does Sturgeon want us to use lottery money to rebuild Hadrian's wall?

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    edited June 2016
    I'm not 'knocking the jocks' as you put it, just concerned by Sturgeon's hasty fervour for revisiting a decision by the scottish to remain part of the UK, just because the EU referendum vote didn't go her way.

At this stage nothing has changed. Why not wait until we understand more about the actual effects that leaving the EU will have on the UK before deciding what is best for the Scottish people? 
    The decision has been made democratically, she may not like it but stirring up further rancour in the few days after the vote, before we have any idea what is going to happen seems hasty. Like him or not I thought Boris Johnson's subdued response was more thoughtful amid this chaos.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    johnnyurq;1126719" said:
    Drew_fx said:

So she is the UK's Trump then?

Dude you have really jumped the shark recently, you used to be edgy and amusing. Sign o' the times I guess. :))

But hey lets have another thread as an excuse to knock the jocks eh after all we were going piss on the out lots right to leave and keep us in....oh wait but that never happened now did it.

That is directed at the OP and @Capo4th BTW before you get all high and mighty Drew. The first bit is all for you though luvvie :).

As ICBM says for here (which is eff all to do with Scottish nationalism) a lot on here have no grasp of the Scottish mentality in these matters and rather predictably fall back on dumb fucking stereotypes. Check your flavour of nationialists who are in much greater numbers even our most vociferous ones don't even come close, plus an awful (the majority) lot of SNP voters are not nationalists in any shape or form.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/MISC/21821_912179915492211_2478631693260978520_n_zpsdxkkndjq.jpg
    Lost your sense of humour johnny?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2657
    And what do you expect Sturgeon in her role of First Minister of Scotland to do or say in the circumstances? Scotland voted to remain part of the EU,so it is her duty to consider all options that would allow this. Anything else would be a disservice to her role.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ewal said:
    And what do you expect Sturgeon in her role of First Minister of Scotland to do or say in the circumstances? Scotland voted to remain part of the EU,so it is her duty to consider all options that would allow this. Anything else would be a disservice to her role.

I expect her to be calm and wait and see what is going to happen before making snap hasty statements

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    And thus face the accusation of being clueless and lacking direction, much like the other leaders.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    ICBM said:
    I hope it doesn't come to that though, because it will be even worse than the scenario I expected of a very narrow Remain win with England still voting Leave. A lot of people in England will be even more anti-Scottish than they already are.
    I'd identify Scottish people are more anti English than the other way around, if generalisations are going to be made. 

In London anyway, I've never come across any Anti Scottish sentiment but I have come across anti English sentiment from Scottish people though!  
    Well maybe it is the same as for some unfortunate English folks who moived here, a small amount have bumped inot the more neanderthal types lurking in avery town and city who then become anti as a result. Sad but unfortunately there are asshats all over he world like this we and we have no more than most.

My personal experiences of working and visiting folks in England have been mostly positive but there are however a handful of times I was offered violence for bugger all but my accent, Twice I had to defend myself and the other were diffused by bystanders before becoming actually violent. On two ocassions they rounded on the females present for trying to defues the situation with a foul and violence tinted rant.

Now I could have chosen to characterise all English folks based on that but the truth is out of dozens of visits a handful was it so I recognise a few bad eggs if you like so maybe don't jump to conclusions fed by the media and your own potential prejudices.

Now then point I am trying badly to make is if we let the media and political fuelled divides infrom our views then where the fuck would we all be, oh yes where we are currently.

There are cunts all over, we have them you have them so try maybe to av0id knee jerk generalisations on a few twunts.

Again I post this.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/MISC/21821_912179915492211_2478631693260978520_n_zpsdxkkndjq.jpg

ICBM said:
    I hope it doesn't come to that though, because it will be even worse than the scenario I expected of a very narrow Remain win with England still voting Leave. A lot of people in England will be even more anti-Scottish than they already are.
    I'd identify Scottish people are more anti English than the other way around, if generalisations are going to be made. 

In London anyway, I've never come across any Anti Scottish sentiment but I have come across anti English sentiment from Scottish people though!  
    Well maybe it is the same as for some unfortunate English folks who moived here, a small amount have bumped inot the more neanderthal types lurking in avery town and city who then become anti as a result. Sad but unfortunately there are asshats all over he world like this we and we have no more than most.

My personal experiences of working and visiting folks in England have been mostly positive but there are however a handful of times I was offered violence for bugger all but my accent, Twice I had to defend myself and the other were diffused by bystanders before becoming actually violent. On two ocassions they rounded on the females present for trying to defues the situation with a foul and violence tinted rant.

Now I could have chosen to characterise all English folks based on that but the truth is out of dozens of visits a handful was it so I recognise a few bad eggs if you like so maybe don't jump to conclusions fed by the media and your own potential prejudices.

Now then point I am trying badly to make is if we let the media and political fuelled divides infrom our views then where the fuck would we all be, oh yes where we are currently.

There are cunts all over, we have them you have them so try maybe to avpid knee jerk gener
    I'm not 'knocking the jocks' as you put it, just concerned by Sturgeon's hasty fervour for revisiting a decision by the scottish to remain part of the UK, just because the EU referendum vote didn't go her way.

At this stage nothing has changed. Why not wait until we understand more about the actual effects that leaving the EU will have on the UK before deciding what is best for the Scottish people? 
    The decision has been made democratically, she may not like it but stirring up further rancour in the few days after the vote, before we have any idea what is going to happen seems hasty. Like him or not I thought Boris Johnson's subdued response was more thoughtful amid this chaos.
    Mate as far as I can see you never miss an opportunity to do so, Or is it banter lol, that tends to only worl if all concerned are comfy with that.

johnnyurq said:
    Mate, welcome to the world. It's nothing unique to the English or the Scottish. I've had shit said to me by Scots that they thought was just banter, but was actually quite offensive. In Japan I was told to go home and that I wasn't welcome by a complete stranger on the street.

