does Sturgeon want us to use lottery money to rebuild Hadrian's wall?

What's Hot

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368

holnrew said:
    Does anybody realise Hadrians Wall ends in Wallsend (it's how it gets its name) by Newcastle?
    Was down for work there and a place called Haltwhistle (hopefully spelled right) and had a wee sojourn out to the wall, very interestong for me as I am very interested in history. Bloody bleak on a shitty day though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    ewal;1126999" said:
    Yes Cameron can do what he wishes, and in my opinion his (and Osbourne's) silence suggests he doesn't have a clue.

Sturgeon was specifically talking about how Brexit might be handled at Holyrood - not unreasonable. Sturgeon also has the right to express Scotland 's position based on the referendum result. Whether Scotland is recognised by the EU, WTO or NATO or not, is of no consequence.

In that case, please tell me through what process Scotland can apply to join the EU while it is still part of the UK.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2657
    Did I say that could? Why did you ask? Please read the Reuters article. That suggests Sturgeon's voice is being heard, despite what you might think.
    ewal;1127115" said:
    Did I say that could? Why did you ask? Please read the Reuters article. That suggests Sturgeon's voice is being heard, despite what you might think.
    Because until Scotland is a separate country recognised by the EU and UN there is no process (that I know of, hence why I asked) by which it can apply to join the EU.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited June 2016
    The theory (as far as I can work it out) is to do a "reverse Greenland". The country we all know as Denmark is comprised of Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. The latter have seats in the Danish Parliament, and their own devolved powers, but are not part of the EU. Denmark is. The HOPE is that the Scottish Parliament could negotiate a deal to remain in the EU even if Westminster decided to leave. Personally I hope it works- I'd much prefer this option to facing another independence referendum. The last one was tortuous and hugely divisive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited June 2016
    johnnyurq;1127042" said:
    Drew_fx said:

johnnyurq said:

Drew_fx said:

Riiiiiiight... someone didn't have their cornflakes this morning!

Ha ha dude you crack me up.

Seriously though not willign toi admit you cherry picked my quite and assumed even though I wrote it wasn't that I was somehow callng you a bigot. Really mate sometimes your logic and critical skills mantras turn out to be very hypocritical.

If you want we can play your game or talk sensibly makes no odds to me.

Say it ain't so dude.

I cherry picked your quite? Mate, how many Buckfasts you had today?

For what it's worth I was merely comparing my experiences with your experiences. I don't see what is so offensive about that, but you're having a right old jolly time with your indignant victim complex so fuckin' crack on pal!

Says the man with a sacks o potatoes on each of his shoulders about a wide range of things.

And no you were not or else why leave the payoff in my last paragraph where I had already said there are assholes everywhere to refute the crass generalisation by the dude I quoted Or do you agree with him that we nasty Scots have the monopoly on that. paint it any way you like Drew, but you do this a lot mate.

Seriously mate what did you have for brekky? If poon then cool but maybe a crack or herion fix, see what I did there joshing aout all those in London are junkies, yay me!!

If you still contend there has not been a fair bit of anti scottish sentiment here ove rthe life of this vote and again now then I know you are fulll of it.

Some is banter and good natured, I don't have anything to say on them, the others however like you with and those calling out voters racists I reserve the right to tell the to eff off.

You get most indingnant re anyone dissing London wiht tired stereotypes so imagine how waering and dull it gets when little englanders charatcerise the whole of Scotland, haters of the English. benefit junkies and a whole host of other sweeping BS assertions present on here.

Get a grip man or you will become part of the problem that is with the UK today.

For the record your pejorative pop (mostly kidding BTW) about Buckfast is piss poor mate that is a central belt thing it si Merrydown zider here and neither have ever crossed my lips so bite me.
    [admin edit]
    comment removed.
    As I watch Westminster descend further and further in to clusterfuck mode, I'm thinking maybe Nicola should pipe down for a bit. After all they'll need to find someone to blame...
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    holnrew said:
    Does anybody realise Hadrians Wall ends in Wallsend (it's how it gets its name) by Newcastle?
    Yes.

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Drew_fx said:
    johnnyurq;1127042" said:
    Drew_fx said:

johnnyurq said:

Drew_fx said:

Riiiiiiight... someone didn't have their cornflakes this morning!

Ha ha dude you crack me up.

