does Sturgeon want us to use lottery money to rebuild Hadrian's wall?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
I wish she would wind her neck in

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Scotland ....... Words fail me
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    Probably. She could also get English Heritage to pay for it, since it's in England...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    So she is the UK's Trump then?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    I question whether she acts in the best interests of the Scottish people or simply hates the English

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    RandallFlagg;1126666" said:
    I question whether she acts in the best interests of the Scottish people or simply hates the English
    Same thing, innit? :-P
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Then you don't know very much about her or about Scottish nationalism.

There are *some* English-hating Scottish nationalists, yes. The majority aren't. Some of us even *are* English :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    I even support England in the cricket. :)
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    Drew_fx said:
    No, she's a more haggard female Scottish Nigel Farage. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I don't do the lottery but would happily start if I thought the funds would go towards such a worthwhile enterprise :)

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008

All I know is the rhetoric she delivers through the media and how I am receiving and interpreting it. It's sour and devisive

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Drew_fx said:
    Dude you have really jumped the shark recently, you used to be edgy and amusing. Sign o' the times I guess. :))

But hey lets have another thread as an excuse to knock the jocks eh after all we were going piss on the out lots right to leave and keep us in....oh wait but that never happened now did it.

That is directed at the OP and @Capo4th BTW before you get all high and mighty Drew. The first bit is all for you though luvvie :).

As ICBM says for here (which is eff all to do with Scottish nationalism) a lot on here have no grasp of the Scottish mentality in these matters and rather predictably fall back on dumb fucking stereotypes. Check your flavour of nationialists who are in much greater numbers even our most vociferous ones don't even come close, plus an awful (the majority) lot of SNP voters are not nationalists in any shape or form.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/MISC/21821_912179915492211_2478631693260978520_n_zpsdxkkndjq.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

All I know is the rhetoric she delivers through the media and how I am receiving and interpreting it. It's sour and devisive
    Nah confirmation bias at it best mate.
    Drew_fx said:
    No, she's a more haggard female Scottish Nigel Farage. 

Not even close mate LOLz, not the prettiest at all but in a pinch if it came down to her or Farage at least she has the requisite bits. ;)

Besides despite her boat being prretty iffy there is no way Farage's ass canna come close to hers lol.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/MISC/11156412_892482614126989_6566090068287195045_n_zpsii9apljb.jpg

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited June 2016
    Great idea! Apart from the additional land gained, it will be ideal for keeping non EU immigrants out. ;)
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited June 2016
    I see Ms Sturgeon is now saying that the Scottish parliament can block the UK leaving the EU. 

I wonder what she'd say if Westminster returned the compliment by blocking independence after a "yes" vote?
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    siremoon said:
    I see Ms Sturgeon is now saying that the Scottish parliament can block the UK leaving the EU. 
    If it can, it will be in the terms for devolution which were written by the Westminster government, so it's slightly different from the Westminster government trying to block independence after a vote it agreed to.

I hope it doesn't come to that though, because it will be even worse than the scenario I expected of a very narrow Remain win with England still voting Leave. A lot of people in England will be even more anti-Scottish than they already are.

edited June 2016
    ICBM said:
    I hope it doesn't come to that though, because it will be even worse than the scenario I expected of a very narrow Remain win with England still voting Leave. A lot of people in England will be even more anti-Scottish than they already are.
    I'd identify Scottish people are more anti English than the other way around, if generalisations are going to be made. 

In London anyway, I've never come across any Anti Scottish sentiment but I have come across anti English sentiment from Scottish people though!  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'd identify Scottish people are more anti English than the other way around, if generalisations are going to be made. 
    You obviously haven't been reading most of the political threads here, let alone anywhere else… 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2657
    The obvious divide in perspective a thread like this illustrates proves what we all know - the uk is no longer a viable political entity.

To suggest that Sturgeon hates the English, or indeed that any of the real political debate, as opposed to trolling, has anything to do with country of birth, is to completely miss the point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    You obviously haven't been reading most of the political threads here, let alone anywhere else… 
    First one here I've read, I will give you that.  I've not really bothered about the post Brexit reaction here.  I'm not going to deny that there is no Anti Scottish sentiment on the other side of the border, but to deny that there isn't any English sentiment on the Scottish side either or that construct isn't a significant issue seems myopic at best.