Another attack in France...

What's Hot
quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
Nice this time with dozens reported dead.

So many fucked up people in this world.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Intelligence can only go so far. As much as I hate to bring it up, it just seems so easy to get weapons and people across into Europe, and once there, they can go anywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    60 reported dead currently
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1415
    If this is correct, and it was an attack, I do feel for the French. Why are they being singled out?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited July 2016
    Talk of hostages in the Meridien Hotel.

Edit; Not true thankfully...
    And yeah I agree, it is soon, but it is relevant to eu and having no borders between different countries.
    It is certainly true that the border control in Greece is not the same as that in the UK, and as such, getting weapons and terrorists inside of those border countries is easier. And once you are in one schengen area country you have access to them all.

Real shit position France are in currently, they are on the highest alert level possible and seem to be being targeted a lot more than other western countries, and don't seem to be able to stop them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    rsvmark said:
    If this is correct, and it was an attack, I do feel for the French. Why are they being singled out?
    Easier to target than UK due to schengen etc

Higher profile than other eu schengen countries.

They have seen from experience that attacks in France are grabbing the whole worlds attention, so why stop when it is working for them.

Lots of high density soft target areas.

Plus the anti Muslim/religion attitude France has doesn't help (banning the buhrka etc).
  • BGGBGG Frets: 699
    Just watched a video, bodies and blood all over the place, tragic ! :(
    #thebatesmotelband
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73232
    Looks like the main - or only, it's not clear - weapon here was a truck, so any laws on gun ownership are irrelevant.

I'm going to Paris next week so I'm expecting heavy security. No way I'm not going though, that would be giving these evil bastards what they want.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I heard he used the truck to run over lots of people and then got out and started shooting. He was then shot dead by police.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    didn't the French authorities announce earlier this week that they were lowering the state of emergency?
    play every note as if it were your first
    Reports saying there were multiple guns and grenades/explosives were inside the back if the truck.

So if the cunt had have got his was there would have been even more killing, and this potentially could have been a lot worse than it was.
    Not that that should take away from the massive severity of this attack.
    Now estimates say atleast 70 dead :(

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    rsvmark said:
    Assuming it's a Jihadi/ISIS related attack....

France gets targeted because:

- it's easier to get into than USA or UK.  France is the next prime target in the West.

- France has participated in the bombings in Syria and Libya.

- France is the country that most represents modern democracy and liberalism, which are ideologies and values of the Western and Christian world. 

- Paris is a huge cultural capital of Western modern civilisation.

- there's large Muslim populations in France/Belgium, so a higher chance of native Islamic inspired radicalised extremists

- France and continental Europe probably has inferior intelligence to UK and USA, so not as good at stopping Jihadi cells and plots.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    this is just so shit….

and I think that as ISIS starts to fall apart and loses more and more ground in Syria and Iraq, it'll resort more and more to this sort of thing..
    play every note as if it were your first
    Now 80 confirmed dead, including several children.
    State of emergency being extended a further 3 months.
    10,000 troops being mobilised in France along with reserve forces being used.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6264
    edited July 2016
    84 people including children plus 15 seriously wounded.
    This is just awful :(
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31263

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5115
    Those poor people. 

This is a mad world
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3126
    Getting pretty concerned now. I've got a holiday booked a little further south along the coast from there in September. Won't stop me going but will keep me on my toes.