Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Can Someone Please Explain to me Strat Prices?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited October 2016

So in summary - your trem assembly is the tonal equivalent of a pre-CBS one - and therefore it improves the sound of a guitar fitted with a lower quality trem. It does not some how magically transform a Mexican Strat into a Pre-CBS guitar - but it does improve its tone - as any trem made of better materials would do.

There is so much marketing bullsh1t and voodoo around in the guitar business, it's nice to be able to nail down what is and isn't 'fact'.

Hi Richard,

I absolutely agree,   so if I may,  can we nail down what is and isn't fact, and also remove any meaningless or misleading generalisations.

"your trem assembly is the tonal equivalent of a pre-CBS one"  is not fact.

Although it is true to say, the Wudtone CP Vintage tremolo ( that particular Wudtone Tremolo option)  did in fact deliver an equivalent Pre-CBS tone on a Pre-CBS guitar in the opinion of Huw at Guitar and Bass.

if you had said " A Wudtone CP Vintage trem assembly is made from materials equivalent to a pre-CBS one."  then that is factually correct.

We don't want any marketing bullsh1t or voodoo associated with Wudtone and that is why a real example as in the video is used and that is very important to us. How materials equivalent to pre-CBS ones , along with design differences such as the shim ( whacker plate) changes the tone character/dynamic and tuning stability of a Made in Mexico Stratocaster ( from that delivered by the stock hardware originally fitted)  is best shown by real example. Hence use of a video to set expectations correctly . 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom