Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Forum members with top spec gear

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    And if you want to hear my gear, you can sub to my Youtube or you can come to a gig!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I am currently working my way through riff 16 on page 21 of First Guitar Riffs. 

What a great book it sounds mighty wonderful on my Fender custom shop strat.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1650
    Drew_TNBD said:
    And if you want to hear my gear, you can sub to my Youtube or you can come to a gig!
    Good point, perhaps we should have a section for users YouTube channels 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31982
    If anybody seriously thinks you can't play great guitar through low priced gear, I'd venture to say they're a bit thick. All this tone chasing stuff is bollocks to me.
    Says the man who spent seven grand on guitars in about a month. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Drew_TNBD said:

do you have a linky to said youtube channel ? 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    capo4th said:
    I am currently working my way through riff 16 on page 21 of First Guitar Riffs. 

What a great book it sounds mighty wonderful on my Fender custom shop strat.....

does such a book really exist ? If so any links? (seriously...I teach guitar and any new decent resources/ideas is good!)
  • siraxeman said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

do you have a linky to said youtube channel ? 
    Maybe the link in Drew's sig that says "My Youtube Channel"? ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 620
    Great idea ...this is from a couple of weeks back ...its my Overwater guitar through a shitty roland cube.. the overwater is similar quality to say a PRS 

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I'd rather look at the pictures.... ;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9720
    Iamnobody said:
    Skipped said:
    We had a thread today about Ritchie Blackmore and which guitar used on Machine Head etc.....and 3 clicks later I was reading an interview in which he said he got interested in jazz, indian music, other stuff because he felt he would be bored just playing 4 notes or whatever (Blues).

What I think is that.......if your awesome gear was paid for by gigging and  repeating the same few phrases in a rather wonderful way (in a way that led to Clapton being confused with God) then you are probably more worthy than a shredder with awesome technique who is playing a guitar that his mother bought him......to a Logitech Webcam.....in his bedroom.
    I think we have to be careful about judging who is worthy. As someone has already said - that is subjective.

We don't have to be careful about it. We have no right to judge who is worthy.

Who are 'we' to judge? 

As far as I'm concerned people can buy and play what the fuck they like.

I'm shit - but I've got some disposable now I'm getting older. So I've bought a few nice guitars.

When I gigged in an original band I played a Squier Tele.

Am I worthy?

@Iamnobody - great post mate, and im similar...

Im fortunate to have a fair bit of expendable these days, after having not much for many many years... as such, I spend way more than I should on gear, play live less, but still love the creativity of music and musicians.

Its my 50th next year, so that'll probably be an excuse to buy some expensive geetar !
  • p90fool said:
    If anybody seriously thinks you can't play great guitar through low priced gear, I'd venture to say they're a bit thick. All this tone chasing stuff is bollocks to me.
    Yeah but I was gigging them with some average skillz to match :lol:  I play with cheaper amps (and I tried some ferry expensive ones).
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    p90fool said:
    Yeah but I was gigging them with some average skillz to match :lol:  I play with cheaper amps (and I tried some ferry expensive ones).
    Irish Sea or English Channel?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • D'oh :lol: 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    D'oh :lol: 
    *pedant mode off*
  • Great video @Barney!!!!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    miserneil said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I'd rather look at the pictures.... ;-)
    teeeheeee ;)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11770
    tFB Trader
    I do have quite a few guitars of my own - in theory an ever changing roster although I do tend to keep them a long time.
    Here is most of the current line-up...excluding pointy ones that wont go on the stand.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5341
    Barney said:
    Great idea ...this is from a couple of weeks back ...its my Overwater guitar through a shitty roland cube.. the overwater is similar quality to say a PRS 

nifty chops but what a shitty tone:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5341
    edited October 2016
    If anybody seriously thinks you can't play great guitar through low priced gear, I'd venture to say they're a bit thick. All this tone chasing stuff is bollocks to me. I'd take skill any day. I'd say I'm average with some great guitars but I don't pretend to be a fountain of knowledge, and I've had the balls to put videos and clips online.
    dont think anyone really thinks you cant play great guitar on low priced gear @thomasross20.. just going to sound better with better gear,  as for chasing tone being a load of bollocks thats just a nonsense IMO....pick any instrument you like, are you seriously suggesting that a desire to get a wonderful sound isn't a major ambition of every musician?

All those instrument makers over the centuries must have been barking up the wrong tree in their quest for a better playing and more toneful violin. piano.oboe, drum. cello, guitar etc etc etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 620
    mgaw said:
    Barney said:

nifty chops but what a shitty tone:)
    Haha....i agree..lol...its all the amp.. guitar sounds great through right amp ..heres one from a while ago ...its my RDA Dumble clone and gibson R7...all the the different stages pf gain are by usining the guitar volume :)