Campaign lies, and consequences

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    hobbio said:
    I'm not calling you or any other Leave voter a Nazi, I do believe it's the thin end of the wedge, I do believe the country has now effectively legitimised hostility and racism towards foreigners.

But the whole leave standing, taking back control, restoring national pride, halting immigration.

Sound a lot like a bloody racist manifesto to me.

You voted the way you did, for whatever reasons you did, most will prob be unaffected by it all and wonder what the fuss was about, others have their lives turned upside down.
    I know which one I am hoping I will be.

I've said why I voted Leave, and also that I regret my vote.

There are a lot of Leaver voters, that I personally know, who didn't vote for the racist manifesto. We voted to show that we didn't want even closer integration. A lot of us, me included, didn't really expect to win.

I think a little calm would be seriously cool here..
    many folk are clearly pretty stressed..
    and professorben is clearly fkn scared about his future..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    mellowsun said:
    I apologise for (indirectly - your post rather than you :) calling you ignorant @Fretwired.
    @mellowsun .. no worries .. this debate highlights one issue .. if we can't find the real facts then voters stood no chance making an informed decision.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Why?  just asking.

Net migration is those comnig in - those going out.  If you count students coming in you should count them going out.  I dont know - but Id think it checkable from the Census's.  If net migration is circa 300k then every 10 years the population should rise 3 mill - deaths + births
    It's a good question, but we don't count people them leaving and I don't know why. I'll ask my wife, she works in this field!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Everyone but me seems to have an exotic immigrant wife
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    holnrew;1132005" said:
    I don't..... I have an exotic immigrant gf ( wife in all but title)
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    octatonic said:
    Lying in political office should be a bumming offence.

Who does the bumming?

Are we having a referendum on who gets the dubious pleasuer/honour?

Are they going in hot and dry?

If lube is to be used will it be rugged Swarfega for better roughness?

Enquiring minds need answers!!

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7380
    hobbio said:

Oh, fuck off! Blame, blame, blame! It's not one or two people that voted Leave, it was over half.

I voted Leave, and I now regret it. Perhaps you could talk to the Remain campaigners and ask why they did fuck all except paint people like me as racist dumbasses.

Fair enough calling you racist is t on but if you voted leave and now regret it then maybe you need to come to terms with the fact in that instance you were a dumbass. If more people took responsibility for themselves then I'm pretty sure we'd be in a better place.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    Right, enough of the antagonism. You wanted Hitler?

Happy to oblige.

"Oh fucking hell, David's just texted me"

Fantastic stuff :D
    <space for hire>
  • And a little thing from John Oliver ;)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    holnrew said:
    mine is from Cumbria… does that count?
    play every note as if it were your first
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    Clarky;1132399" said:
    holnrew said:

mine is from Cumbria… does that count?
    Can she do that thing with the cherries?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    hobbio said:

Oh, fuck off! Blame, blame, blame! It's not one or two people that voted Leave, it was over half.

I voted Leave, and I now regret it. Perhaps you could talk to the Remain campaigners and ask why they did fuck all except paint people like me as racist dumbasses.

Fair enough calling you racist is t on but if you voted leave and now regret it then maybe you need to come to terms with the fact in that instance you were a dumbass. If more people took responsibility for themselves then I'm pretty sure we'd be in a
    better place.

@PolarityMan, fuck you.

So I've been called a Nazi and a dumbass. My reasons for voting are still valid, even if I regret the actual vote. The dumbasses are the ones who thought they were voting to get the Poles out, or the ones that were Googling what the EU actually was after they'd voted to leave. What part of anything I've posted implies that I'm not taking responsibility for my own actions?

But, you know, keep the fucking insults coming. Wanker. See, I can fucking do it too.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

Sorry there was a typo that should have said "calling you a racist isn't on". You can also be a dumbass in one instance but not be generally. Making a snap reaction assuming I'm just laying into you prevents you owning your mistake. People who do his a lot end up not learning from their mistakes.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @hobbio - there's quite the gulf between talking about a generalised group of people and talking about a specific person. The former assumes that the only thing the speaker knows about each person is their single defining characteristic and allows for exceptions, whereas the latter assumes the speaker knows the person.

Perhaps stop taking things quite so personally and realise that you're the exception...unless you're aiming to characterise yourself as the same as all the people who did vote because they don't like foreigners and haven't got a clue what the EU is (which I sincerely doubt you are, in both senses)?
    <space for hire>
    Sorry there was a typo that should have said "calling you a racist isn't on". You can also be a dumbass in one instance but not be generally. Making a snap reaction assuming I'm just laying into you prevents you owning your mistake. People who do his a lot end up not learning from their mistakes.
    You specifically called me a dumbass. I realise my mistake, but if it makes you feel better then just carry on having a pop.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    hobbio;1132535" said:
    PolarityMan said:

hobbio said:

Oh, fuck off! Blame, blame, blame! It's not one or two people that voted Leave, it was over half. I voted Leave, and I now regret it. Perhaps you could talk to the Remain campaigners and ask why they did fuck all except paint people like me as racist dumbasses.

Fair enough calling you racist is t on but if you voted leave and now regret it then maybe you need to come to terms with the fact in that instance you were a dumbass. If more people took responsibility for themselves then I'm pretty sure we'd be in a better place.

@PolarityMan, fuck you.So I've been called a Nazi and a dumbass. My reasons for voting are still valid, even if I regret the actual vote. The dumbasses are the ones who thought they were voting to get the Poles out, or the ones that were Googling what the EU actually was after they'd voted to leave. What part of anything I've posted implies that I'm not taking responsibility for my own actions?But, you know, keep the fucking insults coming. Wanker. See, I can fucking do it too.
    You should know the rules on here by now. Idiots can insult you but if you react its your fault. Ignore them. Its not as if they are important people, is it? :))
    @hobbio - maybe you could look up the difference between "specific" and "generalised"?

I can't believe you're seriously asking us to lump you in with a bunch of people who are genuinely idiots, even though (nearly) everybody keeps trying to tell you otherwise. You're actively derailing every thread where anybody talks about Leave voters (or those who regret their vote) in anything less than glowing terms, as though you somehow think nobody's allowed to talk about it.

Hint: unless you're addressed specifically in a post, you're not specifically being talked about.
    <space for hire>
    When someone posts that Leave voters who now regret their vote, or Leave voters in general, are cunts then that person is calling me a cunt.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    hobbio said:
    When someone posts that Leave voters who now regret their vote, or Leave voters in general, are cunts then that person is calling me a cunt.
    @hobbio .. ignore them. In ten years time when the economy is booming and everyone is better off all these Remainers will be claiming it was their idea in the first place ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hobbio said:
    You specifically called me a dumbass. I realise my mistake, but if it makes you feel better then just carry on having a pop.
    No actually I didn't. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