Assholes are everywhere dude.
  • RandallFlagg;1126772" said:
    ewal said:

I expect her to be calm and wait and see what is going to happen before making snap hasty statements
    I think that's exactly what she's done. She called for calm, went out of her way to reassure everyone living in Scotland that they are valued and welcome here and then said that they will examine all possible routes to protecting Scottish interests.
    I'm not a fan of hers (or the SNP in general) but recently she's been making an alarming amount of sense, I concede that compared to Farage, Gove et al Jack McMad, the winner of this year's Mr Madman competition would seem sane & trustworthy.
    edited June 2016
    Could you give me an example of where I have been derogatory towards the Scottish people in general?

Drew_fx said:
    johnnyurq;1126719" said:
    Drew_fx said:

Dude you have really jumped the shark recently, you used to be edgy and amusing. Sign o' the times I guess. :))

But hey lets have another thread as an excuse to knock the jocks eh after all we were going piss on the out lots right to leave and keep us in....oh wait but that never happened now did it.

That is directed at the OP and @Capo4th BTW before you get all high and mighty Drew. The first bit is all for you though luvvie :).

As ICBM says for here (which is eff all to do with Scottish nationalism) a lot on here have no grasp of the Scottish mentality in these matters and rather predictably fall back on dumb fucking stereotypes. Check your flavour of nationialists who are in much greater numbers even our most vociferous ones don't even come close, plus an awful (the majority) lot of SNP voters are not nationalists in any shape or form.

Not at all mate mine is intact. How about yours eh?

Just sick of the BS and real bigotry some are displaying I am afraid, and you know as I signposted the comment aimed that it was tongue in cheek but if you want to be a cupcake, snowflake bedwetter help yourself mate. See now you must see I  mostly jest with you. ;-)

Or maybe you are feeling emasculated by your Japanese poontang fermenting the fruit of your loins for you. ;-)
    johnnyurq said:
    Drew_fx said:
    johnnyurq;1126719" said:
    Drew_fx said:

Not at all mate mine is intact. How about yours eh?

Just sick of the BS and real bigotry some are displaying I am afraid, and you know as I signposted the comment aimed that it was tongue in cheek but if you want to be a cupcake, snowflake bedwetter help yourself mate. See now you must see I  mostly jest with you. ;-)

Or maybe you are feeling emasculated by your Japanese poontang fermenting the fruit of your loins for you. ;-)
    So wait... it's okay for you to make a joke but anyone else and all of a sudden it's bigotry? Fuck off mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    Drew_fx said:
    So wait... it's okay for you to make a joke but anyone else and all of a sudden it's bigotry? Fuck off mate.
    Agree there. 
    ewal said:
    And thus face the accusation of being clueless and lacking direction, much like the other leaders.

Being patient and thoughtful is not being clueless

ewal said:

Being patient and thoughtful is not being clueless

That is true, but having watched Sturgeon's interview this morning again, I thought it was very measured and thoughtful, and she repeatedly made it clear that what she was talking in her role as First Minister. I really don't think she said anything that anyone else wouldn't say given the current constitutional issues.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    edited June 2016
    For what it's worth...if she genuinely can veto acting on the referendum result, I would personally be quite happy to sacrifice the Scots' reputation within the UK in order to do so :D

(it'd certainly make up for the years of abuse I've had from them about rugby results)
    <space for hire>
    I think the legalities of the devolution settlement which sets out what Holyrood can and can't do are obviously untested. In any case I think it is much more likely that it'll be Westminster which decides against Brexit, possibly via a 2nd referendum.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    ewal said:
    I think the legalities of the devolution settlement which sets out what Holyrood can and can't do are obviously untested. In any case I think it is much more likely that it'll be Westminster which decides against Brexit, possibly via a 2nd referendum.
    ...or, very possibly, do you think they might take a gamble to save their own careers by attempting to force her into the veto?

The problem is that it's a 50/50 on whether she'd veto it or just call for an independence referendum.
    <space for hire>
    Whatever way it goes it is patently obvious that a lot of politicians are currently clueless. This (Sky!!) journalist appears to have reached the same conclusion...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/faisal-islam-brexit-no-plan_uk_576fe22ee4b0d2571149cffd

And this analysis perhaps suggests why...

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-are-really-really-hoping-this-theory-about-david-cameron-and-brexit-is-true--bJhqBql0VZ
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    The way I see it, in the long term the eu and the UK are going in completely different directions, and we either need to join them or leave them.

People don't want to be a full member of the eu (atleast not the majority). But as time goes on and the eu and the UK grew further and further apart a 'brexit' was inevitable.

I am happy it has happened sooner rather than later as now as the other Eurosceptic countries exit the EU will be hit by more and more economic shock. By leaving we have taken a hit, but so have the EU, and as other countries leave we will be fine and the EU will keep being hit.

Onto Scotland, I get why people are pissed, but the people have spoken, it is a shame the divide is this much. For me the case for Scottish independence is weaker now than before, with the border and with almost certainly having to adopt the euro and more.

I think having another referendum would be a bad idea, first of all, more uncertainty means worse economy, we have seen than from 'brexit'. Secondly because I think, after a campaign, Scotland wouldn't become independent, and so that would put independence off the table for a generation.

For me, as someome who feels British, not English, and who loves the UK, that is a great thing.
    But for someone who wants scotland to become independent, that isn't good.

I do think sturgeon is less of a wanker than Nigel or trump, she certainly comes across as "nicer" but deep down she isn't all that different.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?