EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    quarky said:

UnclePsychosis said:

Seriously, that's got to be made up for a laugh surely?
    I think so. @Capo4th should hang his head in shame.

quarky said:
    Don't buy it personally, but not surprised this kind of thing has come up:

So will you be joining @Capo4th in the "hang your head in shame" corner @quarky? :P
    No, as I said at the top of the post, "I don't buy it". And my comment about @Capo4th was in jest :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bluebeard said:
    UK exports are relatively inelastic which is why the last time the pound dropped exports didn't increase much. Imports will cost more leading to an increase in the price of the average households weekly shop.
    There have been plenty of times in the past when a weak pound has boosted exports. Obviously it will do so less when other economies are struggling, but that is less likely to be the case in this instance.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2276
    edited June 2016

Just had a look at this thread and it directed me to some posts on 13th June, a lot of them mentioning my home country, a lot of them full of frothing bigotry.

Some people here should just stick to guitars and decorating their cave with drool and avoid politics altogether.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Just had a look at this thread and it directed me to some posts on 13th June, a lot of them mentioning my home country, a lot of them full of frothing bigotry.

Some people here should just stick to guitars and decorating their cave with drool and avoid politics altogether.

And your country is .....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:

A shining example of social "progressiveness", completely open borders, and with no desire for control of their own future is my guess. ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Fretwired said:
    quarky;1119154" said:
    Were they having two votes? Or is the first comment about voting the leave the EU also wrong as well? It looks like it might be.
    20s on Google suggest it's total bollocks. They had a referendum on the EU in 1994 and the 2003 one was solely on the Euro. And "no" won.

Worrying to think how far that meme has been shared.

Yes .. garbage. The Dutch speed camera one is naff as well as we buy lots from South Africa. And the speed camera meme should at least say the Netherlands .. Holland is just a province.
    A dutch girl I spoke to said they all call it Holland there anyway
    My V key is broken
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    Simple: it's a load of shit written by a convicted fraudster who's part of the same conspiracy theory bullshit fountain that gives the world Paul Joseph Watson, Infowars, Alex Jones, and the rest of it. 

holnrew said:
    Fretwired said:
    quarky;1119154" said:
    Were they having two votes? Or is the first comment about voting the leave the EU also wrong as well? It looks like it might be.
    20s on Google suggest it's total bollocks. They had a referendum on the EU in 1994 and the 2003 one was solely on the Euro. And "no" won.

Worrying to think how far that meme has been shared.

Yes .. garbage. The Dutch speed camera one is naff as well as we buy lots from South Africa. And the speed camera meme should at least say the Netherlands .. Holland is just a province.
    A dutch girl I spoke to said they all call it Holland there anyway
    I worked there and have plenty of Dutch friends who get pissed off when you call the country Holland. It would be like calling the UK England - the Scots, Welsh and N. Irish would be rightly pissed off. People do call the UK England and I have no doubt people call the Netherlands Holland (especially if they're from Amsterdam) .. I have a few Dutch friends on Facebook who are pedants on the subject .. :-)

• Fretwired said:

Scotland.
    Fretwired said:

Scotland.
    My mum and my wife's family are from Scotland so I have plenty of Scottish relatives .. :-)

It didn't last long .. Corbyn's campaigning to Remain in memory of Jo Cox ...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    Remain are really piling it on with the Jo cox references now. Must be desperate now to stoop so low
    Oh I dunno. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13052

Fretwired said:
    Corbyn's campaigning to Remain
    He is? About fucking time.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Quite liked this analysis. Might have just swayed me.

this was an interesting perspective that I'd not seen before
    play every note as if it were your first
    edited June 2016
    I have an issue with the way the EU supports and protects big business. The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) revealed that the the European Court of Justice has forced HMRC to pay back £7.87billion collected in tax from big business and will be forced to pay back a further £7.3billion before 2020. the Treasury looks set to lose ongoing court cases at the European Court of Justice, with another £35.6billion at risk. This is just outrageous but you don't hear Osborne going on about it. £36 billion is half the national deficit.

Taxes declared unlawful include corporation tax on profits distributed by a subsidiary to a parent company and stamp duty serve tax - a levy raised on electronic paperless share transactions.These taxes were approved by the UK parliament. What right has the EU got to influence our tax policy?

I bet Professor Dougan didn't mention that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Heartfeltdawn;1119575" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

Remain are really piling it on with the Jo cox references now. Must be desperate now to stoop so low

Oh I dunno. 

The "best" bit is that she's taken Leave to task for taking a 20 year old quote on a different topic of of context and revealed that she is a Remain supporter.

Imagine being so desperate to score points you have to *pretend* Victoria Beckham is on your side :-D

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2016/06/21/victoria-beckham-and-david-beckham-publicly-support-remain-campaign-eu-referendum
    Actually, it is ironic that "Remain" keep wheeling out people who want the UK to remain, but they don't actually live here themselves. That says something.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    quarky said:
    Actually, it is ironic that "Remain" keep wheeling out people who want the UK to remain, but they don't actually live here themselves. That says something.

Erm, we're talking about Vote Leave trying to wheel out Victoria Beckham, who doesn't live here.

Does that "say something" too?

edited June 2016
    In reaction to yet another remain supporter who doesn't actually live here (her husband) being wheeled out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Scotland.
    My mum and my wife's family are from Scotland so I have plenty of Scottish relatives .. :-)
    Cool, wasn't directed at you, mate, no worries. :)