Seriously though not willign toi admit you cherry picked my quite and assumed even though I wrote it wasn't that I was somehow callng you a bigot. Really mate sometimes your logic and critical skills mantras turn out to be very hypocritical.

If you want we can play your game or talk sensibly makes no odds to me.

Say it ain't so dude.

I cherry picked your quite? Mate, how many Buckfasts you had today?

For what it's worth I was merely comparing my experiences with your experiences. I don't see what is so offensive about that, but you're having a right old jolly time with your indignant victim complex so fuckin' crack on pal!

Says the man with a sacks o potatoes on each of his shoulders about a wide range of things.

And no you were not or else why leave the payoff in my last paragraph where I had already said there are assholes everywhere to refute the crass generalisation by the dude I quoted Or do you agree with him that we nasty Scots have the monopoly on that. paint it any way you like Drew, but you do this a lot mate.

Seriously mate what did you have for brekky? If poon then cool but maybe a crack or herion fix, see what I did there joshing aout all those in London are junkies, yay me!!

If you still contend there has not been a fair bit of anti scottish sentiment here ove rthe life of this vote and again now then I know you are fulll of it.

Some is banter and good natured, I don't have anything to say on them, the others however like you with and those calling out voters racists I reserve the right to tell the to eff off.

You get most indingnant re anyone dissing London wiht tired stereotypes so imagine how waering and dull it gets when little englanders charatcerise the whole of Scotland, haters of the English. benefit junkies and a whole host of other sweeping BS assertions present on here.

Get a grip man or you will become part of the problem that is with the UK today.

For the record your pejorative pop (mostly kidding BTW) about Buckfast is piss poor mate that is a central belt thing it si Merrydown zider here and neither have ever crossed my lips so bite me.
    [admin edit]
    comment removed.
    Boo!! I was loking forward to seeing what he wrote lol. I promise I wouldn't have kicked off. In case it is not clear I am jesting of course

Anyhoo if mods are intervening then it must be getting a bit silly so for my part I am done with the convo.

Anway as you all were.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    johnnyurq;1127103" said:
    holnrew said:

Was down for work there and a place called Haltwhistle (hopefully spelled right) and had a wee sojourn out to the wall, very interestong for me as I am very interested in history. Bloody bleak on a shitty day though.
    Only been through it on the train, lovely station though.
    My V key is broken
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    edited June 2016
    And today Sturgeon tweets 'project farce has begun and you are largely responsible Boris'. This isn't the playground love, why don't you stop fanning the flames and help calm the waters for all of the U.K. Including the Scottish?

As I said above she is being devisive

Hardly a mature way to behave for someone in her position, dishing out personal insults, refusing to accept a democratic decision in a referendum she endorsed

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    RandallFlagg;1128653" said:
    And today Sturgeon tweets 'project farce has begun and you are largely responsible Boris'. This isn't the playground love, why don't you stop fanning the flames and help calm the waters for all of the U.K. Including the Scottish?

As I said above she is being devisive

Hardly a mature way to behave for someone in her position, dishing out personal insults, refusing to accept a democratic decision in a referendum she endorsed
    She doesn't seem to realise she is burning her credibility.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    edited June 2016
    Chalky said:
    With who?

refusing to accept a democratic decision in a referendum she endorsed
    You may be able to prove me wrong if I've somehow missed something, but I'm certain she did not endorse the EU referendum either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Chalky said:
    With who?

refusing to accept a democratic decision in a referendum she endorsed
    You may be able to prove me wrong but I'm certain she did not endorse the EU referendum either.

But she campaigned in it

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha,ha - Randall it's obvious you're not a fan, but I've read nothing but praise for her in a mass of broadsheet opinion pieces. And as for 'project farce' - she's spot on. Johnson is a laughing stock. How he has got to be pm elect is a total mystery to me.
    But she campaigned in it
    Doesn't mean she endorsed having it in the first place.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ewal said:
    Ha,ha - Randall it's obvious you're not a fan, but I've read nothing but praise for her in a mass of broadsheet opinion pieces. And as for 'project farce' - she's spot on. Johnson is a laughing stock. How he has got to be pm elect is a total mystery to me.

I am not a fan of her behaviour post vote that's all. I have no opinion of her beyond that

Fair enough. I think she's playing a blinder!
    "She's the only one who makes any sense around this insane asylum!" - Santa Claus, The Nightmare Before Brexit

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    She's not making any sense if you are a Scot that voted to remain in the UK and leave the EU