More papers are coming out for Remain as there's a view that's where the vote is going. The Daily Mail’s editor-in-chief, Paul Dacre, has benefited from nealy £500K worth of EU subsidies on his agricultural land so I bet he's not really that keen to leave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    If the MoS view is the overarching view handed down, then it's a huge kick in the teeth for Dacre and a real hierarchical shift. I'll go and raid my local newsagent later on and have a look. 

This is interesting ....

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Fretwired said:
    Here you go ....

started reading that.. I made it all the way to 'not quite half way' before I gave in
    play every note as if it were your first
    @Fretwired. ;From today's Daily Mail. Safe to say that the MoS position is not universal. 

The Telegraph will always be for leave along with the Sun .. the Times, Guardian, Mail on Sunday, Daily Mirror, Independent and Observer are for Remain.

edited June 2016

It is amusing to see that MoS piece on Mail Online and see how many people don't know that they are separate entities and now wish to string the DM bosses up by the balls for treason :)

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
    Have we done this yet?...Part of a piece by Martin Fletcher (ex-Times Foreign Correspondent) about Boris and his role in the demonisation of the EU...

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    quarky said:
    Vote Leave.
    This sums up the typical "leave" voter......
    edited June 2016

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    capo4th;1118585" said:
    quarky said:

That's not real is it?

"vote leave, so you can drive dangerously and break the law with less chance of getting caught "

Seriously, that's got to be made up for a laugh surely?
    :

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    UnclePsychosis;1118618" said:
    [quote="capo4th;1118585"]quarky said:

That's not real is it?

"vote leave, so you can drive dangerously and break the law with less chance of getting caught "

Seriously, that's got to be made up for a laugh surely?
    [/quote]

I assumed it was a piss take as well. It's not real is it?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10442
    @capo4th what is a 'typical' leave voter?

I'm rather curious.
    Laugh, love, live, learn.