Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tone World in Administration

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Shame - bought my Godin 5th Avenue Composer from them .. great service.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertie said:
    They sold my friends PRS two weeks ago on consignment and have pocketed the money. He's 2.5k out of pocket and Admistraotrs have fucked him off.

they cant actually do that can they ?   They can pocket the "commission"  but legally the money belongs to your friend as the guitar wasnt 'stock'   and can (with appropriate proof) claim it back........................... cant they ?  Pretty sure I read a similar thing  last year   Fret ?
    I'm really interested in anyone shedding further light on this. 
  • I would imagine if the guitar was still there he could simply remove it, but I would expect him now to join the line of creditors as it's a matter of they owe him £2500.

Could hurt small boutique firms if they've extended credit to them.

I'd bet lawyers were a big part of their customer base....
  •  

bertie said:
    They sold my friends PRS two weeks ago on consignment and have pocketed the money. He's 2.5k out of pocket and Admistraotrs have fucked him off.

they cant actually do that can they ?   They can pocket the "commission"  but legally the money belongs to your friend as the guitar wasnt 'stock'   and can (with appropriate proof) claim it back........................... cant they ?  Pretty sure I read a similar thing  last year   Fret ?

It sold 2 weeks ago. The cash I assume went into  system.....
  • The Administrators throw a blanket over the whole business, nothing gets in or out without their say so. My best guess is that they'll be attempting to sell this business as a going concern.  Lustycourtier's Pal's claim may indeed be completely valid, but the realities of the situation will involve him having to get in the untimely queue that will inevitably be created by the legal forces amassing. 

The law has little to do with fairness in my experience and opinion. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    The law has little to do with fairness in my experience and opinion. 
    didnt know you were a JP

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ourmaninthenorth said:   The law has little to do with fairness in my experience and opinion. 
    Or justice,

(IMO, and that of many others)

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261

that really really fkn sux bad...

if there's no chance of getting the money back then there's only one thing for it..

set fire to the shop and also to the building where the administrator's office is

play every note as if it were your first
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25049
    Once again blaming the lawyers.

In this matter it's administrators and accountants.

If you don't want a lawyer to "win" (or more accurately, pay them for the professional service you have asked them to perform) then go down the library and learn what you need to know yourself. It's all there.

You are allowed to represent yourself.

As for fairness and justice. Same old bollocks.

The winner always thinks that justice has been done and there could be no other outcome. The loser always says there has been a miscarriage of justice.

The loser never admits that there is even a possibility that an impartial judge has looked at all sides and made the right choice. And that's just pathetic child-like behaviour.

None of the moaners ever come up with suggested  improvements of course. THat would need actual thought and research. It's as lazy as moaning about a political party getting into power when you didn't bother to vote.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Clarky said:

set fire to the shop and also to the building where the administrator's office is
    Seriously, you've had too many conversations with me.....
    >:)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 438
    edited January 2014

To be fair that's in reference to the legal dispute that appears to be the trigger. Other than that entirely guilty of a cheap shot at your profession! :))

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25049

To be fair that's in reference to the legal dispute that appears to be the trigger. Other than that entirely guilty of a cheap shot at your profession! :))

Almost every dispute is legal.

The easiest way to remove the need for lawyers is for people / companies / etc to actually keep their promises.  None of us would be needed at all then.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's you lot dealt with. Politicians next....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Wow. This is quite a shock.
    Seemed like a promising development for the North West when Tone World opened.

We still have Sounds Great. And Dawsons. But I have to say that forum members in the South  who live somewhere  near Coda Music are quite lucky. Lots of choice of high end Fender and Gibson guitars. And 2014 models that actually arrive in er.........2014.
    A few months ago I was moaning on MLPF that the Gibson Historic guitars at Sounds Great are all 2012 models (this was halfway through 2013). It's now 2014 and the stock is still the same. What are they going to do with those guitars? (I think Gibson should buy them back and put them on ebay at "cost". I reckon they would not lose any money).
    A potential buyer in Manchester who wants to check out an R7 or an R9 with the current Burstbucker pickups needs to head for Dawsons to discover what is required (?) for them to unlock the glass case.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12158
    can someone please open up a nice shop near the Trafford centre. Then I can visit it with the kids in tow but without using up a week's worth of brownie points
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    fretmeister said:
    Once again blaming the lawyers...

Looks to me like an exchange of cheap shots all round TBH.

I know it is perceived as the best compromise, but in many cases the justice system as it has been evolved over the centuries is just not fit for purpose, neither is the way it is enacted or supported.  An adversarial system where the outcome is often dependant on interpretation and intellectual prowess seems somewhat arcane to me.  I would love to be able to help make real and effective change to what most people see as a flawed system, if I knew how, but this is really not the thread to be discussing it.

I do love the concept of people treating each other fairly, keeping promises etc, and being able to remove the ambiguity innate in the human condition, as well as some other more distasteful survival traits.
    Nice animated GIF BTW.
    :)

• can someone please open up a nice shop near the Trafford centre. Then I can visit it with the kids in tow but without using up a week's worth of brownie points
    Yep - I could go for that. The nearest big one is PMT in Salford which is about 10mins drive from the Trafford Centre.
    Hey Deijavoo,
    I saw in the opening post that you were manager in Jessops, Carlisle branch I presume.
    I was shocked when Jessops just shut up shop, and concerned for all their staff.

Just a quick personal message of support, and to let you know that I have shopped in your branch several times, and that it was definitely one of the better Jessops stores with well trained helpful and knowledgeable staff, a better score than many others and a credit to you.  Hope life is treating you well now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Everytime anyone mentions all the NW guitar shops, they all neglect to mention Frailers, which I think is the best for interesting guitars. My last 5 or 6 have come from there...
  • can someone please open up a nice shop near the Trafford centre. Then I can visit it with the kids in tow but without using up a week's worth of brownie points
    There's actually a shop that sells guitars in the Trafford centre now! It's on the second floor near Next. Don't go expect much though and the kids in there haven't got a clue. Might be ok with a Fender Teeshirt though.